Random draft thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Well.

Lose out for Mariota to make a trade more realistic, hope the losing teams win, or at least place us in position for Hundley.

Tired for this shit show. Fuck reaching for a QB. We have no QB anyway.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to work my way through the QBs. Just watched a couple of the Garrett Grayson cut-ups since I don't have time to view full games until after the semester and I think he is worth continuing to evaluate. First QB outside of the top 3(Mariota, Winston, Hundley) that I have said that about thus far.

Physical tools aren't special(average arm strength and mobility) but he seemed to handle himself well in the pocket and made some really nice throws. Really want to see that Boston College game. Kind of reminds me of Kirk Cousins but in the couple cut-ups I viewed, he wasn't prone to the same boneheaded decisions that Cousins made in college.

Dak Prescott and Trevone Boykin are next on my list.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Trying to work my way through the QBs. Just watched a couple of the Garrett Grayson cut-ups since I don't have time to view full games until after the semester and I think he is worth continuing to evaluate. First QB outside of the top 3(Mariota, Winston, Hundley) that I have said that about thus far.

Here is my issue with Grayson does he have the ability from the neck up to run a sophisticated offense and he's only 6'2 which should not seem like an issue, but Austin Davis is 6'2 as well.

Was really hoping to get a chance to watch Hundley Sunday morning but the sound on my recording kept on cutting out every 3rd word, wasn't worth the annoyance, will have another chance Friday, I'll dazzle everyone with my expert opinion on Saturday morning.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is my issue with Grayson does he have the ability from the neck up to run a sophisticated offense and he's only 6'2 which should not seem like an issue, but Austin Davis is 6'2 as well.

If Grayson is 6'2", he's a tall 6'2". My guess is that he comes in over 6'2"(probably 6'2.5" to 6'3"). Austin Davis is a short 6'2"(6'1.5").

And you can see a vast difference. Grayson slides in the pocket and will throw over the line. He's very calm and composed in the pocket. That's important to me. He'll make throws out of a muddled pocket.

As for what he has from the neck up, I can't speak to that. I've read concerns over his classroom habits and his ability to digest a complicated playbook but I can only evaluate what's on the field.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Grayson is 6'2", he's a tall 6'2". My guess is that he comes in over 6'2"(probably 6'2.5" to 6'3"). Austin Davis is a short 6'2"(6'1.5").

And you can see a vast difference. Grayson slides in the pocket and will throw over the line. He's very calm and composed in the pocket. That's important to me. He'll make throws out of a muddled pocket.

As for what he has from the neck up, I can't speak to that. I've read concerns over his classroom habits and his ability to digest a complicated playbook but I can only evaluate what's on the field.

Awesome thank you sir in a mock draft Charlie Campbell he has Grayson going to the Rams in the 2nd round...The nice thing is, he's used to the horns and number 18!
upload_2014-11-24_16-17-52.jpeg

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Physical tools aren't special(average arm strength and mobility) but he seemed to handle himself well in the pocket and made some really nice throws. Really want to see that Boston College game. Kind of reminds me of Kirk Cousins but in the couple cut-ups I viewed, he wasn't prone to the same boneheaded decisions that Cousins made in college.

Dak Prescott and Trevone Boykin are next on my list.
What game did you watch in Grayson. I watched part of his game against San Jose St and I wasn't impressed.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
San Jose State and Wyoming
I will have to go back and rewatch then. I saw some of the San Jose St game and I didn't like what I saw. Some poor throws, the results weren't bad, but the throws weren't great. He does stand strong in the pocket and has some athleticism, although he won't be making plays with his legs in the NFL.