Rashaan Salaam found dead.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/heisman-winner-salaam-found-dead-colorado-park-203822872--spt.html

Heisman winner Salaam found dead in Colorado park
Associated Press8 minutes ago

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — Authorities say 1994 Heisman winner Rashaan Salaam has been found dead in a Colorado park.

The Boulder County coroner's office said Tuesday that it was still investigating the cause of the death of the 42-year-old Salaam.

The body of the one-time running back was found Monday at Eben G. Fine Park in Boulder.

Salaam led Colorado to one of its best seasons in 1994, when the Buffaloes went 11-1.

He had a terrific rookie season with the Chicago Bears in 1995, rushing for 1,074 yards and 10 touchdowns.

But he only scored three times in the next two years and he played his last game in 1999 with the Cleveland Browns.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woops, misspelled his name in title and don't think it'll let me edit.

But RIP.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Local boy from here in San Diego, went to La Jolla Country Day High School which is a real fancy private school. Died in a park? Hope it wasn't drug related. Awful young, RIP.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Other news outlets are reporting that it's a suicide because there was apparently a note. In any case, it's sad to see someone die so young.

Rest in peace, Rashaan Salaam.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wow...RIP

A guy out here a bunch of cats know that worked with Tupac died today too. Big Syke...RIP
Heart attack at 48....man...take care of yourselves young people...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/29/coroner-rashaan-salaams-death-ruled-suicide/

Coroner: Rashaan Salaam’s death ruled suicide
Posted by Darin Gantt on December 29, 2016

Former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL running back Rashaan Salaam’s shooting death has been ruled a suicide, according to the Boulder County (Colorado) coroner’s office.

Via Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today, the report said Salaam “reportedly has a history of depression and recent life stressors,” and a blood-alcohol concentration of .250 at the time of his death. There was also evidence of THC (the intoxicating compound in marijuana) present in his bloodstream.

Salaam’s brother, Jabali Alaji, said Salaam suffered from memory loss, depression and vision problems. He also said a note which was found at the scene “was very short, . . . but it explained a lot.”

The former first-round pick spent four years in the NFL, with the Bears and Browns before injuries cut his career short.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/29/ex-nfl-safety-keion-carpenter-dies-at-39/

Ex-NFL safety Keion Carpenter dies at 39
Posted by Zac Jackson on December 29, 2016

56452225-e1482972894468.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL safety Keion Carpenter has died at 39 after being injured in a fall, his family confirmed.

Carpenter played for the Bills from 1999-2001 and for the Falcons from 2002-05. He started 61 of 83 career games and had 14 career interceptions.

He fractured two vertebrae in an on-field collision in 2003 and required spinal fusion surgery. He returned to play in the 2005 season before retiring in 2006.

In a statement released by the university, former Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer said Carpenter “was one of the rocks around which we built our program at Virginia Tech in the 1990s” and said Carpenter “had a heart of gold.”

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man, they should just call it, 2016: The Reaping.

Some idiot's gonna pull a "prank" about the Rapture around New Year's Eve and the way this year's gone, it's gonna really get someone or a whole bunch of someones...

Please, don't anyone be that idiot...

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Meeting my wife today after work to start preliminary discussions about divorce preparations for one I don't want. Lost my uncle this year as well due to cancer. So I can't wait for 2016 to go away. Was a horrible year for me.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meeting my wife today after work to start preliminary discussions about divorce preparations for one I don't want. Lost my uncle this year as well due to cancer. So I can't wait for 2016 to go away. Was a horrible year for me.
Sorry to hear that... hang in there!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Sorry man.
I've been there, it's a real bummer for sure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wonder whether he's gonna get his 100 virgins now... Too soon?