Ramzee's First Post-season Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramzee

Rookie

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just saw this draft on your site.

Robinson? Do tell!

Alan

Legend
I don't know most of those players yet but I 'm not in love with picking a fantabulous DE in the first round and I'm even less excited about drafting a lesser light in the 2nd round. Replace him with a CB and I like the priorities.

jap

Legend
If we actually pick second, I just cant see us picking a OT.

Especially since Robinson has raw pass protection skills. You trade down for more picks and pick up Robinson further down. Robinson is probably preferable to Matthews for his premier run blocking skills if Rodger is re-signed and Jake is recovering well. As Bonifay indicates, he can be moved inside to minimize his pass blocking responsibilities and still provide a road grader for Zac, Benny, and whoever.

Don't like Robinson at 2. Only players I can see us taking if we don't trade down are Matthews, Watkins or an outside shot at Clowney, wouldn't complain at Lee but would rather go CB, Easley is awesome but coming off a season ending ACL injury less so. Need to improve my knowledge beyond the second round.

Ramzee

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I disagree that Robinson is raw as a pass protector. I just think the sample size is too small to really tell with great confidence what you're getting because of the offense Malzahn runs. When I do see him in pass protection, he gives me confidence that he can do that at a high level though, no doubt. I may be jumping the gun on drafting Robinson at #2 overall right now in many peoples eyes but I think if he declares, in a few months, that may be the only spot he will be available at come draft day. :wink:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
We aren't picking at #2. Any mock that has us picking there is meaningless.

Alan

Legend
After looking it over a little more I have a question. Do you think Evans and Watkins will both be gone at #13 or do you just like Lee better?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I hope the rest of the country has as many questions about Lee as this board does, but I doubt it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I disagree that Robinson is raw as a pass protector. I just think the sample size is too small to really tell with great confidence what you're getting because of the offense Malzahn runs. When I do see him in pass protection, he gives me confidence that he can do that at a high level though, no doubt. I may be jumping the gun on drafting Robinson at #2 overall right now in many peoples eyes but I think if he declares, in a few months, that may be the only spot he will be available at come draft day. :wink:

I think Robinson goes in the top 7. I just am not sold on his ability as a pass blocker.

The rest looks fine although I'd go Evans over Lee. Loston also is a bit iffy for me. He seems to prefer to go for the knockout rather than playing the ball and he's prone to stupid personal foul penalties...on second thought, the latter sounds just like the Rams. :wink:

Alan

Legend
As I've said, I haven't researched these guys yet but when I looked up his name one of the first things I read was: "despite not having a very good year M. Lee has declared for the draft as expected" or words to that effect. That's why I asked.

Ramzee

Rookie
After looking it over a little more I have a question. Do you think Evans and Watkins will both be gone at #13 or do you just like Lee better?
I think Watkins is way gone at #13 but Evans has a shot of being there and I would just choose Lee over him. For all the reasons I listed on the site. Big difference I see between these two is, Lee is more of a natural play maker. All I see Evans do is manhandle DB's. He got away with a lot of no-call PI's IMO and it's really hard to tell just how much pushing off he is going to get away with in the pros. In college, he was just rag dolling DB's right and left and relied on that to get his separation.

Ramzee

Rookie
I think Robinson goes in the top 7. I just am not sold on his ability as a pass blocker.

The rest looks fine although I'd go Evans over Lee. Loston also is a bit iffy for me. He seems to prefer to go for the knockout rather than playing the ball and he's prone to stupid personal foul penalties...on second thought, the latter sounds just like the Rams. :wink:
Yeah, when I mocked Loston to us, all I saw was another T.J. McDonald clone with a little more coverage ability. I think Fisher will be drawn to those attributes.

PhxRam

I think Watkins is way gone at #13 but Evans has a shot of being there and I would just choose Lee over him. For all the reasons I listed on the site. Big difference I see between these two is, Lee is more of a natural play maker. All I see Evans do is manhandle DB's. He got away with a lot of no-call PI's IMO and it's really hard to tell just how much pushing off he is going to get away with in the pros. In college, he was just rag dolling DB's right and left and relied on that to get his separation.

You mean like Boldin? Seems pretty successful.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Keep in mind that this is also only his 4th year of football in his life...and one of those years was a redshirt year. I like the fact that he's already aggressive and physical. And imo, his ability to make contested catches and his strength at the catch point has significantly improved over last year.

I like him a lot. I think he has underrated deep speed too. Blew by some NFL caliber DBs this year when they tried to press him.

Plus, lets be honest, Dez Bryant and Anquan Boldin get away with it all the time. Just gotta learn how not to be blatantly obvious. It's what TO and Irvin were known for. :wink:

Ramzee

Rookie
Keep in mind that this is also only his 4th year of football in his life...and one of those years was a redshirt year. I like the fact that he's already aggressive and physical. And imo, his ability to make contested catches and his strength at the catch point has significantly improved over last year.

I like him a lot. I think he has underrated deep speed too. Blew by some NFL caliber DBs this year when they tried to press him.

Plus, lets be honest, Dez Bryant and Anquan Boldin get away with it all the time. Just gotta learn how not to be blatantly obvious. It's what TO and Irvin were known for. :wink:
That's the thing is, it's usually very blatant. I cringe watching him shove off sometimes just because how obvious it is. Sometimes I'm shocked there isn't a penalty called. On the plus side, it does have one positive side effect I've noticed. That is, DB's tend to be fiesty and in turn, it makes them push and shove a lot down the field, even more so than usual and it has resulted in a lot of PI's in Evans favor.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the thing is, it's usually very blatant. I cringe watching him shove off sometimes just because how obvious it is. Sometimes I'm shocked there isn't a penalty called. On the plus side, it does have one positive side effect I've noticed. That is, DB's tend to be fiesty and in turn, it makes them push and shove a lot down the field, even more so than usual and it has resulted in a lot of PI's in Evans favor.

You know, I thought the same thing when Bryant shoved Finnegan down in the end-zone. Hopefully he gets the Boldin treatment in the NFL. :heh:

Alan

Legend
jrry32 thowing out some love:
You know, I thought the same thing when Bryant shoved Finnegan down in the end-zone. Hopefully he gets the Boldin treatment in the NFL. :heh:
Not unless he's a Ram.