Rank’em; 2018 draft Quarterbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would not want to be drafting a QB this year. Several guys I like, but it’s a plate of scrambled eggs (Darnold feels safest to me).

So with the water that murky... I really struggle to rank this group and there is a high number projected to go in the 1st.

In what order do you put them?

Here’s mine;
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield
Josh Rosen
Josh Allen
Mason Rudolph
Lamar Jackson

Between Baker and the 2 Josh’s, I could slot those in any sequence 2-4 just by waffling and debating. But, pinned down... that’s my sequence.

I do not like Lamar Jackson, as a passer. I get the appeal and excitement about his potential, but he’s too risky for me.

Again; glad we don’t need a QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think 3 of them will end up being pretty good.
Josh Rosen will be the best imo
Baker Mayfield will have a solid career
Lamar Jackson will be an explosive player.

Rosen is the cream of the crop imo and the “knocks” on him are just over analysis and similar whispers Dan Marino had

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would not want to be drafting a QB this year. Several guys I like, but it’s a plate of scrambled eggs (Darnold feels safest to me).

So with the water that murky... I really struggle to rank this group and there is a high number projected to go in the 1st.

In what order do you put them?

Here’s mine;
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield
Josh Rosen
Josh Allen
Mason Rudolph
Lamar Jackson

Between Baker and the 2 Josh’s, I could slot those in any sequence 2-4 just by waffling and debating. But, pinned down... that’s my sequence.

I do not like Lamar Jackson, as a passer. I get the appeal and excitement about his potential, but he’s too risky for me.

Again; glad we don’t need a QB.
I would be willing to wager that all six of these QB's will be picked in the 1st round this year! Especially IF Darnold-Rosen and Allen go 1-2-3, like they could!! ... But I'm also betting The Giants well go "RB" at #2!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I've been paying no attention to QBs this year.
First time in forever the Rams have theirs.
There is some show with Dilfer breaking down the QBs. Dilfer.
Now, I wanted the Rams to draft Dilfer when he came out. He had all the physical measurements.
Ability to grow in his game?
Learning to read D?
Accuracy?
Touch?
I imagine Dilfer is going to talk about arm strength and mobility. Blah, blah.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mayfield is the best bet and it isn't close
Then I'd go with Rosen second. He is a streaky QB similar to Eli Manning
Lamar Jackson
Darnold , but I don't think he is a long term starter
Rudolph career backup
Allen, total bust

The rest of them? Potluck.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this is a smokescreen, at least if targeted as a QB.

#1 When does a rumor EVER leak out of New England?

#2 I think they are hoping someone else drops to them, that’s what this is about.

IMO

————

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rigued-with-lamar-jackson-after-top-30-visit/

Patriots reportedly 'impressed and intrigued' with Lamar Jackson after top-30 visit

After trading both Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garoppolo last season, the New England Patriots no longer have in place a natural successor to Tom Brady at quarterback. But with the Pats having acquired a second first-round pick in this week's NFL Draft by trading Brandin Cooks to the Rams, rumors have been flying that they may be in the market for a passer on Day 1, in order to ensure they have a succession plan in place.

Well, let's just say those rumors are not going to quiet down after this report from NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Rapoport notes that the Pats quietly had a top-30 visit with Louisville's Lamar Jackson two weeks ago, and that the organization came away "impressed and intrigued" by Jackson.

Jackson doesn't necessarily fit the mold of the quarterbacks the Patriots have selected in past years, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be the right fit for them. Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels are always trying to stay a step ahead of the latest offensive and defensive developments, and it's entirely possible they've identified Jackson's skill set (intermediate-to-deep passing/designed runs/mobility) as being what they need to build their post-Brady offense around.

Change the way you listen to NFL news, subscribe to the Pick Six Podcast with Will Brinson and you'll be the most informed fan at your NFL Draft party. Subscribe: via iTunes | via Stitcher | via TuneIn

There are few destinations that would be more intriguing for Jackson, considering the creativity with which the Patriots have built their offense over the years. Getting to learn from Brady wouldn't be a bad thing for his development, either.

The operative question here is whether the Patriots could snag Jackson by staying put at picks No. 23 and 31, or whether they would need to move up in the draft in order to get him. Bill Belichick has been loath to trade up in the past, doing so only a scant few times. One of those times worked out pretty well, as the Pats jumped up the board to select Rob Gronkowski. If the Pats view Jackson -- or anyone else, really -- as a similarly transformative or impactful player, it wouldn't be the biggest shock to see them break tendency once again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My order is this:

Darnold
Rosen
Jackson
Allen
Rudolph
Mayfield

I don't like Mayfield as a prospect at all. I think that his personality, height, and the Oklahoma scheme all work against him.

Allen and Rudolph are barely above Mayfield. Allen has a cannon of an arm, and the accuracy of a blunderbuss. Rudolph is accurate, but can't make all of the NFL throws.

Jackson is just below the big two. He's a dynamic talent, and I think that his best is yet to come. Accuracy worries me, though.

Rosen can make every throw accurately. I don't trust his personality, though.

Darnold is number one basically by default. I think he's the best quarterback in this class. I also think that he's below Goff and Wentz, both when they came out and during their NFL careers.

Ram65

Legend
I think this is a smokescreen, at least if targeted as a QB.

#1 When does a rumor EVER leak out of New England?

#2 I think they are hoping someone else drops to them, that’s what this is about.

IMO

————

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rigued-with-lamar-jackson-after-top-30-visit/

Patriots reportedly 'impressed and intrigued' with Lamar Jackson after top-30 visit

After trading both Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garoppolo last season, the New England Patriots no longer have in place a natural successor to Tom Brady at quarterback. But with the Pats having acquired a second first-round pick in this week's NFL Draft by trading Brandin Cooks to the Rams, rumors have been flying that they may be in the market for a passer on Day 1, in order to ensure they have a succession plan in place.

Well, let's just say those rumors are not going to quiet down after this report from NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Rapoport notes that the Pats quietly had a top-30 visit with Louisville's Lamar Jackson two weeks ago, and that the organization came away "impressed and intrigued" by Jackson.

Jackson doesn't necessarily fit the mold of the quarterbacks the Patriots have selected in past years, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be the right fit for them. Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels are always trying to stay a step ahead of the latest offensive and defensive developments, and it's entirely possible they've identified Jackson's skill set (intermediate-to-deep passing/designed runs/mobility) as being what they need to build their post-Brady offense around.

Change the way you listen to NFL news, subscribe to the Pick Six Podcast with Will Brinson and you'll be the most informed fan at your NFL Draft party. Subscribe: via iTunes | via Stitcher | via TuneIn

There are few destinations that would be more intriguing for Jackson, considering the creativity with which the Patriots have built their offense over the years. Getting to learn from Brady wouldn't be a bad thing for his development, either.

The operative question here is whether the Patriots could snag Jackson by staying put at picks No. 23 and 31, or whether they would need to move up in the draft in order to get him. Bill Belichick has been loath to trade up in the past, doing so only a scant few times. One of those times worked out pretty well, as the Pats jumped up the board to select Rob Gronkowski. If the Pats view Jackson -- or anyone else, really -- as a similarly transformative or impactful player, it wouldn't be the biggest shock to see them break tendency once again.

Could be a smoke screen but, with the extra picks they could pull the trigger on Jackson. First they need a backup. I always like backups that can run. It would be totally interesting to see Jackson go to the Pats for the easiest job in pro football.