Random thought on the Seattle loss in week 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

socalrams90

Starter
I know it burns us every week when we look at the standings and think “what if” but honestly that loss might have been the best thing that happened to us.

McVay stresses how the turnover differential is the biggest indicator of success behind wins and losses and that’s true. That’s a game where a hand full of individuals could reflect after, point to themselves, and say “we could’ve won that if I didn’t...” and that lesson has carried over to every game afterwards.

I feel we would’ve lost the Jacksonville game had we won the Seattle game because the urgency wouldn’t have been there and we were going to learn the hard way one way or another.

The penalties issue seemed to have gotten cleaned up since the 49ers game where we almost lost due to bonehead moves. Redskins loss came down to turnovers and penalties.

All of these issues we heard McVay stress about before the season even started but it seems this team needed to experience and learn the hard way for it to learn.

No doubt in my mind we see a different team vs Seattle when we play them later. This is a young team that is going to have some moments that disappoint us but the trend is upward for years to come. Big picture.