Ranking each NFL quarterback by accuracy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
It was and still is not about the passes Bradford throws he is accurate. It is a about the passes he doesn't throw he is conservative to a fault IMO.
He attacked quite a bit more this year....and threw more pics.....at least earlier in the year. But, attacked more down field.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, in their defense Foles did throw 25 TDs and 2 Ints in one season. That is remarkable. Even Fisher and Snead were thinking he could regain his form. It is called hope. And up until this past season Cousins wasn't a proven commodity either....and came nowhere near Foles production. I said above I would take Cousins but at the same time I wonder if he would play as good for Fisher as he does for Gruden. Having an offensive minded coach that is good with QBs is probably helping his development.
The weaknesses Foles displayed this year were on full display before the trade. The Eagles O helped protect him....which is smart I guess. Its why Chip is a good fit for Kaperdoodle....just not the running aspect of his O, but, the predetermined short passes. His O is sort of fading as teams figure out how to defend it.
I agree with Cousins. I was more bitching about the view that Foles was more than he was. I am not talking about stats. Cousins always displayed some things you want in a pocket passer. He had the benefit of sitting for a couple of years and that is no small thing.
Consistent throwing mechanics, ability to read, ability to move in the pocket (not roll out by default)....this is why the way to beat Newton is make him a passer, despite his insane arm talent.
His throwing mechanics change all the time. He has gotten by being a freak of an athlete but has never taken the time to get his feet consistent. It is why he misses wide open receivers some times. Take a guy with those existing weaknesses and give him to our coaches in a bad passing offense with limited help and....well, you get last year.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's interesting but I feel like the numbers are always a bit hollow without context and film review. But asking someone to do the film review to assess true accuracy for every QB in the NFL is unrealistic. I'd be most interested in seeing which guys throw balls in the strike-zone with the most consistency. IMO, that's what separates the wheat from the chaff.
There is the element of throwing into coverage as well....throwing the receiver open. Throwing to a different spot than a QB normally would because it gives the receiver a chance at making a catch. Also, the element of not hanging the receiver out to dry. Throwing into coverage putting the ball down low so the receiver doesn't get his head removed. These are things that good QBs do that show up as incompletions sometimes.