LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just recently watched this also. Everything you state here is dead on. Movie was incredibly accurate. The one thing I was surprised about is no mention of the Richards family who in real life was a big part of the overall scene. Sounds like they met with the family prior to release and they asked to be removed from the movie.

Hard to rate the movie as its hits a little too close to home. It was alot more emotional for me than I expected but is a movie I would recommend and outside of the Wahlberg character everything is very accurate.
Was curious to hear your take, if you would watch. I remember chatting with you quite a bit then, while you and your family was on lock down. Crazy and scary stuff. I had several running friends in the race and the whole day was quite surreal. Still don't know if I'll watch it as the grouch in me doesn't want to see people profiting over such a horrific event...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Was curious to hear your take, if you would watch. I remember chatting with you quite a bit then, while you and your family was on lock down. Crazy and scary stuff. I had several running friends in the race and the whole day was quite surreal. Still don't know if I'll watch it as the grouch in me doesn't want to see people profiting over such a horrific event...

Had to watch it. Really good movie and does a good job of telling it like it was. I thought I was ready to see it but I cried a lot and getting welled up as I even write about it, its weird lol. The fact that a local kid did the movie makes its better I think. Had it been some random person from Hollywood, not sure I would of watched it but knowing Wahlberg is from Dorchester and was sympathetic to the Richards family made it easier to watch.

Its does give people who were not in the middle of it what is was like here 4 years ago. Definitely brought back some memories though. For the record you were a great friend during that time! Will never forget that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think k it's necessarily a bad thing. I like that people can see that terrorist are a real threat to our country.
I like the fact that people will watch a film base on real terrorism. Many don't remember 911, because they were too young to remember.
It's not something that should be forgotten.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I liked the idea that they tried to keep it as factual as possible and it wasn't your typical Hollywood version

take Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor for example

Seemed like they were very respectful to the victims , even portraying some of the real life victims in the film ,

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched Logan today. I'd give it an 8 of 10. Enjoyed the story and them bringing his story to a close even if they didn't explain his situation fully.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have the Exodus add-on for Kodi 17, and I've marathon watched about 20 movies last month.
I average them all out to be 7 out of 10.
The worst was Milfs vs Zombies (yes, that's a thing)
The best was Miss Sloane.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Magical Beasts and Where To Find Them

7/10

I actually did like the film

but...........

I was a little underwhelmed , and I'll admit , it left me a bit confused at the end , this is suppose to be the first of five films , but it felt very much like a stand alone film , now that might be because it sounds like JK Rowling is writing them as they go , and when they filmed this film this one , they might not have even known where it was going

Having just read about the upcoming sequel , sounds like their not even sure if the 4 main characters in this film will even be the main characters in the next films or not

I found the four main characters likeable , but kind of generic , considering the catastrophic events that were going on around , no sense of emergency what so ever

Then there was Colin Farrell , never been a fan

Again , I liked the film and now curious to see where it goes from here , and I do hope hope the four main characters have a main part in it , but I thought I heard JK Rowlings say that the five films take place over a 19 year time span , so we'll see

I think my favorite part of the movie was the look of 1920's New York

Honest Trailer's are the best.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Watched a new On Demand movie over the weekend called Lion. Best movie I've seen in a very long time.

Warning... you will cry more than once.

It's a true story. Just amazing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched Terminator: Genysis

Gotta be honest if not for the mother of dragons I probably would have fallen asleep about 15 minutes in. She gets it a 3/10.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Watched a new On Demand movie over the weekend called Lion. Best movie I've seen in a very long time.

Warning... you will cry more than once.

It's a true story. Just amazing.

Absolutely incredible film.
The best I've I've seen in a while.
Highly recommend it as well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

sorry, i actually fell asleep during lion. not a movie to watch after 11pm. will give it a try earlier in the day.

captain america - civil war - 2/10

what a painful, tedious movie. horrible. the only reason i gave it a 2 were for the parts spiderman and antman were involved, even though they had absolutely nothing to do with all the other crap in the movie. they at least provided some laughs. the whole concept of this movie was ridiculous.

batman vs superman - 1/10

and i thought civilwar was tedious. this may be the worst of all time. could they have found a more irritating, weeny actor to play lex luthor? this guy is supposed to be an evil genius, not some irritating kid who thinks he's the riddler.

i am officially done with super hero movies. done.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

after watching split a few weeks ago, which was ok 6/10, i put in the dvd of unbreakable last weekend so my wife could understand the ending a little better.

unbreakable - 10/10

now this is my kind of movie. even though there's not much action the movie holds your interest throughout trying to work out where it's going. loved the build up, loved the ending, loved the soundtrack, loved everything about this movie.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unlike Kurtfaulk, I liked Captain America Civil War. But I have to rate it in its own genre of Superhero based movies. I don't watch Superhero movies expecting a fascinating storyline. I watch them to see my childhood heroes and their stories come to lif. I'd give it a 7/10

New characters are always exciting. New combinations are too. Keep'em coming.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bateman vs Superman on the other hand was not as interesting to me but that is probably because I have never liked the Batman/Bruce Wayne story and ditto for Superman. DC was always a notch below Marvel for me. I give it a 4/10

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Finally have a "grown up" movie to rate. Lol

The Big Short- Fantastic movie and a great way to explain the complicated nature of the financial crisis. Love the depiction of the 2 mortgage brokers

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've been real disappointed in DC comics-based movies of late.

Most recent was Suicide Squad, which was a tough watch for me even for a superhero movie. Batman vs Superman before that. Man of Steel. Just not good movies. Green Lantern, who was one of my favorite characters as a kid, even that they screwed up. All of them were a 4 or below IMO on a scale of 1-10.

If it wasn't for Batman and V for Vendetta they'd be in the $hitter all the way around in my view. I'm not going to be watching most of their releases that are on the way, either. Coming out this summer is Wonder Woman which I am sure is going to suck badly. Justice League due this fall, gonna wait for that one to be released for TV. After that Aquaman and Shazam... All I can say is lol no.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get Out....
Saw this because it showed a 98% rating.
It was dreadful.

Thanks for the tip. It seems Hollywood has no idea how to make a good horror movie anymore.

Speaking of which.

Evil Dead - 1/10

I'm sure everyone has seen the original the evil dead and loved it. Nobody should see the remake. I knew i was in trouble from the opening scene. No atmosphere at all throughout the movie. Absolutely awful.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the tip. It seems Hollywood has no idea how to make a good horror movie anymore.

Speaking of which.

Evil Dead - 1/10

I'm sure everyone has seen the original the evil dead and loved it. Nobody should see the remake. I knew i was in trouble from the opening scene. No atmosphere at all throughout the movie. Absolutely awful.

Evil Dead was terrible, it suffers from what ails most remakes/reboots/sequels: take an already existing IP, make it visually appealing, amp up the gore/etc., miss the feeling of the original.

Hollywood as a whole has definitely been lacking in the horror department for some time, but that's only because there is such a high volume of garbage and poorly done remakes/sequels. There are some really good films to come out that don't get the same publicity or as wide of a release. It Follows, Don't Breathe, I am Not a Serial Killer, and The Witch were all good. There are a few others, but I haven't seen them yet. I liked Get Out, I thought it was a strong film with an idea, but it is definitely not for everyone.