Random Podcast About the Rams' "Questionable Players"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They have been for some time. Difference with the Rams is nobody realizes it because they've hit on them for the most part.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
They have been for some time. Difference with the Rams is nobody realizes it because they've hit on them for the most part.

Like who, for instance?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like who, for instance?

Jenks. Tru. Ogletree. All three not only kept their noses clean for the most part, but took to the Rams leadership and coaching and became good players.

Fisher clearly has a talent for handling those types. It is one of his strengths.

WestCoastRam

Legend
One wonders in this day and age, if the Rams could have kept Leonard Little who killed a woman drunk driving and then got a DUI later in his career.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jenks. Tru. Ogletree. All three not only kept their noses clean for the most part, but took to the Rams leadership and coaching and became good players.

Fisher clearly has a talent for handling those types. It is one of his strengths.

I agree with you here Merlin(y). Fisher may have some good size HOLES in his NFL HC skills & abilities resume but in this one area Fisher has excelled! If I was rating him .... check the box as Outstanding!

Handling major management problem players is usually something your are born will & spend the rest of your career working on rounding out your sharp edges as you grow older. Fisher may be one if not the best in the NFL at this. Well will see just how well JJ does now out from under the fisher effect?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Rams are nowhere near the gold standard set by New England, with its arrogant coach and moralistic owner, of signing a serial killer to a $40 million contract.

Let's not forget their cheating culture..... :whistle:

giphy.gif

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Completely agree. I think I (knee-jerk) responded cuz' your post was right after the "get Greg Hardy" post.
None of the Rams player's offenses comes anywhere close.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Fisher clearly has a talent for handling those types.

Isn't it up to the player, not the coach? Pacman didn't grow up until he got to Cincinnati. Vince Young stood up in the middle of a team meeting and said to Fisher's face, "I'm not walking out on the team, I'm walking out on you."

Fisher has 90 players and a franchise relocation to shepherd this summer. Doesn't leave much time for babysitting.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah, Vince Young's a real good example of how a coach failed a player. :palm:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't it up to the player, not the coach? Pacman didn't grow up until he got to Cincinnati. Vince Young stood up in the middle of a team meeting and said to Fisher's face, "I'm not walking out on the team, I'm walking out on you."

Fisher has 90 players and a franchise relocation to shepherd this summer. Doesn't leave much time for babysitting.

Good grief man. You don't think the coach and how well he leads and manages has anything to do with it? Of course it's up to the players. But leadership is key too and some guys have that affinity to connect with a broader base of guys and get them to buy in. Fish is one of those leaders.

tempests

Hall of Fame
But leadership is key too and some guys have that affinity to connect with a broader base of guys and get them to buy in.

Every head coach has to have that ability.

As Roman Snow said earlier, 1700 players in the NFL, 250 draft picks every year, plenty of questionable personalities and examples of immaturity will find their way to every team. No one knows which coaches are better at handling "those types" because it's never been honestly examined. All we know is Fisher takes chances on players that others won't touch.