Random Thoughts and NFCW Watch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Jared Cook- We really need him to step up his run blocking. I didn't think Kendricks could do it in the manner he has. I hold out hope he can improve this aspect of his game. It tips the plays if we sup Kendricks for Cook on run downs. I know our coaching staff understands that and I'm looking forward to seeing improvement.

Our WR's- Our biggest additions to improving this core comes from retaining Saffold and drafting Robinson. That may be a sobering fact for some, but not to me. Who didnt have big expectations for Givens going into last year? He made several huge plays as a rookie and flashed cosintency through that five game span where he had a 50+ gainer each game. More time to look down field may prove to be huge. Same can be said for all of our WR's. Britt and Quick are "?" and they just have to prove themselves. Love the WVU guys, they're studs.

Scoring points- Seems this comes up from every analysts, rightfully so. It's just not much of a question for me. In my opinion, we are better in ever phase of the offensive game for several reasons.

Experience gained from the young studs

retaining Schurmer (players make smart coaches in many cases)/not learning a new playbook

our OL will be nasty... nuff said, three stud RB's

our QB looks better than ever after knee surger(lol)

If Sam gets hurt, Hill is two steps better than Clemens.

Our defense- I do beleive it'll be grueling for any offense to score more than 24 points against our defense. This is barring we just collapse. We did collapse in early games last year, I blame a lot of it on Walton. His scheme made it much easier on teams than it ever should have been.

Our CB's- Less time for QB's to throw will be huge, Gregg Williams will be huge. I'm good with with the unit as a whole, experience is a question.

SS- Multiple guys to play this spot, it's a strength.

FS- This is a big "?." We have several guys on role to compete for it but few guys that truly fit the bill as FS prototypes. I thought we would grab one in the third round (Love the Mason Pick), but we went BPA which is great. Alexander is really athletic but not uncommonly fast. I'm anxious to see what Cody Davis the Ohio State guy can do. McCleod is the returner from last year, it's his to lose. Stewart is a Panther.

Overall, our team looks like it took two, maybe three, steps forward in the offseason.

NFCW Watch: Seahawks took a step back. Their defense lost several key players and their offense lost their best WR. Their OL is slightly above average, but they are well coached.

Niners- They got slightly better. I like TJ ward and Hyde, but the scale will be tipped if A. Smith doesn't keep his nose clean. They have a good WR'ing core, but guys getting open wasn't an issue last year. Kapernick not reading the field was the real issue. He's too quick to take off, but he might get better.

ARZ- Hard to say. Their offense got better with Cooper and Vehldeer surfing up the left side of the OL, could be huge. Their defense got a lot worse, IMO. Dansby and Washington not playing in 14 is a huge blow. However, I like their secondary with Bucannon and Chromartie added in the mix. I definately think we passed them, though.

I also think we neck and nexk with the Seahawks. We'rec better than them in multiple positions. They lost a lot.

The Niners look like the best team in our division, right now. I've heard multiple pundits say they have the best offense and I agree. They have about the same defense, too. We match up the worste against them.

Our WR's- Our biggest additions to improving this core comes from retaining Saffold and drafting Robinson. That may be a sobering fact for some, but not to me. Who didnt have big expectations for Givens going into last year? He made several huge plays as a rookie and flashed cosintency through that five game span where he had a 50+ gainer each game. More time to look down field may prove to be huge. Same can be said for all of our WR's. Britt and Quick are "?" and they just have to prove themselves. Love the WVU guys, they're studs.

Maybe, but it wasn't the O line getting little separation and dropping passes when they did. It's still a hope and pray situation for me, but I'm hoping with the best of them.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe, but it wasn't the O line getting little separation and dropping passes when they did. It's still a hope and pray situation for me, but I'm hoping with the best of them.

Yeah, I saw that at times. Maybe Kenny Britt can pull a Mark Clayton and be Sam's new surprise weapon. He's got a lot of talent. Brian Quick is an anomaly to me.

lockdnram21

Legend

once we started running the ball well receivers were getting separation. the drops i dont think they will be a problem this year.

lockdnram21

Legend

i just would think every one of the receivers is going to be hitting the juggs hard, and would hope they start concentraiting.Givens didnt have this problem his rookie year. Tavon didnt have the problem either in college. Say what you want about quick he only had 2 drops. Cook and Britt are the only one im worried about. Both of them were known for it in tennessee.

i just would think every one of the receivers is going to be hitting the juggs hard, and would hope they start concentraiting.Givens didnt have this problem his rookie year. Tavon didnt have the problem either in college. Say what you want about quick he only had 2 drops. Cook and Britt are the only one im worried about. Both of them were known for it in tennessee.

It depends how stringent you are, there were three plays in the Carolina game alone where imo a better receiver makes the catch, whether you want to put them in the drops category or not a better player makes the catch.

On the juggs I really hope so, they've got to do something to get better because last season's play isn't going to cut it.

lockdnram21

Legend
It depends how stringent you are, there were three plays in the Carolina game alone where imo a better receiver makes the catch, whether you want to put them in the drops category or not a better player makes the catch.

On the juggs I really hope so, they've got to do something to get better because last season's play isn't going to cut it.

that was the only game he had drops in and he had 2. the 1 one 3rd down then the touchdown drop. he caught 2 passes. i just watched the game over again the other day.

that was the only game he had drops in and he had 2. the 1 one 3rd down then the touchdown drop. he caught 2 passes. i just watched the game over again the other day.

I counted 8 plays on the season with 3 in that game where a superior WR makes the catch, if you want to classify them as drops or not.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
If this is the year Quick puts it all together, our O will score points. With established running game, safety support in the box will hopefully allow for Sam look for a wide open quick outside as the D shifts to cover TA and Cook.

lockdnram21

Legend
I counted 8 plays on the season with 3 in that game where a superior WR makes the catch, if you want to classify them as drops or not.

welli probably know some of the plays your talking about. some were on Qb and some were good defense imo. Im not saying he couldnt have made some of them but i dont think it was all on him imo. I honestly think he will have a good season

welli probably know some of the plays your talking about. some were on Qb and some were good defense imo. Im not saying he couldnt have made some of them but i dont think it was all on him imo. I honestly think he will have a good season

God I hope so, if he does and Tavon and Stedman are as good as I think then playoffs.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Jared Cook- We really need him to step up his run blocking. I didn't think Kendricks could do it in the manner he has. I hold out hope he can improve this aspect of his game. It tips the plays if we sup Kendricks for Cook on run downs

Great point about TE's tipping off pass plays.

Our OL and DL are going shock teams and change the way they game plan. It's been a long time... (y)