LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw Mad Max last night. Fucking insane. Probably the best pure "action" movie I've seen in recent years. You guys need to go see this one in theaters while you can, or you'll regret it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Saw Mad Max last night. freaking insane. Probably the best pure "action" movie I've seen in recent years. You guys need to go see this one in theaters while you can, or you'll regret it.
It's already out of the theatres close by me. But I was able to get a nice 1080p copy so will be watching it tomorrow night.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It's already out of the theatres close by me. But I was able to get a nice 1080p copy so will be watching it tomorrow night.

Break the knob off the surround sound before you hit play. Then put on your seat belt.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Break the knob off the surround sound before you hit play. Then put on your seat belt.
Will have to watch tomorrow night since have to get up at 3 tomorrow cause working yesterday another Saturday, but luckily wife and mother in law and her kids who are visiting will be at my dad's since my apartment got flooded by a busted water main and got 8 loud ass fans blowing in here. Will turn them off for a couple hours to watch lol. I'm staying here with the animals.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
saw Mad Max and Jurassic World. both were freakin awesome

also saw Ex Machina a couple weeks ago that was pretty wild

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Night of the Comet

8/10

Finally , after 30 years , I finally got the chance to rewatch this movie , it stars Catherine Mary Stewart , back in the 1980's , she was in good number of movies , probably most notably were The Last Star Fighter and Weekend At Bernies , among others

Now the thing is, Catherine Mary Stewart always reminded me of my wife back then , not an exact duplicate , but their looks were pretty similar , they did have the same build , same hair , the same mannerisms , same clothes , although all girls in the 80's dressed the same

I started dating my wife back in High School , and then after High School , I joined the Navy and my wife ( to be ) went to college , and I remember right after boot camp I got transferred to Memphis Tennessee for A School , and on that Navy base , they had a movie theatre where you could go see movies for like a buck , and so when I was there one of the movies that was playing was Night Of The Comet staring Catherine Mary Stewart , I went and saw that movie like three or four times , it was just a very low budget Sci-fi / horror film of the 80's , but again , it stared Catherine Mary Stewart who reminded me a lot of my wife

Well , years went by , and I had mentioned that movie a number of times to my wife , who had never seen it , for a while I used to look for it on VHS and later DVD , but never found it , always figured that movie had just fade away into obscurity , and had pretty much just forgotten about it , until a couple weeks ago I saw a ad for The Last Star Fighter on Amazon , which reminded me of Catherine Mary Stewart , so I looked on Amazon just to see if by chance they had Night of the Comet on DVD , and by golly there it was , even on Blu-ray , so I ordered it , and last night after 30 years , I finally got to watch Night of the Comet again , and my wife got to watch it for the first time , (y) , she had never seen it before

I gave the movie a 8/10 , but part of that score is for nostalgia , although , it actually wasn't all that bad considering the low budget

oh yea , and the blonde was pretty hot as well , ;)

1984-Catherine-Mary-Stewart-300x300.jpg

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"Chappie" Not funny, not exciting, not original, not intense, not even that interesting.
5.5/10

After Blomkamp's excellent "District 9" in 2009, his followup films are slipping IMO. I thought "Elysium" was decent, but "Chappie" just sucked and didn't work. He's been linked to the next "Alien" project so it's not like there's any pressure there.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ted2 Saturday night... exactly what I expected... I was not let down... just something funny to me about a foul mouthed, NewEngland accented teddy bear.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ted2 Saturday night... exactly what I expected... I was not let down... just something funny to me about a foul mouthed, NewEngland accented teddy bear.

Yes! I also saw this Saturday night and LOVED it. Some people hate that kind of stuff....if you know what it is going into it, I don't know how you could dislike it. I think I liked it a bit better than the first one.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
World War X. Have been temptes to watch it on Netflix but just never did.
7/10. I love Zombie movies and it did not disappoint. But they made Brad Pitt basically invisible and it was unrealistic. Also liked the way they portrayed the zombies.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
"Chappie" Not funny, not exciting, not original, not intense, not even that interesting.
5.5/10

After Blomkamp's excellent "District 9" in 2009, his followup films are slipping IMO. I thought "Elysium" was decent, but "Chappie" just sucked and didn't work. He's been linked to the next "Alien" project so it's not like there's any pressure there.

Agree - was disappointed, but loved the Ninja character.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Moon (2009) 8.5/10
Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is working on the moon harvesting clean energy from the dark side of the moon. He gets a few messages from his beautiful wife but the satellite is down so he can't Skype her. His only companion is a robot voiced by Kevin Spacey. It's a pretty cool movie and definitely not a remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I definitely enjoyed it but that may be because I'm a fan of Sam Rockwell and have been since 1989 when he told the police where the Foot's headquarters are in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Watched American Sniper over the weekend. Have to say I was disappointed. It just didn't live up to the hype for me. It was ok but that's about it.

Also, surely you can't just stop in the middle of a war zone and call the mrs?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Watched American Sniper over the weekend. Have to say I was disappointed. It just didn't live up to the hype for me. It was ok but that's about it.

Also, surely you can't just stop in the middle of a war zone and call the mrs?
I haven't even seen it yet, but it lost any credibility with me knowing they used an obviously fake baby.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I haven't even seen it yet, but it lost any credibility with me knowing they used an obviously fake baby.

Oh god yeah I forgot about that part. That was really badly done.