Random Ovservations of Rams Pre-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Last year the Rams left a lot to be desired after the first 3 pre-season games. This year it's quite the opposite. The Rams have us begging to see MORE!!! They got me sweating in the fetal position begging for a time machine, and not to go back to the GSOT days. We got a new explosive show brewing. Here are some random thoughts...

It hurts to watch our defense play so generic. But with that said, it scored almost as many points as Peyton Manning in the first half last night. :shock:
ESPN sure didn't mention that in their highlights on their website.

Ournew weapons resemble hidden secrets rather than question marks. Cooks stat line is pretty rediculous through 3 games, but he's hardly been targeted. Cook isn't a question mark in my mind. He's proven himself in the offseason and the Rams don't feel it neccessary to try and get him reps.

We saw a little glimmer of Austin last night. My goodness he has me jacked up. When he runs he makes other players look like they're jogging... just rediculous. His long return and the little shake and bake on his out route made me have an excitement accident. Those two guys have been crazy sheltered this Pre-Season.

I'm on the fence with Pettis. He coulda easily had a monster stat line on two throws that went his way. One shoulda been thrown to the corner of the pylon for an easy TD. The other he slowed up on. KEEP RUNING MAN!!! The throw woulda hit him in stride.

Chris Long and Quinn haven't destroyed the backfield, but they will. Rams have barely sent pressure this preseason. I think they've rushed 3 almost as many times as they blitzed. Good stuff.

I'm gonna freak if the Ram CB'splay that soft off the line in the regular season. That is some Pre-Season bullcrap right therrr. Finnegan is worth every penny and Jenkins just needs to play 60 minuites. I feel he plays like 55 minuites with some of the crap he does. Still a great player, though.

Brian Quick is improved, but he's still really raw. He's one heck of a project. He still has plenty of time to live up to his draft status. Heck, if he turns into a dominator in the second half of the season, he would still be harolded as a steal. Just gotta keep getting better Mr. Quick.

I don't give a crap if the starters warm the bench for 60 minuites on Thursday. They've showed they're ready to compete and I thank my lucky stars for our VERY LOW injury status thus far. Rams are doing great, LOVE THIS TEAM!!! Go Rams!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nyshe. :yeh:

I'm right there with ya, man. Especially after hearing Hayes say what he said on Instagram. We're only seeing the tip of the iceberg here, and once we start dialing up some pressure and scheming on defense, we'll all remember why they were tied for first in sacks last year. Putting pressure on the QB is going to make everyone else's job easier, and with the addition of Ogletree, I expect to see our TO ratio skyrocket.

On offense, once we start moving our receivers around to create some mismatches, we'll all understand what the master plan was all along, and why the Jets completely suck without Schottenheimer. We're probably gonna get smoked once or twice this year, but all-in-all, there should be marked improvement across the board. Maybe a little shaky to start the season, but we should see some kickass playoff football when all is said and done.

BRING IT!

Slappy967

Starter
I have greatly enjoyed what I have seen out of our boys this preseason and am excited to see it live Thursday night. I love going to the final preseason game and seeing who stands out during the final auditions.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Slappy967 said:
I have greatly enjoyed what I have seen out of our boys this preseason and am excited to see it live Thursday night. I love going to the final preseason game and seeing who stands out during the final auditions.

I'll be there too. I'm afraid they are going to dial back the 1st BUT I want to see the 2nd. ESPECIALLY Bailey, Stacy, and Quick.

If these guys step up, forget about it.

In the season, the D is going to be awesome. I just want a little more O to go nutts!