Rang: The Rams Are The Power Player in the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

CBS Sports’ NFL Draft senior analyst Rob Rang has the Rams trading away their No. 2 pick to the Falcons in his latest mock draft. He calls the Rams the power player in the draft. What could St. Louis get in return? (2:30)

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same stuff, different voice. Should would like to hear something new, maybe like Rams make draft history by trading away most of this years picks and #1 picks for the next 2 years to move up and get Clowney, Matthews, and Watkins!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think (I hope) everyone is in agreement that if Clowney makes it to #2, then the Rams are in the driver's seat. After Franchise QB, Franchise DE is the hottest commodity in the league. I mean, salary dictates as much, and the Seahawks have demonstrated that a potent D-rush can neutralize ANY quarterback. So, the Rams can potentially get a windfall of picks for him if they so choose. The wild-card is the mystery behind the Rams' infatuation with him. Is he on the top of their board? Is he not? I think they're doing the right thing by not eliminating him from consideration. And maybe that's because they haven't. No better way to get the upper-hand in the league than to take away what would potentially be the league's biggest asset.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's really too bad the QB class is so weak this year or we could get another mother load. If Clowney drops to #2 then we still could get a pretty good deal to trade down.
I think we are still in a pretty good spot, just not an RG3 spot.
No matter what we should come out of this draft with some good damn players.