LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kept hearing about the girl on girl scene in it. Had my hopes up but it was only so so. The movie was pretty good though and Charlize is... well she's freaking Charlize Theron. She's my "free pass".:D
Yeah they were hot in the sense just because of what they were and the two women in it. But if you're looking for some heat on the TV it's pretty tame. Again other than the fact those two women are insanely gorgeous.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Watched Jungle the other night. It leaked online already before release lol. Thought it was pretty good and I like movies based on true stories. Daniel Radcliffe is the lead in this movie and I enjoy his movies usually like the Harry Potter trilogy and Horns i thought was underrated. Id give it a solid 7/10 and worth a watch if you like drama/survival/true story type movies.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_Iz3-88Fw

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wonder Woman - 8.5/10 - FINALLY a DC movie where the hero actually gets to be a ....HERO! What a concept.
Nice origin story and great cast. It got a little predictable in the end and relied on the standard BIG BOSS fight at the end, but it was done well.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2- 8/10 - I can't put my finger on it... but I just didn't like it as much as everyone else. Something was missing for me. The first was better, imo. They pulled a bit of an Empire Strikes Back on us and split the team up. Drax was reduced to comic relief and really didn't do ANY ass-kicking. The baby Groot thing got a little tiring and repetitive after a while too. Rocket and Yondu saved it for me, though.
I've seen both of the recently, and Loved them Both!

John Wick 2 - 9/10 - I think the first one was a perfect 10 for me. Great action, great soundtrack, simple storyline. This one expands upon the world of the assassin and is ALMOST up to par with the 1st. Cool movie.
This is one I haven't seen yet, But I want to!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
John Wick 2 - 9/10 - I think the first one was a perfect 10 for me. Great action, great soundtrack, simple storyline. This one expands upon the world of the assassin and is ALMOST up to par with the 1st. Cool movie.
Funny. Simple storyline. Yep - Kill EVERYONE. But it was a great movie. I would actually say it was better than the first one and I loved the first one. That was just pure action. I joked about it being like going on an amusement park ride for an hour and a half.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man did I hate that movie.
Full disclosure, I was high when I watched it, but the realism was completely absent for me.
Who gets hit by a car and bounces back at full strength & keeps fighting? He's not Superman.
Turned it off after 10 minutes.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Full disclosure, I was high when I watched it, but the realism was completely absent for me.
Who gets hit by a car and bounces back at full strength & keeps fighting? He's not Superman.
Lol. The car thing kinda maybe me chuckle as well. I LOVED the first one. The second was fun, but nowhere near as good as the original IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Listen to Mr. Stick in the Mud stoner. Gotta just suspend disbelief and roll with it. That movie was an action shoot 'em up with no plot and violence for the sake of violence. What's not to love?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Listen to Mr. Stick in the Mud stoner. Gotta just suspend disbelief and roll with it. That movie was an action shoot 'em up with no plot and violence for the sake of violence. What's not to love?
Keeanu Reeves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Keeanu Reeves.
HAHAHAHA Well I am not a fan of his acting but the dude actually did a tremendous amount of training - not only for this role, but because he loves it. He is also by all accounts a pretty real person - unlike most of the Hollyweird posers.
#keanureevesisagodandiwanttohavehisbaby

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Silly! Expecting realism from Hollywood.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
9/10

I wanted more Pennywise scenes and more of him talking and messing with the kids heads. I feel like the film relied a little too much on jump scares and the cliched scary movie tactics we are all so accustomed to. Should have been scarier. Loved the performances though and can't wait for part 2.

I

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Thor: Rangarok

9/10

really fun movie ,will probably be in my top 5 Marvel movies , although my top 5 Marvel Movies is starting to he pretty crowded

also probably my wife's favorite Marvel movie of all

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Thor:Ragnarok
9.5/10

Enjoyed the movie

Finally amped up Thor’s Power level adequately.

Lots of references to Thor comics

Most of the humor in the right places

Hulk - Thor showdown was well done

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
A couple characters I would love to show up in future Marvel movies

Nova , in Guardians of the Galaxy , we saw the Nova Corps in the first GOTG , now would love to see Nova himself

and second

Beta Ray Bill in Thor , they threw us an Easter Egg in Ragnarok

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Murder On The Orient Express

9/10

I really can't think of anything I didn't like about this version of the Agatha Christie classic but I only give 10/10 to the Best of All Time films so I can't quite lift it to that level. But I loved it. I have seen the 1974 version with Albert Finney, the BBC version with David Suchet and read the original novel so I certainly knew the story and of course, the ending.
Despite the film getting around a 59 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, I think that one of the reasons I loved it was the same reason that the negative reviewers did not: This is Poirot's film. He clearly is the center of the film and in this story--he should be. The supporting characters are fleshed out just fine and the performances by the supporting cast are very strong. But yes--Kenneth Branagh steals the show as the fussy, OCD Poirot who can't stand things to be "out of order" and who has a clear black and white view of right and wrong. That last trait is severely tested in this story. And that is central to the story that is "Murder on the Orient Express".

He adds some minor "action" sequences to the film and they fit in just fine but this is a film centered mostly on character and plot and is beautifully filmed. This is like a good TCM film where story still matters. Where acting takes the place of special effects. To be sure, the film has some CGI(what film doesn't) but it adds to the beauty of the film in presenting the exotic locales and the Orient Express and it's journey.

If you like a great story with great acting I highly recommend this film.

I'd love to see Branagh and Michelle Pfeiffer get Oscar consideration. It probably won't happen but they both deserve it.

This story can be presented many ways but one thing at the heart of the original story is a series of interrogations. Now--those scenes are presented magnificently by Agatha Christie in her original classic but I am not sure that would work well in a modern film. Branagh avoids most of that and things move along nicely. The film is around two hours but never felt long to me.

It's an adult drama for people who still like good stories with good acting. The supporting cast is wonderful, led by Michelle Pfeiffer but there is also Judi Dench, Josh Gad, Willem Dafoe, Penelope Cruz, Daisey Ridley and Johnny Depp(clearly enjoying his role).

Again--I recommend this film and if you know the ending, as I did, I think you will enjoy the emotional impact of the story as presented in this version and if you do not know the story or ending, do yourself a favor and don't try to find out. Just go and see it. In any case, it's an enjoyable film. I knew the ending. My wife did not. We both loved it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Murder On The Orient Express

9/10

I really can't think of anything I didn't like about this version of the Agatha Christie classic but I only give 10/10 to the Best of All Time films so I can't quite lift it to that level. But I loved it. I have seen the 1974 version with Albert Finney, the BBC version with David Suchet and read the original novel so I certainly knew the story and of course, the ending.
Despite the film getting around a 59 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, I think that one of the reasons I loved it was the same reason that the negative reviewers did not: This is Poirot's film. He clearly is the center of the film and in this story--he should be. The supporting characters are fleshed out just fine and the performances by the supporting cast are very strong. But yes--Kenneth Branagh steals the show as the fussy, OCD Poirot who can't stand things to be "out of order" and who has a clear black and white view of right and wrong. That last trait is severely tested in this story. And that is central to the story that is "Murder on the Orient Express".

He adds some minor "action" sequences to the film and they fit in just fine but this is a film centered mostly on character and plot and is beautifully filmed. This is like a good TCM film where story still matters. Where acting takes the place of special effects. To be sure, the film has some CGI(what film doesn't) but it adds to the beauty of the film in presenting the exotic locales and the Orient Express and it's journey.

If you like a great story with great acting I highly recommend this film.

I'd love to see Branagh and Michelle Pfeiffer get Oscar consideration. It probably won't happen but they both deserve it.

This story can be presented many ways but one thing at the heart of the original story is a series of interrogations. Now--those scenes are presented magnificently by Agatha Christie in her original classic but I am not sure that would work well in a modern film. Branagh avoids most of that and things move along nicely. The film is around two hours but never felt long to me.

It's an adult drama for people who still like good stories with good acting. The supporting cast is wonderful, led by Michelle Pfeiffer but there is also Judi Dench, Josh Gad, Willem Dafoe, Penelope Cruz, Daisey Ridley and Johnny Depp(clearly enjoying his role).

Again--I recommend this film and if you know the ending, as I did, I think you will enjoy the emotional impact of the story as presented in this version and if you do not know the story or ending, do yourself a favor and don't try to find out. Just go and see it. In any case, it's an enjoyable film. I knew the ending. My wife did not. We both loved it.

I enjoyed it as well.
Knew the ending, a series of them coming Inwoukd think.
Didn't read many of her books but I couldn't remember Poirot being so arrogant. I enjoy that. But, was he arrogant in the books?

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I enjoyed it as well.
Knew the ending, a series of them coming Inwoukd think.
Didn't read many of her books but I couldn't remember Poirot being so arrogant. I enjoy that. But, was he arrogant in the books?

I am starting to binge read Agatha Christie books now. I love mysteries and she's very good. Up until now I had only read "Murder On the Orient Express" and a non-Poirot book: "And Then There Were None". I have since read what is considered one of her best Poirot books" The Murder of Roger Ackroyd"(which works as a novel but not really as a film)and I've watched a few David Suchet shows of the BBC version of these stories and also saw the original film.

On that limited background, I would say that Poirot is very much full of himself. He doesn't express very much humility once he gets started. He's good and he knows it. And his reputation is pretty large so a lot of other people know it as well.

I will say that Branagh played up the OCD angle a bit more than I've noticed in other places but it felt right.

I can't wait for "Death on the Nile" which of course they hinted at near the end. I hope they make it. I'm actually reading a Miss Marple mystery of Christie's right now(a character she created when she got tired of Poirot)but next up for me is "Death on the Nile". I'm not waiting for the film.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who gets hit by a car and bounces back at full strength & keeps fighting?

Yeah like martial arts movies where someone gets pulverized and keeps on fighting.

Getting kicked in the head three times means the fight is over.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rewatched The Maltese Falcon.

10/10

Classic film, hadn't seen it in years. Besides Bogie and a great cast, had fantastic lighting and shadows, classic dialogue.