Rank your 5 top choices for the Rams 1st Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Buying into the lazy stories period.

Kind of harsh. Clowney was double and triple teamed. He doesn't agree with you and neither does Fisher. To each their own though.

I suspect either the Rams will take him or trade their spot because he is so sought after.

Man's an animal. Better record than Quinn. Just sayin'.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Kind of harsh. Clowney was double and triple teamed. He doesn't agree with you and neither does Fisher. To each their own though.

I suspect either the Rams will take him or trade their spot because he is so sought after.

Man's an animal. Better record than Quinn. Just sayin'.

No problem.
I guess we'll just have to disagree.
And it could be too harsh, to be sure. Just like it could be right.
And, not to be picky, but unless you're Fisher, I don't know how you know he doesn't agree with me.
I mean coaches say anything and everything this time of year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It took me months to convince myself that Smith wasn't the worst choice we had ever made, smh. My tv still has the nick from where I threw my remote that day.

Yep. I was okay with Eugene Monroe or Andre Smith. Was disgusted when we picked Jason. I was really hoping we'd trade down that year and take Hakeem Nicks or Percy Harvin...I loved those two...but both guys have kind of fallen off after great starters. So meh. Regardless, it seemed like they picked the guy I least wanted. Story of the Rams prior to Fisher and Snead.(although Fisher and Snead have had their moments too haha)

RamzFanz

Damnit
No problem.
And, not to be picky, but unless you're Fisher, I don't know how you know he doesn't agree with me.

Yes, Fisher could be blowing smoke to lure a trade.

Still, I have looked at a lot of video and commentary on Clowney and I think the lazy accusations are unfair. Teams were focused on stopping him and he still made an impact.

His record is better than Quinns and that's enough for me. If he was half as good as Quinn he would be an immediate game changer for the Rams. Can you imagine the terror? Trying to stop those two? It's the stuff of nightmares.

jap

Legend
1> Clowney
2> Trade with Browns down to #4
3> Matthews
4> Robinson
5> Watkins

RamzFanz

Damnit
No problem.

Warren Sapp watching Clowney, at 6'5" and 255 pounds, run the 40 in 4.53 seconds:

sappclowney.gif

Kind of says it all, no?

StevenG-BR

Rookie
1. Robinson
2. Clowney
3. Watkins
(Huge drop off after these 3 IMO. The rest only make sense in a trade down)
4. Gilbert
5. Donald

I'm shocked that so many people are listing Matthews ahead of Robinson. Frankly, I think Robinson is far superior and that it's not even close.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Warren Sapp watching Clowney, at 6'5" and 255 pounds, run the 40 in 4.53 seconds:

sappclowney.gif

Kind of says it all, no?

Actually......no.
How many times do you need your DE to run a 40 in a game? Let alone a fast one.
I suppose it's not a bad thing that he can run a fast 40, but that by itself does not make him a great prospect.

I'm just tired of the Rams drafting physical specimens/athletic types that aren't great football players.
I'm not saying he can't be great, just that being a great athlete does not automatically mean he will be a good/great football player.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Actually......no.
How many times do you need your DE to run a 40 in a game? Let alone a fast one.
I suppose it's not a bad thing that he can run a fast 40, but that by itself does not make him a great prospect.

I'm just tired of the Rams drafting physical specimens/athletic types that aren't great football players.
I'm not saying he can't be great, just that being a great athlete does not automatically mean he will be a good/great football player.

I think DE speed is very important in the NFC west. He's faster than any of the NFCW QBs, if I remember correctly, and that's a good thing for a pass rusher. A fast 40 is also a good way to change turnovers into points.

It's true that he's raw in his technique, but with his athleticism and Quinn as a mentor...

I don't see how he's not a top 5 prospect by anyone.

This is going to be an interesting draft, that's for certain. My money's on a trade down from 2 and up from 13.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think DE speed is very important in the NFC west. He's faster than any of the NFCW QBs, if I remember correctly, and that's a good thing for a pass rusher. A fast 40 is also a good way to change turnovers into points.

It's true that he's raw in his technique, but with his athleticism and Quinn as a mentor...

I don't see how he's not a top 5 prospect by anyone.

This is going to be an interesting draft, that's for certain. My money's on a trade down from 2 and up from 13.

I'll be very surprised if we trade up inside the first 2-3 rounds.

By all accounts this is a very deep draft... IF, and I mean IF, we trade down from #2... It will be hard to give up one of those picks to trade up.

RamzFanz

Damnit

By all accounts this is a very deep draft... IF, and I mean IF, we trade down from #2... It will be hard to give up one of those picks to trade up.

I don't know man, 13 is pretty low. It's a deep draft but that's definitely after my dropoff. Better to give up draft spots than settle for second tier talent. A Watkins / Robinson first round or something of that nature? Wow. JMHO.

jap

Legend

I wouldn't put anything past Snead and The Fisher King, especially with them wanting early impact players to ignite a playoff/championship drive.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Trade down within top 5 picks

Robinson I see as the must have pick
Clowney slightly behind Robinson
Matthews after top 2 this is a drop off
Donald another drop off
Evans

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
1) TRADE down to get Watkins and Robinson
2) Clowney
3) Robinson
4) Watkins
5) Matthews
6) Mack

So trade down to maybe 4 and get Robinson. Then, use that pick to trade up and get Watkins? Very, very, interesting. I'd say that's a home run, man.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So trade down to maybe 4 and get Robinson. Then, use that pick to trade up and get Watkins? Very, very, interesting. I'd say that's a home run, man.

Right? Why not? We don't want 13, we want two top players. Even if it costs us what we get in the trade down and 13. When you consider that some QB's may go, this may be doable.

I'm a Clowney fan (since no one knows that) but, hey, with Robinson making holes for Stacey, Watkins in the A route, TA in the slot, and Bailey/Petis/Quick on the other side, wow. I can get on board with that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Right? Why not? We don't want 13, we want two top players. Even if it costs us what we get in the trade down and 13. When you consider that some QB's may go, this may be doable.

I'm a Clowney fan (since no one knows that) but, hey, with Robinson making holes for Stacey, Watkins in the A route, TA in the slot, and Bailey/Petis/Quick on the other side, wow. I can get on board with that.

Yeah, I could too. We'd have all the tools we need to be a dominant offense. Opponents wouldn't know what to do as long as he Shermer doesn't put together a generic game plan.

I wouldn't be upset with Clowney, at all. Chris Long is still in his prime, but he'll be 30 in in a few years. We'd still have a lot of years to terrorize QB's with Quinn and Clowney. Could you imagine them two competing with eachother to get the most sacks? LOL... look out NFL.