LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Watched Dawn of the Apes over the weekend and it was freaking awesome. the best one of the series so far I think.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't watch "The Babadook."
That movie, despite the good reviews, was boring as all hell.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nightcrawler.

Watch the shit out of this movie. Man was it good.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays a sociopath brilliantly, and the character development is off the charts.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't watch "The Babadook."
That movie, despite the good reviews, was boring as all hell.
thanks for saving me 2 hours. i was debating watching it after said reviews on IMDB .
a couple of average movies if you're finding yourself without any thing to do OR the motivation to do anything

The Taking of Deb Logan 6 /10 just like blair witch (1) , insidious / paranormal activity . only difference is that i had empathy towards the main character (Jill Larson as Deb Logan), whereas i was rooting for the apparitions, etc in those other movies. this movie has some very creepy/cringe worthy parts in it. you've been warned.
Housebound 6.5 / 10 somewhat entertaining movie from new zealand i believe. girl is sentenced to 8 month house arrest with a mother she dislikes (and didnt live with). starts slow and then gets going with a few plot twists to keep the interest in seeing how it ends .

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I watched "Fury" last night too. The WW2 movie starring Brad Pitt.

I don't even know what to think about it. The story was kind of rushed and poorly developed, and the character development was for shit, but when people get their legs and heads blown off by tank artillery, then I guess you forget about that stuff for a few minutes. It's your typical story of a group of guys who defy odds, receive incredible luck along the way, and then...

Everyone ends up dying except for one guy.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Saw "Horrible Bosses 2". It was pretty good. There is good chemistry between the actors. The "shower"scene at the beginning is comedy gold.

Also...Jennifer Aniston.

Wow.

Funny film.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
rory o'shea was here. 7.5 / 10 . movie about two wheelchair bound guys (one with MD, one with CP) and their struggle to gain a little bit of freedom and personal independence from their diseases. suppose to have been based on a true story. james mcavoy / steven robertson both play very good roles as the handi-abled men. good humor mixed in with the story to help keep from getting too depressed about their situation.

fearsomefour

Legend
I watched "Fury" last night too. The WW2 movie starring Brad Pitt.

I don't even know what to think about it. The story was kind of rushed and poorly developed, and the character development was for crap, but when people get their legs and heads blown off by tank artillery, then I guess you forget about that stuff for a few minutes. It's your typical story of a group of guys who defy odds, receive incredible luck along the way, and then...

Everyone ends up dying except for one guy.
I really wanted to like this movie but did not. I agree about the character development. It is sort of a crutch in my opinion when they want characters to seem "gritty" they give them over the top southern/hick accents.
Anyway, the idea that the German field Commodes were just sending in waves of guys to get gunned down was just plain stupid in my opinion. I gave it like 5/10 and that is based just on how the battle scenes were filmed, which was good. It also seemed odd the only piece of compassion displayed in the movie was from a SS soldier.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rich Hill.

Documentary. I really enjoyed it. Thought it was very well done and unlike a lot of movies about poverty it avoided getting preachy or political. I recommend it. I love a good doc.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just watched Gone Girl.

What a mind fuck.
I recommend it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It also seemed odd the only piece of compassion displayed in the movie was from a SS soldier.
Right? WTF was that? Dude just watched like a hundred of his buddies get mowed down, and he figures, "Meh. He seems like a good guy and I'm pretty cool, so...."

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Nightcrawler.

Watch the crap out of this movie. Man was it good.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays a sociopath brilliantly, and the character development is off the charts.

The trailer reminds me of American Psycho, a film I do like, but because it does, I'm not interested in seeing it. Am I being unfair?

fearsomefour

Legend
Right? WTF was that? Dude just watched like a hundred of his buddies get mowed down, and he figures, "Meh. He seems like a good guy and I'm pretty cool, so...."
It just seemed a very unrealistic and strange choice. So, the American soldiers were drunken rapists (in the French town) and the SS soldier was a nice guy. Of course in that kind of reality there are horrific and kind things done on all sides, just, I don't know what they were trying to say with that little scene.
I agree that it really seemed to be a flimsy story built around action sequences, which is ok, but, the story should have some historic relevance if it is set in real life events. German high command was full of political appointees but German field Commodes generally were very good. The idea of just sending waves of men running blindly in to get gunned down by a guy....at times standing exposed on the back of a tank....is just silly. An tired 11 year old would come up with a better approach than that. But, whatever, the action scenes were shot well I thought.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The trailer reminds me of American Psycho, a film I do like, but because it does, I'm not interested in seeing it. Am I being unfair?
I saw that too. This one is different, and IMO, better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It just seemed a very unrealistic and strange choice. So, the American soldiers were drunken rapists (in the French town) and the SS soldier was a nice guy. Of course in that kind of reality there are horrific and kind things done on all sides, just, I don't know what they were trying to say with that little scene.
I agree that it really seemed to be a flimsy story built around action sequences, which is ok, but, the story should have some historic relevance if it is set in real life events. German high command was full of political appointees but German field Commodes generally were very good. The idea of just sending waves of men running blindly in to get gunned down by a guy....at times standing exposed on the back of a tank....is just silly. An tired 11 year old would come up with a better approach than that. But, whatever, the action scenes were shot well I thought.
Yeah, there was a lot about that movie that I didn't like. I seemed like the writers just sat around and came up with individual ideas that they would incorporate into the script whether it had symmetry or not. And like you said, whether it made sense or not. But since every once in a while it had a cringe-worthy moment, they figured nobody would notice anything else. I will say that tank battle with the Panzer was pretty cool though.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Thanks to Netflix, I watched Hunger Games: Catching Fire without ever having seen the first one or read the books. I *think* I understood what was going on, and it was pretty good regardless of that.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, there was a lot about that movie that I didn't like. I seemed like the writers just sat around and came up with individual ideas that they would incorporate into the script whether it had symmetry or not. And like you said, whether it made sense or not. But since every once in a while it had a cringe-worthy moment, they figured nobody would notice anything else. I will say that tank battle with the Panzer was pretty cool though.
Yeah, that was pretty cool. It did have moments.
Lack of symmetry. That is the perfect way of putting it.
I have always liked movies (who doesn't?) but, I have a cousin who is a screen writer. Having spent some time with him over the last couple of holidays and talking about things like character development ect., it really changed how I watch movies. It really is about the writing first and foremost, or should be.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks to Netflix, I watched Hunger Games: Catching Fire without ever having seen the first one or read the books. I *think* I understood what was going on, and it was pretty good regardless of that.
Anarchist.

Watching movies out of turn like that. What's wrong with you?