LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
put alot Three Films

James Bond Spectre
5/10

Now I've liked the last three Daniel Craig James Bond movies , but this was by far the most boring of the four , it could also be one the most boring movies I've ever sat through , which actually took me like four separate nights to make it through it , it started off with a really stupid helicopter chase , followed by a really stupid car chase , followed by a airplane chasing some cars chase , there might have been a little dialogue in between , and probably a couple explosions , I really don't remember , oh yea , there might have been a boat chase in there to

Victor Frankenstein
5/10

A movie staring Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy , when the first short teaser trailer came out I got excited , it actually looked like a horror movie of old , and then............................the second full length trailer came out and now all of a sudden it looked like a buddie movie with humor , o_O , so now this film went from a must see in the theatre to a wait till it comes out on DVD and rent it , and then now after wacthing it , it wasn't even worth that , such a disappointment

The Peanuts Movie
8/10

By far the best of the three , having grown up with Charlie Brown and gang , me , along with probably most everyone else figured for sure they'd screw this film up , but nope , they did a really great job keeping the charm , and innocence that is Charlie Brown , with a lot of todays animated films , most of them have humor that is actually directed to adults , which is great , because there are a lot of great and funny animated films out there , but this one doesn't really have that kind humor that is directed more towards adults , , this is simpler and more innocent , which is just perfect , but don't get me wrong , there are some pretty funny stuff in there , some of the stuff Snoopy did had me laughing out loud , now there really isn't nothing new in this film , if you've watch the classic Charlie Brown Specials from the 1970's , you've seen most of this movie , Charlie Brown has a crush on the Red Haired girl , Snoopy has a grudge with the Red Baron , but it's just done so well , you can tell the people who made this movie put a lot of care into it to get it right

An Underdog , And His Dog

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

BEN-HUR 10/10

has there ever been a greater movie made than this treasure? when i was a kid we would always see bits and pieces of this movie every time easter rolled around. the chariot race is one of the grandest things you will ever see and the fact they pulled it off in 1959 makes it even more memorable. i never really sat down and watched the whole movie until i was in my 30s. what an experience. it's a three and a half journey into movie heaven. i need to watch it every few years to refresh my love for this masterpiece.

my favourite scenes in this movie have to be when ben hur interacts with jesus. firstly when ben hur is being marched through the desert after being sent to the gallows. they stop in nazareth and after the roman soldier refuses to allow anyone to offer ben hur any water jesus steps forward and gives him some water as he lies on the ground in desolute misery. ben hur looks up to him with a sense of gratitude and awe. later in the movie when jesus is lugging the cross through the city he passes ben hur. he realises this is the man that helped him when he himself was in the same situation. he follows him and when jesus falls to the ground ben hur gets a bowl of water and kneels down to hand it to him. when jesus touches his hand and looks up at him, ooh, it brings a tear to the eyes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

BEN-HUR 10/10

has there ever been a greater movie made than this treasure? when i was a kid we would always see bits and pieces of this movie every time easter rolled around. the chariot race is one of the grandest things you will ever see and the fact they pulled it off in 1959 makes it even more memorable. i never really sat down and watched the whole movie until i was in my 30s. what an experience. it's a three and a half journey into movie heaven. i need to watch it every few years to refresh my love for this masterpiece.

my favourite scenes in this movie have to be when ben hur interacts with jesus. firstly when ben hur is being marched through the desert after being sent to the gallows. they stop in nazareth and after the roman soldier refuses to allow anyone to offer ben hur any water jesus steps forward and gives him some water as he lies on the ground in desolute misery. ben hur looks up to him with a sense of gratitude and awe. later in the movie when jesus is lugging the cross through the city he passes ben hur. he realises this is the man that helped him when he himself was in the same situation. he follows him and when jesus falls to the ground ben hur gets a bowl of water and kneels down to hand it to him. when jesus touches his hand and looks up at him, ooh, it brings a tear to the eyes.

Totally unrealistic movie.
They didn't have scooters in 12 BC.

Ben-Hur-Vespa-002.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Deadpool - 9.5/10

Laughed so hard I must have missed 1/4 of the thing.

Neck and neck w Dark Knight for best superhero movie.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Revenant. 8.9/10
Good Acting, good plot line. Enjoyable couple hours. Well edited.
Even though it was mostly filmed outside Calgary the terrain is the same as where I used to hunt in Montana. It's breathtaking. So that gets bonus points from me.
It also should be a warning for all not to freak with no bears. I don't know how many of you have ever got the thrill of a grizzly walking 50 feet from you out in the wild. The rush is unbelievable., such a majestically powerful animal. And it's why the guides constantly warn not to step out of camp without a very high powered rifle.

Deadpool 9.9/10
To me I don't see how a movie could be more entertaining. Amazing.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Batman vs. Superman. 8/10.

I don't get the negative reviews...I just don't. And from the number of people seeing the movie, it seems to be mostly just movie critics that don't like it.

The critics find issues with the storyline, but I didn't. They had issues with some of the acting...I didn't.

I had low expectations for Affleck as Batman, but he did very well IMO. I also liked their older/darker take on the character.

I liked Jessie Eisenburg as Lex Luthor....most of the negative commentary seemed to center around this character though.

Overall I absolutely loved the movie.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Dawn Of The Dead 2004

6/10

Ok movie. Couldn't handle the stupidity of all the characters in the movie. Plus not one of them was likable. Didn't really care what happened to any of them. Watchable but not memorable.

Unfriended

1/10

Please shoot me now. I feel sorry for the people that paid to watch this at theatres. Mind numbing movie of looking at a computer screen the whole way, looking at typing for half of it. And please, if teenagers are really like this nowadays the earth needs to be nuked into oblivion.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Gran Torino

9/10

Wonderful movie. Clint carries it the whole way and loved how the story unfolded. Now here is a movie which made you care about the characters and enjoy the journey Clint took from grumpy old man to slightly less grumpy more tolerant old man. And the mix of comedy and drama is well handled. Recommended to everyone.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Gran Torino

9/10

Wonderful movie. Clint carries it the whole way and loved how the story unfolded. Now here is a movie which made you care about the characters and enjoy the journey Clint took from grumpy old man to slightly less grumpy more tolerant old man. And the mix of comedy and drama is well handled. Recommended to everyone.

You said it better than I could've. If you can deal with a bit (OK, a lot) of political incorrectness, I second the recommendation.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just watched Hail, Caesar! the other night. For a Coen Brothers move, I expected more I guess. It starts off like you're supposed to know what's going on, but you have no clue. And then once you get your bearings, you figure it's building toward something great. But nothing of consequence ever happens. Just a weird movie with goofy characters revolving around one guy (Josh Brolin). It has an all-star cast (kinda), but I just didn't get it. And when it ended, I was disappointed and to be honest ... kind of relieved.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The 5th wave: 3/10

Bad acting and writing killed this movie. Though probably had more to do with the writing and actors going off that. Had to power my way through it. Don't watch.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Batman vs. Superman. 8/10.

I don't get the negative reviews...I just don't. And from the number of people seeing the movie, it seems to be mostly just movie critics that don't like it.

The critics find issues with the storyline, but I didn't. They had issues with some of the acting...I didn't.

I had low expectations for Affleck as Batman, but he did very well IMO. I also liked their older/darker take on the character.

I liked Jessie Eisenburg as Lex Luthor....most of the negative commentary seemed to center around this character though.

Overall I absolutely loved the movie.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the film. I really really wanted to like it too, but ultimately it was at best, a 6/10 for me.
I liked Man of Steel despite it's shortcomings. But this movie was just way too convoluted and almost seemed like they rushed into forming the Justice League to catch up with Marvel and their shared Universe films.

Superman is just way too sad and melancholy in the movie. Lois Lane gets way too much screen time. Lex Luthor starts off OK, then turns into some babbling fool 3/4 into the flick. His final scene is flat out embarrassing and silly when I'm sure it was supposed to be ominous and tense. Affleck was great as Batman, and I think Wonder Woman was good, even though she was a bit shoehorned in.

Before the movie even opened, I showed my Dad the trailer and the first thing he asks me when he sees that the 2 superheroes are fighting is "WHY?"

With Marvel's Civil War we have seen the characters grow and interact and take steps and make decisions that could ultimately lead up to them butting heads. In BvS we have to take gigantic leaps to get from A-Z all in 2 and a half hours. SO when the 2 heroes are pummeling the shit out of each other, it's nothing but spectacle, no one really gives a shit who wins or how they got to this point. Ugh.... they dropped the ball and had SOOO much material to pull from. And THIS is what they came up with? yikes.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad that you enjoyed the film. I really really wanted to like it too, but ultimately it was at best, a 6/10 for me.
I liked Man of Steel despite it's shortcomings. But this movie was just way too convoluted and almost seemed like they rushed into forming the Justice League to catch up with Marvel and their shared Universe films.

Superman is just way too sad and melancholy in the movie. Lois Lane gets way too much screen time. Lex Luthor starts off OK, then turns into some babbling fool 3/4 into the flick. His final scene is flat out embarrassing and silly when I'm sure it was supposed to be ominous and tense. Affleck was great as Batman, and I think Wonder Woman was good, even though she was a bit shoehorned in.

Before the movie even opened, I showed my Dad the trailer and the first thing he asks me when he sees that the 2 superheroes are fighting is "WHY?"

With Marvel's Civil War we have seen the characters grow and interact and take steps and make decisions that could ultimately lead up to them butting heads. In BvS we have to take gigantic leaps to get from A-Z all in 2 and a half hours. SO when the 2 heroes are pummeling the crap out of each other, it's nothing but spectacle, no one really gives a crap who wins or how they got to this point. Ugh.... they dropped the ball and had SOOO much material to pull from. And THIS is what they came up with? yikes.

Well, what you just wrote is why most people seemed to not like it.

For me, the first half hour was crucial in outlining why they would be fighting - neither liked the others way of handling business. For Batman, he literally wanted to kill Superman for a good reason IMO. Superman never really wanted to kill Batman, just stop him from his way of vigilantism, which was in this movie drastically different from Superman's way.

You had to fill in some gaps for sure in this movie - seems like they counted on you interpreting why Superman was melancholy and just how badly Batman wanted Superman dead. Also had to kind of rely on some things we know about these characters from previous history....there wasn't much time spent on identifying just why Lex Luthor wanted to kill Superman, although he did mention in the movie that he basically didn't like that Superman was a God amongst men. You kind of had to pull from the knowledge that Lex Luthor has always been Superman's enemy.

Amy Adams did get a lot of screen time, but she was also essential to the plot. Without her character, Superman would seem less human IMO.

After having heard the critics reviews, it made me want to like the movie. But I ended up loving it anyway. Affleck was superb, but I just loved this older/darker Batman in general. Wonder Woman, as you said, was awesome. I felt like she was scattered into the movie just enough for us to look forward to her own movie.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Forest. 4/10. A topic (the Aokigahara forest Japan) that just screams for a great horror film to be made about. This one misses the mark.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jungle Book! 7/10!

The CGI/mo-cap is awesome, the story is predictable but entertaining nonetheless. Shere Khan is a bad ass (Idris Elba did a great job with him). But my favorite character in this story (Bagheera the Panther) has lots of screen time and is done well by Ben Kingsley. Not perfect at all, but a nice movie to escape in.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Draft Day (Finally saw this!)

6/10

I love football so this one scores points just for that. It was worth a watch... But not very realistic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"The Boy" - Pretty trippy ending. Thought it would suck, but the story developed nicely. 7/10
"Clown" - Just awful acting. Could have been a good movie with better casting. 5/10
"Deadpool" - Awesomesauce. Ryan Reynolds was the perfect guy for this role. Excellent banter. 9/10

fearsomefour

Legend
Draft Day (Finally saw this!)

6/10

I love football so this one scores points just for that. It was worth a watch... But not very realistic.
Yeah, didn't care for this movie at all.
A GM who has some "revelation" about a first round QB....like he can't deal with pressure. Pretty lame. Although it is the Browns so maybe it is realistic.

fearsomefour

Legend
Criminal....
3/10.
Dumb with holes all over the story.
This is when a movie tries to be an action/spy kind of story but really doesn't have story. So, defaults to the computer hacker geniuses who can hack into anything....like a drugstore private security system in a matter of seconds.
Costner trying to do the old man action star thing like Liam Neeson....even uses his gruff whisper voice.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, didn't care for this movie at all.
A GM who has some "revelation" about a first round QB....like he can't deal with pressure. Pretty lame. Although it is the Browns so maybe it is realistic.

Complete with token father/son struggle and love story plots. Only good thing about the movie was they made the shitchicken team look like complete assholes.