Rams would like Goff to show more leadership (video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Doesn't he have to be a humble learner for some length of time, and develop that respect gradually? That's a fine line you're walking, you don't want to step on any veteran toes. These are some grown ass men he's expected to lead, he will know when to take charge.
Kid hasn't taken one rep in TC and he's already behind the leadership curve? I'm not buying it.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't he have to be a humble learner for some length of time, and develop that respect gradually? That's a fine line you're walking, you don't want to step on any veteran toes. These are some grown ass men he's expected to lead, he will know when to take charge.
Kid hasn't taken one rep in TC and he's already behind the leadership curve? I'm not buying it.

I hear you crystal clear Poway.... the 21 year old diaper dandy isn't going to flex his muscles and scream in the huddle like he's the man until he knows what the hell he's doing... Media wants to drum up some early hype and challenge Goff from behind their microphones.

When Goff's ready and his fire lights up, he will take the reins and not look back for the next 12 to 15 years..

fgar.0.gif

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I hear you crystal clear Poway.... the 21 year old diaper dandy isn't going to flex his muscles and scream in the huddle like he's the man until he knows what the hell he's doing... Media wants to drum up some early hype and challenge Goff from behind their microphones.

When Goff's ready and his fire lights up, he will take the reins and not look back for the next 12 to 15 years..

fgar.0.gif

Hmmm, I'm guessing JG's quote is something like: "...something, something's soul, bitch."

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Man, I wish someone else other than Wyche was covering the Rams for training camp. He made his lame opinions clear during OTAs and basically started the whole "Jared Goff is struggling." Now he's throwing this nonsense out there. Even if Goff is making a few mistakes, give us some real reporting and not just headline garbage.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It was obvious that wasn't his personality type when they drafted him. It was also very clear in the interviews with him and all connected whether teammates or coaches. Lets get rolling a bit before we get so critical. If his TD to Int ratio holds up, he hits open guys and makes sound decisions this will be only a training camp squawking point......

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't expect Goff to take much control. He is a rookie, learning a new offense, and will make mistakes but you will see the flashes of what he can become.This is Gurley's offense at the moment. Still expect a 10-6 record.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Sooner he takes on that role, the better.

This offense needs leaders. They haven't had one since SJ left.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Seriously? Are you flippin' kidding me?
I've always banged on Wagoner, but this is beyond stupid. A 21 year old rookie with a whopping 2 weeks of OTA's under his belt, should be showing more leadership?

:headexplosion:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Love how analysts talk 10 win seasons with Denver and their garbage collection of QBs because of their defense then turn around and talk about the Rams like they have no chance to get it together with a rook at the helm.

It's about the defense and the run game-centric offense complementing it. We don't need the GSoT to have a playoff season.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
That was about as generic of a report as they come

giphy.gif

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I don't expect Goff to take much control. He is a rookie, learning a new offense, and will make mistakes but you will see the flashes of what he can become.This is Gurley's offense at the moment. Still expect a 10-6 record.
Kill joy. They are going 11-5.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That was about as generic of a report as they come

giphy.gif
Right? No source. Nothing said about leadership. Did i click the right link? Short fluff piece speculating on nothing. TC hasn't even opened.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Right? No source. Nothing said about leadership. Did i click the right link? Short fluff piece speculating on nothing. TC hasn't even opened.
Agree 2,000%...What in hell is he expecting at this point...I'm pretty sure the vets would set him straight if he tried to take over in his infancy...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
All I heard that prick say was that they expect him to take "control of the offense" or something. K, maybe give the kid five flippin' minutes to LEARN the offense ya spaz (Wyche that is). Is he sposda start flappin his gums and directing people in all the wrong places just to show "leadership"?? Nothing to see here.....

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
From day one, he said he would keep his head down, and earn their respect. He doesn't believe in demanding respect not earned.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I think he's a bust. Hasn't thrown a TD pass yet either and heck the Rams haven't won a game yet!