Rams WR Mike Thomas Suspended 4 Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Little concerning offseason for the top guys expected to fill that deep threat role. Tavon getting hurt during OTAs and Thomas getting suspended limiting valuable reps with Goff. Additionally a Higbee suspension is probably on the way hopefully not until next season.

On the bright side guys like Reynolds and Everett who IMO are more talented than Higbee and Thomas may get more reps, which will help in the long run. Also it may help Thomas make the final roster since he wont count on the initial final 53 after camp

Shouldn't effect Goff at all. Thomas can still participate in training camp and preseason. And Tavon should be back. Very low chances Higbee gets a suspension too. Tavon missed practice in shorts. No big deal. Goff will get his reps with everyone.

WestCoastRam

Legend
How clean do you guys think the average NFL roster is?? Coaches get mad at their players not for using PEDS... they get mad at them for being stupid enough to get caught in a system that favors them from not getting caught.

The biggest one these days is HGH and the testing for it is piss-poor and favors the players.

You typically run a cycle of steroids in the offseason when testing is way fewer and far between and HGH all year.

Anyone who gets caught these days probably used something other than HGH.

Look, I love football but the hypocrisy of the sport is astounding. Players and coaches regularly cheat whether doing the Bilicheat method or PEDS.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Shouldn't effect Goff at all. Thomas can still participate in training camp and preseason. And Tavon should be back. Very low chances Higbee gets a suspension too. Tavon missed practice in shorts. No big deal. Goff will get his reps with everyone.

He was arrested in April 2016 before the draft. Higbee wasn't in the NFL when he was arrested. I don't think they can suspend him. I imagine Thomas losses some reps at least during the preseason games.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And while there was a little bit of hype surrounding the possibility of Thomas fitting into the mix, it doesn’t even seem worth it after this recent suspension.

At the end of the day, the Rams shouldn’t even consider wasting time on a former sixth-round pick who only caught three passes all of last year as a rookie, and just part ways with Thomas to focus on the other young wideouts with bigger potential.

doesn't seem worth it? wasting time on a young wr?

what is this guy even talking about? i saw plenty of potential in thomas. stupid bloggers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only four games???? The first quarter of the season. They should not waste any more time on him. If he is so unsure of himself that he had to knowingly do something to jeopardize his career he isn't smart enough to take up a roster spot.

I hope McVay makes an example out of him to send a clear message that he won't tolerate this crap.

McVay will tolerate this crap because the vast majority of guys on the team are on PEDs. Thomas was dumb enough to get caught. That's his mistake.

Yea, it's only four games. There are 16 of them. If he can contribute to this team in the other 12 games, he should stay. Just work with him to keep him from getting caught next time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There are not any wrs on this roster that can do what Mike Thomas does....

Then this team, and Goff, are doomed.

Look, I love football but the hypocrisy of the sport is astounding. Players and coaches regularly cheat whether doing the Bilicheat method or PEDS.

Yup and the NFL needs to crack down HARD on it.

He was arrested in April 2016 before the draft. Higbee wasn't in the NFL when he was arrested. I don't think they can suspend him. I imagine Thomas losses some reps at least during the preseason games.

If he declared then they can take action from what I read somewhere.

Wonder if they take away his We not Me tshirt?

This was the best post in the thread and there should be a special award for it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. It's better for everyone that they let these guys use the PEDs.

the same reason the olympics will always make sure they're behind the curve with the lastest enhancement drugs. they'll always put up a patsy like ben johnson but they never want to rid the sports of drugs. imagine what the times would be like without drugs. lord knows what flojo was taking for her(it) to still hold the world record 30 years later.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

No it isn't. Because the guys who decide not to do it are at a disadvantage.

Cheating is bad for the culture. It's also a really terrible thing for sports.

It can turn it into WWE.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No it isn't. Because the guys who decide not to do it are at a disadvantage.

Cheating is bad for the culture. It's also a really terrible thing for sports.

It can turn it into WWE.

It's not turning it into the WWE. That's a ridiculous opinion. Games aren't scripted.

Cheating is bad for the culture. PEDs are not. They're not really cheating when almost the entire league does them. They're necessary to what we desire. We want bigger, faster, and stronger players. PEDs are necessary for that.

However, they aren't just necessary for those reasons. They are necessary for these guys' bodies to recover from the traumas of the game. You don't want a NFL without PEDs.

There are very few guys who decide not to do them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been saying that for years. Regulate it and administer it properly, it aids in recovery and helps heal faster. Much better than pain meds and cortisone shots which are legal but far more dangerous

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Higbee entered a diversion program for an assault charge it almost guaranteed he will get some sort of suspension at some point even if its not this year.

I disagree when you are learning a new offense and with a young QB and young WRs those guys need as many reps as possible together. Developing timing and chemistry between WR and QB is critical and you can only do that with time and reps. Whats the point of giving Thomas heavy reps in camp when he could be at best the 5th WR behind Woods, Tavon, Kupp, and Reynolds when he gets back. Additionally, Tavon is supposed to adjust to this new deep threat role, while learning a new offense, playing with a QB he didn't get a ton of reps with last year with just a few weeks of camp?

On the bright side it seems like the WRs were rotated heavily in the offseason because outside of Woods its nowhere near set in stone who will play alot. Like I said before Thomas' suspension just opens up more reps for Reynolds to play and develop which doesn't hurt because he is the more talented player.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's not turning it into the WWE. That's a ridiculous opinion. Games aren't scripted.

Cheating is bad for the culture. PEDs are not. They're not really cheating when almost the entire league does them. They're necessary to what we desire. We want bigger, faster, and stronger players. PEDs are necessary for that.

However, they aren't just necessary for those reasons. They are necessary for these guys' bodies to recover from the traumas of the game. You don't want a NFL without PEDs.

There are very few guys who decide not to do them.

The WWE was to punctuate the thought.

Anyway no I do not want PED's in the sport, they are bad for the culture, it's another form of cheating and cheating in sports is wrong and bad for the sport. In that way it does resemble the WWE.

Guys who do PED's are cheating regardless of how many guys are doing them because they are against the rules. About half of the players in the league are cheating and I'd like to know how that helps the game. I'm sure the half who aren't doing them would like to know that too LOL.

I don't need bigger faster stronger. That doesn't make the game better.

As far as recovery from the trauma..........the bigger faster stronger is what is causing the trauma.

Notice all the guys with CTE that are blowing their chests open..........all from this steroid era.

They are bad for the game in every way. There isn't a single thing they add to sport.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The rules are in place.
Obey the rules.
Don't obey them, and you get what you get.

I'm sure we all have our own ideas about how the league should operate, and what they should or shouldn't do to improve the game for the players and/or fans; but until the rules are changed, obey the MFing rules for the benefit of the team. It's not quantum physics.