LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I watched inglorious basterds again last night.
There is no movie that creates as much uncomfortable suspense as that one.
Tarantino is a genius.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rogue One:

9/10

It was awesome, a lot of fun.. I think the character writing could have been a little stronger, because I didn't really connect with any of them, but it didn't take away from the movie at all. The ending was worth the price of admission alone.
Totally agree, really liked this movie start to finish and everything about it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Theory of Everything

The movie about Stephen Hawking

A pretty good movie , although a little bit of a downer

The movie is based off of the book Stephen Hawking's ex wife wrote , so it's more of a love story and only glances over Hawking's scientific accomplishments

Having seen an interview with Jane Hawking and a statement from Stephen , this movie sounds pretty accurate

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Suicide Squad

3/10

I haven't liked a DC movie since the days of Christopher Nolan's trilogy. This may be the worst one. For a so-called "action" film it was particularly dull. The supernatural villain was comical in an unintended way but never particularly thrilling and Jared Leto's Joker was a disaster. He had no depth to that character at all. The members of the "team" were more annoying than interesting. And other than Harley Quinn and Deadshot , they had very thin backstories.

The highlight--if you can call anything in the film a highlight--was Margot Robbie's performance as Harley Quinn. I thought she got that character right. And she's sexy as hell so she gets points for that too.

The plot was beyond ridiculous. This "Dirty Dozen" just didn't work.

No fun. Not even close to the fun that was "Deadpool".

The Jungle Book

9/10

This may be the best film I saw all year.

The special effects are some of the best I've ever seen. I saw the animated version of this film when I was probably five or six years old and LOVED it. So I was familiar with the basic story but I couldn't remember much of it because I hadn't seen the film in years. I'm not sure if it matches up completely but there were certainly familiar scenes and a few songs.

I loved the casting; Bill Murray as Baloo the bear and Ben Kingsley as Bagheera and Idris Elba as Shere Khan(one of the best film villains in years). The film is exciting and fun and includes some of the songs that made the original great.

My very minor complaint was that the kid playing Mogli was okay--just okay-- but he was certainly overshadowed by his co-stars in this one. Speaking of that: CHRISTOPHER WALKEN as King Louie!!!!

Anyway--this film isn't just for kids. It's a great story and very well made.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mechanic, resurrection (Jason Statham)

I fell asleep during this rental. Not a good sign.

5/10

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mechanic, resurrection (Jason Statham)

I fell asleep during this rental. Not a good sign.

5/10
That the one with Alba in it? If so I saw it and yeah it's like a cookie cutter movie for him for the most part. All action with a hot actress but the action was meh in this one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That the one with Alba in it? If so I saw it and yeah it's like a cookie cutter movie for him for the most part. All action with a hot actress but the action was meh in this one.

Yep. That's the one.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Arrival....

Really well done. Avoided most of the alien arrival movie clichés. Movie is must more about human nature, mistrust and language. Really enjoyed it.

Brilliant film.

I was surprised to see the aliens so quickly. Just assumed they'd leave that until towards the end for suspense etc. The biggest thing for me was not the aliens but

*****spoiler alert*****

her decision to go ahead and have her daughter even though she knew what was going to happen. That was heartbreaking especially as I have two girls myself.

fearsomefour

Legend
Brilliant film.

I was surprised to see the aliens so quickly. Just assumed they'd leave that until towards the end for suspense etc. The biggest thing for me was not the aliens but

*****spoiler alert*****

her decision to go ahead and have her daughter even though she knew what was going to happen. That was heartbreaking especially as I have two girls myself.
Yeah, I hear ya.
Tough one for sure. I couldn't decide if it was selfish or not.
Also, I love the concept of the circular language. The absence of the concept of linear time really messing with how communication works.
It has always been an irritant to me that when people talk about life other places we limit it to what we know. Look for planets that would support this (our) life.
It was not all that long ago that the idea of micro organizisms would have been laughed at.....or branded witchcraft.
Really good movie. My fav of the last year, along with The Witch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's become like Steven Segal 2.0
Lol

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
8/10. It was bit different than the other Star Wars movies, but I recommend seeing it. I'm actually going to go see it again tonight.

fearsomefour

Legend
I watched inglorious basterds again last night.
There is no movie that creates as much uncomfortable suspense as that one.
Tarantino is a genius.
That scene where the Nazi "Jew hunter" is in the farmers house drinking his cows milk, knowing the farmer is lying about hiding Jews. Just amazing. Don't know if movie making gets much better than that.
Evil, true evil, often presents itself as protrayed by the Nazi officer in that scene. Charming and with a smile.

fearsomefour

Legend
Office Christmas Party.
Just terrible. Horrifically bad.
Note to Hollywood.....offensive and cursing does not always equal funny.
To quote Alice Cooper, "If everything is red, then nothing is red."
Terrible movie.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Rogue One

8/10

I don't think I'm giving anything away in saying that this film is a "connection" story. It connects events between Star Wars 3 and Star Wars 4. It fills in a gap. We all know that Leia gives the DeathStar plans to R2-D2 before Darth Vader can get them. But how did the rebels get those plans? What was their story?

This is it.

And it's a good story with some fun characters.

It answers some questions in the Star wars universe--including one of the bigger ones that I hadn't even thought about before: why was the DeathStar so vulnerable? This film has the answer.

The film accomplishes everything it needs to and is entertaining along the way.

If you love the Star Wars universe, you'll love this.

Oh--and yes----Darth Vader. It has one of his most badass scenes ever.

See it on the big screen if you can.

Gentlemen Broncos:

7/10

No--it isn't the John Elway story.

I saw this goofy little film on HBO and let me say right at the start: you'll either love it or hate it.

It is a sort of Coen Brothers type of film--fully fueled by it's quirky characters.

This film gets something like 19 percent on Rotten Tomatoes for being somewhat pointless. But--that is the point.

The characters were perfectly cast and it was an enjoyable hour and a half. Not for everyone for sure.

But I laughed. I liked it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gentlemen Broncos:

7/10

No--it isn't the John Elway story.

I saw this goofy little film on HBO and let me say right at the start: you'll either love it or hate it.
Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna watch that one because the trailer is in my wheelhouse. It has a Napolean Dynamite/Best of Show vibe to it and I do enjoy overly exaggerated character personalities on screen. I don't have HBO, but that's never been a problem. KODI takes care of that fairly well.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Saw Passengers over the Christmas break.

While Jennifer Lawrence is incredible (and I particularly enjoyed her swimming costume), its a chick flick disguised as a sci fi film. I felt badly mis-led although my wife loved it (obviously).

Also watched Spotlight recently. Based on a true story, its about the Boston Globe investigative journalists looking into allegations of historic child abuse by local catholic priests and whether the Cardinal was aware and swept it under the carpet.

Brilliant film and Mark Ruffalo, in particular, is excellent. One line at the end underlined the futility of it all: after the story broke in the Globe, the Cardinal was simply moved by the church to a senior role in the Vatican rather than being held responsible in any way, shape or form. This 'reallocation' of priests who were abusing children was a running theme throughout the film and made my p1ss boil I was so angry.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
New Saw Passengers over the Christmas break.

While Jennifer Lawrence is incredible (and I particularly enjoyed her swimming costume), its a chick flick disguised as a sci fi film. I felt badly mis-led although my wife loved it (obviously).

I heard this was a good movie. Then again, I hang around a bunch of girly men on ROD. :sneaky: