Rank the GM's...Do you agree with Les?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Les the 23rd ranked GM in YOUR opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

He definitely reports to Fisher. Not even sure that's debatable. A number of the (bad) draft picks can be directly attributed to Fisher and what Fisher wants.

I'm really not sure how you would separate any rating of Snead from Fisher.

Nor why would you want to really.

When things with the Rams work out, Snead's career will be set.

He'll go from a (perceived) lacky to a godfather.

The Foles trade was a fucking master piece.

The league will see that and so will the sports writers who currently care less about our Rams.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Les Sneads job is to evaluate players for potential picks and trades and to wheel and deal them. His job stops there and it's the players and coaches job to get the rest done in the wins column. Bradford going down over and over wasn't his fault and there really weren't many great QBs worth reaching for in years prior that would've down better than our backups. I do fault him some in the "paper tiger" Oline he left in place last year, I knew the bottom would drop. shouldn't be at 23 tho. I'll take top 10 considering this team was built from scratch with rookies!

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I think we saw this before - and it is bullsh#$

Gregson at #13 is proof - he is the worst of all GM's - this again just proves nobody in the national media cares about our team

Snead has taken a team with ZERO talent and also made the best trade in Ram history and stockpiled talent at all positions - young and unproven talent, but talent nonetheless -- it's insane the amount of work he and Fisher have done in jsut 3 years - and all the finds in UDFA is the best by far of anyone I have ever seen

The team had talent before him, maybe not enough but there was some talent here (Quinn, Long, etc.)

The trade was a no brainer, we don't know how much he worked the Browns against the Redskins, but in reality it was never a questionable trade...especially since we thought we were good at QB. His trades outside of that one have been generally average overall. I can't give much credit for doing the obvious.

That said, I do give him great credit for the late round talent he has found/drafted. If there is an area I think he stands out in that is it. I also think he has done a generally good job with the cap and avoiding trouble there...another strength.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The author of this piece can't be taken seriously.

Clearly, a GM is measured by his ability to identify and acquire talented football players. Via draft, trade, FA, and UDFA.

The HC's job is to take it from there and get wins.

Snead has excelled in his talent acquisition in all 4 areas.

If Kroenke somehow foolishly allowed Snead to get away, I think Snead would remain unemployed for only about 15 damned minutes.

This ranking of 23rd is a joke.

iced

This is it all right here. You just kinda fought both battles. It's his job to put the best roster on the field. Yes, and he has. Then it's the coaching staffs job to teach those players and get the best from them and on the players to learn and want to succeed. There's a reason it's called a team. Once the roster is put together, it's kind of out of Sneeds hands. Unless he's out their coaching them as well, he's done his part of the process. Putting the team together.

Ps. I'm not taking a shot at you or your opinion. Just sharing my own. Don't wanna come off as insulting.

Thing is at the same token, GM's are also graded on what coaches they hire as well, and how they get the team to play...

not surprising at all to see his record where it is giving his W/L record since he's been on board..

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Snead has taken a team with ZERO talent

You really think Quinn, Long, Laurinaitis have no talent? :eek: I'd have them in my top 5 defensive players (Donald and McDonald being the other 2).

I'd also have Saffold in our top 5 offensive players.

But I suppose people have their own opinion on players.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
4 of the best? You mean 4 of the hottest wrestlers don't you?

That too :whistle:. But honestly some of their matches are top notch. Banks vs Lynch at the last main show is my match of the year so far. And the fatal 4 way the event before wasn't half bad.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think for pulling off the RGIII trade alone he should be in the top 10 if not top 5 - JMO but the guy has re-invented our roster in a very short time, it wasn't like the team needed one or two key pieces - we only had one or two key pieces to start with!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Like Fisher, Sneed gets a mulligan because it was a reasonable call to rely on Sam and Sam got hurt - and you can't be expected to go very far in this league on QB2 and QB3.

I think he has been really good for us, myself. We are worlds more talented now than we were when he took over - on talent alone, I'd say this team is top 10 - maybe top 5 material.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You really think Quinn, Long, Laurinaitis have no talent? :eek: I'd have them in my top 5 defensive players (Donald and McDonald being the other 2).

I'd also have Saffold in our top 5 offensive players.

But I suppose people have their own opinion on players.

Yeah, let me rephrase / zero talent beside 4 players on a 53 man roster

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The team had talent before him, maybe not enough but there was some talent here (Quinn, Long, etc.)

The trade was a no brainer, we don't know how much he worked the Browns against the Redskins, but in reality it was never a questionable trade...especially since we thought we were good at QB. His trades outside of that one have been generally average overall. I can't give much credit for doing the obvious.

That said, I do give him great credit for the late round talent he has found/drafted. If there is an area I think he stands out in that is it. I also think he has done a generally good job with the cap and avoiding trouble there...another strength.

Who besides Quinn, Long, Bradford, JL, and Saffold?

Brad Poppinga? Tye Hill? klopfenstein? Fendi Odobun?
Just curious......

Calling that trade a no brainer is only cause it was such an overwhelmingly great trade - especially with 20/20 hindsight. But if you recall aT the time many thought the Skins got the better of the trade - RG3 after his rookie year was considered the second coming

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who besides Quinn, Long, Bradford, JL, and Saffold?

Brad Poppinga? Tye Hill? klopfenstein? Fendi Odobun?
Just curious......

Calling that trade a no brainer is only cause it was such an overwhelmingly great trade - especially with 20/20 hindsight. But if you recall aT the time many thought the Skins got the better of the trade - RG3 after his rookie year was considered the second coming

The trade was handled brilliantly - at the time a lot of fans thought that setting a deadline like they did was foolish - but all the Rams did was get one of the largest trade hauls in NFL history. Snead set the deadline when it was apparent there was a feverish desire for RG3, right after Peyton had decided to blow off Washington and Cleveland for Denver, and before they had time to come to their senses or find other, cheaper options. Other GMs may have done as well - I have a hard time believing anybody would have actually done better though.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I think for pulling off the RGIII trade alone he should be in the top 10 if not top 5 - JMO but the guy has re-invented our roster in a very short time, it wasn't like the team needed one or two key pieces - we only had one or two key pieces to start with!

I'd like to have seen how I would have handled the RGIII trade. I mean I suck in every way imaginable when it comes to negotiating/selling but I'm 95% sure I could have gotten us a similar deal.

I give him more credit for the Brockers trade (I'm assuming Brockers was top of their board) even if they did screw up with what they got in the trade down. And also the 2013 draft Austin/Ogletree trade up and down, even if it was a mistake to draft Austin at least they came away with the 2 guys they wanted and only effectively moved down from 46 to 92 to do so (and came away with who I believe will be a very good player at 92).

Those two trades are one I probably wouldn't have pulled off, even if we can question the results of both.

WvuIN02

Starter
It's fair.

Wins are the only measuring stick in this business. Getting a silver star and going to a mediocre bowl is for college.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If wins are the only measuring stick - why is the Cardinals' GM only ranked #20?

Apparently they used other measuring sticks than wins - unless it's convenient to bash the Rams.