Rams WR situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard for Fisher's leftovers to get a "fair shake" IMO
They'll get a shot but you can be sure that McVay will be bringing in some talent to compete and being a hold over is not an advantage in any way

Psycho_X

Legend
You forgot because everyone speaks about Spruce. McRoberts is the 2nd tallest WR we got @ 6'3 behind Marquis North @ 6'4 now that britt and Quick are gone. I think he could stretch the field. I would like to see McRoberts get a fair shake. He did F up in pre season but showed heart. We will see.

Yeah he intrigues me more and more after thinking about it. He went to SEMO and was a rookie so he wasn't exactly ready to kick it into high gear in the NFL so I can't fault him for being mostly useless last season which is why he was on the practice squad for most of it. He's got the physical tools to be a good contributor though. Just needs good coaching and dedication on his part.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Yeah he intrigues me more and more after thinking about it. He went to SEMO and was a rookie so he wasn't exactly ready to kick it into high gear in the NFL so I can't fault him for being mostly useless last season which is why he was on the practice squad for most of it. He's got the physical tools to be a good contributor though. Just needs good coaching and dedication on his part.

Exactly what his draft prospects said he has the ability to be a great WR with good coaching, and that he has gr8 footwork due to playing basketball to break and use his hips to make sharp cuts.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was gonna go Bill Hicks, but someone beat me to it...

Plus...c'mon... it's Kinison!!!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
What the heck is going on with Vincent Jackson? Didn't he get released by TB?? ... .or am I just high?.......:confused:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns
According to ESPN's Dan Graziano, Josh Gordon is expected to hear back from the league about his reinstatement application by late April or early May.

Gordon applied for reinstatement on March 1 and should learn his fate around the same time as the NFL Draft. Substance abuse issues have kept Gordon off the field since 2014. Browns coach Hue Jackson has washed his hands of Gordon, making it unlikely he'll be back with Cleveland even if he's reinstated. Gordon turns 26 in April.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/suspended-josh-gordon-trains-with-ex-olympian/

Suspended Josh Gordon trains with ex-Olympian
Posted by Michael Gehlken on March 24, 2017

ap_16214820848821-e1471257830399.jpg
AP

There is little sense in speculating as to whether or not this will be it, whether this comeback attempt from Josh Gordon will be the one that returns the uber-talented deep threat to the field.

That will come down to Gordon, if the NFL allows it.

But before potential reinstatement, it seems he’s putting in the work.

The suspended Browns wide receiver, who hasn’t played an NFL down the past two seasons, reportedly is training with speed coach Tim Montgomery, a former Olympian, in Florida as part of his effort to resurrect his career.

Violations of the league’s substance-abuse policy have cost the 2012 supplemental second-round pick 44 games the past four years. He was suspended a 45th game in 2012 for a violation of team rules.

Gordon caught 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns in 2013.

That came despite missing two games to a league suspension.

There is some off-the field relevancy in Gordon’s partnership with Montgomery. The latter is in position to mentor Gordon, having overcome his own pitfalls.

As cataloged by ESPN’s Dan Graziano, Montgomery “served prison time after pleading guilty to possession and distribution of more than 100 grams of heroin in 2008 and was stripped of his medals and suspended in 2005 for using performance-enhancing drugs based on evidence gathered in the criminal investigation of the BALCO steroid scandal.”

Graziano cited sources who expect the NFL to determine Gordon’s status for 2017 “by late April or early May.” Gordon will turn 26 on April 13.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
When Philly cut him, it was his wake up call
Gordon has been suspended numerous times by multiple teams and has yet to answer the bell for his wake up call
Carter played in a more flexible system, but had he been suspended the first time we can only speculate how it would have turned out

You know nothing about Gordon.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hey man...i was pounding the table for bringing in J.Gordon three suspensions ago.

Ram65

Legend
Thomas' advantage is his coverage teams ability. It's impressive and gives him a real good shot at the bottom of the roster.

You know, this won't be popular and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I'd try him at safety this year in camp. He has a natural ability to track at full speed and great tackling instincts. Honestly I think the dude could be a very, very good safety and for this season his ability to cover on teams means he probably will still make the roster.

Old post but, I was catching up on the thread. What an interesting idea. If Thomas can't gain confidence in his hands this would be a good idea. I'm not sure he will every can overcome the drops.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, it was 100% not correct. lol.

It was 100% correct. Baylor, Utah, and Cleveland all suspended Gordon. Gordon still hasn't answered the bell for his wake-up call. He'll have his chance this year, but he certainly hasn't done it yet.

I get that you are a fan of the guy, but the facts are the facts with him. Thus far in his life, he's been nothing but talk.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
It was 100% correct. Baylor, Utah, and Cleveland all suspended Gordon. Gordon still hasn't answered the bell for his wake-up call. He'll have his chance this year, but he certainly hasn't done it yet.

I get that you are a fan of the guy, but the facts are the facts with him. Thus far in his life, he's been nothing but talk.

We'll agree to disagree due to the bolded. Futhermore, it's the NFL, where he's only been Suspended by 1 team.

Anything about his collegiate ball has no room in this discussion when we're talking about NFL suspensions and his NFL career.

Thus, not 100% correct on the topic at hand, which is Gordon, the NFL, and Reinstatement to that company.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll agree to disagree due to the bolded. Futhermore, it's the NFL, where he's only been Suspended by 1 team.

Anything about his collegiate ball has no room in this discussion when we're talking about NFL suspensions and his NFL career.

Thus, not 100% correct on the topic at hand, which is Gordon, the NFL, and Reinstatement to that company.

Everything in his past that shows a pattern of behavior is relevant. Dieter pretty clearly was referring to it, so you can't now try to exclude it from this conversation.

There's nothing to agree to disagree over. Gordon hasn't done anything yet. He's still suspended. He hasn't played a game. Until he gets back on the field and stays there, it's all talk. Just like this:
https://the-cauldron.com/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3#.e2ke3r6iq

Thus, it's 100% correct on the topic at hand. You can root for Gordon. You can believe Gordon has turned it around this time. But Gordon hasn't yet answered the bell. He won't have done that until he gets through a full season without being suspended.