Rams Working out Deone Buccannon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Dont have a link just got a tweet on my phone that they are working him out today. First ive heard of any intrest in this guy.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Would LOVE to pick him up in the 2nd round!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I think the guys underated hes got all the tools to play either saftey position good size speed combo.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams would like to draft a safety later rather than in the first. From a lot of the info out there that the top two safeties should really be in the 2nd round area, I'm glad.

V3

Hall of Fame
I've watched him a couple of times and just wasn't impressed. Nothing seemed to jump out to me about his game. This is the second time I've heard the Rams have contacted Buccannon. I guess I'll have to try watching him again.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Will need to trade back into Rd 1 (late) to get him

My Mock:

1.2) Robinson
1.8) Donald
1.30) Bucannon

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Will need to trade back into Rd 1 (late) to get him

My Mock:

1.2) Robinson
1.8) Donald
1.30) Bucannon
Love the selections, if not the place at which they were selected. What do you expect to give up to move from 13 to 8 and from 44 to 30?

V3

Hall of Fame

I see a SS- not a FS. I know Fisher likes to say he wants both of his safeties to be interchangeable but I hate that philosophy. Sure, everyone would love for their backend to be that versatile but that's MUCH easier said than done. It's much easier to find a guy who's great at run D and one guy who's great at pass D and to just put them in situations where they can excel.

When I watch him I see a guy that has very good size but is very stiff, poor at change of direction, good hands, can really lay the wood but often completely whiffs, and loses sight of the ball carrier more than I'd like. He seems like a 3rd or 4th round pick to me.

I don't want a second SS back there. I think someone here said in another thread that some site compared him to Craig Dahl. YIKES!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is something to keep an eye on. Kept it under wraps for a reason imo.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I

I see a SS- not a FS. I know Fisher likes to say he wants both of his safeties to be interchangeable but I hate that philosophy. Sure, everyone would love for their backend to be that versatile but that's MUCH easier said than done. It's much easier to find a guy who's great at run D and one guy who's great at pass D and to just put them in situations where they can excel.

When I watch him I see a guy that has very good size but is very stiff, poor at change of direction, good hands, can really lay the wood but often completely whiffs, and loses sight of the ball carrier more than I'd like. He seems like a 3rd or 4th round pick to me.

I don't want a second SS back there. I think someone here said in another thread that some site compared him to Craig Dahl. YIKES!

think giving & receiving 3rds is do ble. Might need to give a 5th also to move up

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wow. I sure don't see it with him. Give me Ed Reynolds any day.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Funny. Early on he was projected as a third rounder. I'm just not sold on his coverage abilities. If anyone really thought TJ was a coverage liability, I can't imagine this kid being better in that aspect.

FRO

Legend
If they want their safeties to be interchangeable he is their guy. He is a lot like McDonald. Big and athletic. He was very productive in college. To me he is TJ McDonald 2.0.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If they want their safeties to be interchangeable he is their guy. He is a lot like McDonald. Big and athletic. He was very productive in college. To me he is TJ McDonald 2.0.
I didn't watch WSU much (no one did) except when they played Oregon and maybe one other time. But the knock I have heard repeatedly is his coverage skills. Unlike TJ, I don't know why that would be.

COMPARES TO: Craig Dahl, San Francisco 49ers
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He had the highest SPARQ scores of all the top safeties......once again, I think Snead puts entirely too much emphasis on SPARQ scores.

V3

Hall of Fame
Funny. Early on he was projected as a third rounder. I'm just not sold on his coverage abilities. If anyone really thought TJ was a coverage liability, I can't imagine this kid being better in that aspect.

I liked McD better as a prospect than I do Buccannon. To me, they're very similar which isn't a good thing, in my opinion, and by that I mean the Rams need a FS, not another SS.