Randy On Playoff Hcs...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Jeff Fisher signed a 5 year deal. I would say he's safe for two more years unless the team really tanks badly, which I dont see happening.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Blah, blah, blah.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Call me unreasonable if you'd like, but if Fisher doesn't win at least 10 games this year then that's a major failure. He's had more high draft picks than anyone else, plus he's spent tons of money in FA.

If he loses again this year, than he botched his additions or isn't good enough anymore or both.
Which of these could be considered an excuse?

Starting QB injured in week 7.
Average NFL experience of our entire WR corps - 1.8 years.
Average NFL experience of our entire RB corps - 1.5 years.
7 different starting offensive line combinations. Week 1 O-line and Week 16 O-line completely different.
Jenkins and McLeod were the only players in the secondary to start & finish 16 games.
Youngest roster in the NFL played 9 games against playoff teams (won two).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which of these could be considered an excuse?

Starting QB injured in week 7.
Average NFL experience of our entire WR corps - 1.8 years.
Average NFL experience of our entire RB corps - 1.5 years.
7 different starting offensive line combinations. Week 1 O-line and Week 16 O-line completely different.
Jenkins and McLeod were the only players in the secondary to start & finish 16 games.
Youngest roster in the NFL played 9 games against playoff teams (won two).

None of those will be an excuse this year.

It's all about this year. His 3rd year. Preparing excuses for this year is a losing mentality. He needs to win this year. Period. (As Obama would say)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure of your point, but 7-9, 7-9, then 11-5. That's perfectly fine.

That's what I hope Fisher does.

My point is that using him against Fisher is kind of absent of reason.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
None of those will be an excuse this year.

It's all about this year. His 3rd year. Preparing excuses for this year is a losing mentality. He needs to win this year. Period. (As Obama would say)
What?

Who's preparing excuses? I just asked if any of those things I listed could be considered a valid excuse for their current record.

RFIP

This is exactly where I've been coming from on Fisher's needing to win this year. He should be feeling extreme pressure to win this year. HC's that don't win in their 3rd year get canned for a good reason. Now, I don't think Kroenke will fire Fisher if he doesn't make the playoffs this year, but I think it will be a huge problem for Fisher in 2015 to keep getting his players to buy into his program after 3 years of losing.

This from Randy K...

This is a similar argument to our QB. Do people not take in to account the talent this guy inherited?

LOOK at this roster, there is 10x the talent than when Fish got here...so if they don't make the playoffs he might be gone?

That will help what exactly? So a new coach can come in and want "his" players? THAT is how you stay bad for decades on end.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
My point is that using him against Fisher is kind of absent of reason.
Absolutely. Carrol lucked into a perfect scenario in the last game of that season ... home game against an overachieving team with a rookie QB. That led to winning a home playoff game against a team that couldn't win a playoff game on the road ... until last Saturday.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Blah, blah, blah.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Call me unreasonable if you'd like, but if Fisher doesn't win at least 10 games this year then that's a major failure. He's had more high draft picks than anyone else, plus he's spent tons of money in FA.

If he loses again this year, than he botched his additions or isn't good enough anymore or both.
Ask anyone ... anyone ... considering where Fisher started, he kind of needed that advantage, didn't he? Considering where our depth went after 2011 (the street), they needed every drafted and UD player they could get their hands on. And we saw some pretty good results, too.