Rams WR situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I dunno if that's posturing to increase his value in light of a likely trade or if that's legit.

The Browns HC has already been very public in wanting nothing more to do with him and it's rarely successful to take the analytics to such an extreme that the HC is saddled with players he doesn't want.

So...who knows?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Am I the only one who liked Mike Thomas. Sure he missed one wide open catch and didn't get much playing time but I remember several routes I saw him run and I was thoroughly impressed with the separation he got. Solid special teamer and I feel he has a fit in the system
I love Mike Thomas and I love the tape of him in college on YouTube. He looks big time and his highlights.

The only problem was those big drops of easy catches that seem to plague him.

Remember that was the rap on Julio Jones too.

If MT ever gets over those drops, which is a possibility, he will be big time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Throw rocks at me but I want Anquan Boldin to wear the horns and bring what he has inside himself to our new group of wide recievers. Dude is a one of a kind stud.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19096119/anquan-boldin-says-likely-sign-team-training-camp

Anquan Boldin not looking to sign until training camp approaches
Jamison Hensley/ESPN Staff Writer

i

AP Photo/Paul Sancya

Wide receiver Anquan Boldin reiterated Thursday he will play this season. He's just not in a rush to join a team.

Boldin told CBS Sports he will probably sign closer to training camp, which begins in mid-July. Last season, he signed with the Detroit Lions at the end of July.

"I'm still healthy, still going strong," Boldin said at his charity golf event in his hometown of Pahokee, Florida. "I still have the passion."

Boldin, 36, also said he can play for two or three more seasons. He told ESPN's Jim Trotter last month that he would return for his 15th NFL season.

The Lions and Baltimore Ravens have both expressed interest in Boldin this offseason. Boldin won a Super Bowl with the Ravens in 2012 before being traded to the 49ers.

"I will say this: I do believe he can still play at the highest level," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "His ability and skills are such that he's not going to drop off the edge just because how he plays. I know he loved it in Baltimore. I loved him in Baltimore. I didn't want him to have to leave when it happened. That's just the way things worked out. I'd be for it."

Last season, Boldin produced a career-low 584 yards receiving but scored eight touchdowns for the Lions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Our cap situation right now really has us not signing anybody. I believe we're at just under $3 million for our top 51 plus rookie pool.

Edit: that number doesn't account for Sullivan either.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Looks like were kicking the tires on a late round wr...guy outta Grambling....and kid outta Baylor. I like this...wr's are overrated.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I'm thinking that Ole Miss TE Evan Engram at our 2nd round pick is a perfect match as we MUST fill WR,CB,TE,C in our first 4 picks and maybe if a DL falls. So many needs gang. We need good targets for Jared and we will have so many spots at DB to fill after UFA next season. So glad CB's are so deep and I can't imagine choosing one over another. What scouting energy to break these guys apart? We need a WR like Clemson's Williams on our team. Goff needs his Jack Snow to emerge in practices. Had a feeling Higbee would be Jared's future GO TO starting last season. (Wrong) Think our guy that is perfect for us this season with biggest talent meeting proper ranking and we have our two tight end set McVay always designs for his offenses. GOD Please help our coaches do miracles this season. (Is a prayer Emoji too much to ask for?) Just some praying hands?:yess:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I'm thinking that Ole Miss TE Evan Engram at our 2nd round pick is a perfect match as we MUST fill WR,CB,TE,C

Please no. Do not waste our 2nd Round pick on a TE. Higbee should be serviceable. WR or CB will probably be the 2nd Round pick. Usually a position drafted higher due to talent fall off. 3rd Round could be most likely WR or CB depending on what our 2nd round pick was. Then other picks could be TE/OL/DL/LB/DB.... basically Need/BPA

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Please no. Do not waste our 2nd Round pick on a TE. Higbee should be serviceable. WR or CB will probably be the 2nd Round pick. Usually a position drafted higher due to talent fall off. 3rd Round could be most likely WR or CB depending on what our 2nd round pick was. Then other picks could be TE/OL/DL/LB/DB.... basically Need/BPA

Forgive me I'm really not that impressed with the wonderfull depth players we will have a shot at. Biggest hope is that guy who brings some excitement drops. Don't see that either. So many needs on this team. Quality depth. Need a better true Center. Sullivan is just a tad better than Barnes. Yes but not that much if he is an injury waiting to happen.Long season our OL Health luck and past sux. Need a real WR I don't see others do. WR's take time to. In the Pro's. Need every CB we can get. None blow me away in 2nd round. Many need one in 1st round.Watt could get to our pick. Still would'nt fill my stocking. This draft is not doing it for me. Talent? Yes. Deep? Yes. We're not going to Playoffs this season anyway. If your coach is a TE whisperer? I am glad I like Higbee too. Not happy with Hemingway. Think Evan and Higbee as a combination is what would make me happy. That has real Potential to me. Is Feeney a lock at center? This is a depth draft. CB future yes. With real good coaches there are some players. First round has some big boys I'd grab. Lets get it over with. EH......