Ramsplaya16's 2012 mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
This is my first mock, and its how i can possibly see the draft shaking out, sorry in advance if the pics are a little big, im still trying to get the hang of adding photos.

1. Justin Blackmon, WR OKlahoma State University

Justin+Blackmon+Kansas+v+Oklahoma+State+Rpd9sUCjubil.jpg

Blackmon should fall to number 6 with Cleveland losing Hillis for basically no money, and if he falls to 6, theres no other talent worth taking with Richardson, Claiborne, and Kalil off the board.

2.A. Lamar Miller RB University of Miami

Lamar+Miller+Georgia+Tech+v+Miami+UyMbWBLlJbil.jpg

After Drafting CJ2K in Tennessee, Fisher see's the second coming of him in Lamar Miller, a shifty, Speedy back, who can be the change of pace that we have been sorely lacking for the past few seasons.

2.B. Zach Brown OLB University of North Carolina

Zach+Brown+Georgia+Southern+v+North+Carolina+NuoEDFNuGj5l.jpg

With Blazing speed for a linebacker, and a good nose for the ball, Zach Brown would be an instant starter, he fills a huge void at OLB. He has the speed to be a three down LBer, and the Weight to stop the run at the point of attack.

3. Ben Jones C University of Georgia

Ben+Jones+Florida+v+Georgia+Cmt47G_9vKrl.jpg

Even if the Rams sign a veteran center in free agency, they will still need a young center to learn behind him. Jones is the best Lineman on the board at the time, and will solidify the center of the line for years to come.

4. Marcus Forston DT University of Miami

Marcus-Forston-240x300.jpg

Forston had some injury issues while he was at Miami, but when healthy, he was a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully we'll sign Jason Jones, and we'll have one of the best young lines in the NFL with the addition of Forston, who can really collapse the pocket. At 6'3, 310 pounds, he's the big body we have been lacking on our interior DL.

6. Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia

Keith+Tandy+West+Virginia+v+Rutgers+dDjTtMUeY3kl.jpg

Tandy is a scrappy corner that can also play the run. He can learn the game behind Cortland, and eventually be a good nickel CB, he has decent speed, and a fiery attitude.

7.Nathan Stupar, OLB, Penn State

Nathan+Stupar+Illinois+v+Penn+State+utQqLKVKGSyl.jpg

Coming from a university known for their LB production, Stupar is a blue collar player. He had a decent season last year and should be available in the 7th to take a flier on. He has decent speed and good size to learn behind JL55 and others, and could pan out to be a solid player.

Any feedback is appreciated guys, thanks for reading and let me know what you think...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty solid. I like the UM bias too. :hehe:

Sure would be nice if the 2nd round played out like that too, but something tells me they're going trenches early and often. And I'm not getting a good vibe about the chances of the Rams drafting Blackmon. Hopefully it's all a smoke screen, but they sure sound indifferent to the idea that he falls to them. I think it was Fisher who said "he's not the only receiver available."

And don't worry about picture sizes. The board is set to allow for pretty big dimensions.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:

Sure would be nice if the 2nd round played out like that too, but something tells me they're going trenches early and often. And I'm not getting a good vibe about the chances of the Rams drafting Blackmon. Hopefully it's all a smoke screen, but they sure sound indifferent to the idea that he falls to them. I think it was Fisher who said "he's not the only receiver available."

And don't worry about picture sizes. The board is set to allow for pretty big dimensions.

I would imagine that's more of a smoke screen than anything. I can't imagine they would pass on Blackmon if he is there at 6.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:

Im a huge Miami fan, havent missed a home game in the past 4 seasons, love going to the games...i wanted to add Sean Spence but that would have been too much bias :lol:

Im hoping they draft him if hes available, im not high on Reiff, Brockers, or Poe...crossing my fingers!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ramsplaya16 said:
X said:

Im a huge Miami fan, havent missed a home game in the past 4 seasons, love going to the games...i wanted to add Sean Spence but that would have been too much bias :lol:

Im hoping they draft him if hes available, im not high on Reiff, Brockers, or Poe...crossing my fingers!

I could live with that draft even if the CANES CAN BITE IT! GO BIG RED! Most of those guys could be available at those spots. I hope so even if one of them is a Cane. A lot sure does hinge on the Rams landing Jason Jones and Eric Winston though. (Have I said that before?)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I would imagine that's more of a smoke screen than anything. I can't imagine they would pass on Blackmon if he is there at 6.
Well, they just might. I'm hearing more and more things about Blackmon that aren't HUGE ringing endorsements. Good receiver, yes. Productive, yes. But not on the level of some of the elite receivers that warrant being taken so high. Greg Cosell (as posted in another thread) compares him to Crabtree. Then I see others who don't see a huge separation between Floyd and Blackmon. Others have Wright as THE best receiver in the draft. If there's this much 'debate' over who is the better receiver, then I'm not so sure Fisher/Snead (or, Sniffer) would take him at 6. They could conceivably drop a few spots and get Floyd or Wright or even Brian Quick (6'4, 220, same 40 time as Blackmon)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsplaya16 said:

Awesome. Another FLA Rams fan. I used to do a lot of work for the U, and got a chance to meet a bunch of those guys who made it into the NFL. Plus, they're the only team with SWAGGER.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
ramsplaya16 said:

Awesome. Another FLA Rams fan. I used to do a lot of work for the U, and got a chance to meet a bunch of those guys who made it into the NFL. Plus, they're the only team with SWAGGER.
What did you think about that whole Shapiro scandal? Did any punishment come out of that yet?

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
X said:
ramsplaya16 said:

Thats awesome, one of my best friends used to play WR there, he was a walk on, but he has all this gear, and signed stuff from older players like michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, etc. Its really cool to hear the stories about all the old players lol i believe he played from 05-08, something like that, but its just cool to hear all the stories lol.

Thats cool man that you did work for them, they have a beautiful campus, and ill always like another canes fan :cheese:

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
brokeu91 said:
X said:
ramsplaya16 said:

What did you think about that whole Shapiro scandal? Did any punishment come out of that yet?

Well the Self imposed bowl ban, and the suspensions at the beginning of the season were the only repercussions thus far...but i really dont expect much to come out of it. I honestly believe itll be alot less then what everyone was making it out to be...especially with all these other scandals going on as well. But then again it is the NCAA, so you never know. :roll:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There needs to be a ruling and hopefully it will just amount to a couple of scholarship reductions and maybe a year or two bowl ban. After what Dee did to USC and the stance he took, if a stronger punishment from what USC received is not handed down to Miami, I can only imagine the outrage that would ensue.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
X said:
There needs to be a ruling and hopefully it will just amount to a couple of scholarship reductions and maybe a year or two bowl ban. After what Dee did to USC and the stance he took, if a stronger punishment from what USC received is not handed down to Miami, I can only imagine the outrage that would ensue.

One thing you have to remember, is that USC kinda gave the NCAA the middle finger and didnt exactly cooperate to the fullest extent. Miami Self reported everything, and hopefully that will lead to a lighter penalty because they have been extensively cooperating.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsplaya16 said:
X said:

One thing you have to remember, is that USC kinda gave the NCAA the middle finger and didnt exactly cooperate to the fullest extent. Miami Self reported everything, and hopefully that will lead to a lighter penalty because they have been extensively cooperating.
True. And I hope you're right.