Rams will trade up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ausmurp

Starter
I think there is a very good chance we trade up. We got an extra second rd pick next yr in Foles trade but the coaches have to win this yr. They'll use that pick to trade up a few slots. In this scenario, Scherff, Parker, and possibly White would be there. I'm pegging us in at 7. I think we get Scherff. You heard it here first.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Im getting draft day jitters already. Don't know how those guys hold their nerve (I guess some don't). All off-season I've been banging the drum for Cooper, White, Scherff or Parker. Now on draft day I want us to make a real play for Marcus Mariota. I'm just getting visions of us having a 6ft 4 version of Russell Wilson quarterbacking us....

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Dunno, I'm just not feeling a trade up. I think #10 is the prime spot where you see if something unexpected happens with the early picks and then scoop up the elite guy that somehow falls after the dust settles.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope if we trade up its for cooper
Yeah... generally, I wouldn't trade up for a lineman... only a "skill player".

But... somewhere on the board, there was a mention that the Rams believed there were only 7 "elite" players this year. Can't recall if a lineman was one of those seven... but, if there is one (a lineman), then I say take that man.

It'd satisfy BPA and need.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just don't like the idea of us getting nervous because of need, and not getting the BPA! That would be a huge mistake!
For instance I wouldn't trade up to get Peat, Like the Rams did, at Last nights pre draft party, in the mock draft their! they could have stayed put and got him at 10!
a stupid upward move!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I just don't like the idea of us getting nervous because of need, and not getting the BPA! That would be a huge mistake!
For instance I wouldn't trade up to get Peat, Like the Rams did, at Last nights pre draft party, in the mock draft their! they could have stayed put and got him at 10!
a stupid upward move!

Yeah that's not too smart. I hope it wasn't Les Snead running the show at the draft party last night??? Or if so he's seriously smoke-screening....

from way it looks dont think wr is a priority

I agree I don't think its a "priority" in the same way OL is - but Cooper is arguably a transcendental player in a position that could be upgraded. I'd make a deal to go up to 6 or 7 to get him before the Giants for example, if he's not taken by Oakland already. I'd give up our 3rd for the privilege. Don't know if that would be enough.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Nah, according to Coach O's posts, Kara Henderson Snead (emcee) was a little ticked off by the move and even said to Les, "We could just stay there and have Peat, right?". These are fan-driven. There are (in this case) 10 tables , up to and including the Rams pick - and you have a live draft. You decide as a table who to draft and then they talk about it a bit. I've been to these events before and you're not supposed to pull off trades...

A55VA6

Legend
I think the Rams trade back, and then trade up into the 1st round.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
Who do you think we get?
From what I've heard, Dolphins want Parker and Rams really like Flowers.. so I could see that trade happening. As for who we would trade up for in the late 1st round, I have no idea. lol

Moostache

Rookie
If the Rams were going to go QB in round 1, that's the only trade up scenario I would be OK with. Trading up for anything else is insanity when you have 40% of an O-Line in place. They need to find no fewer than 3-starter level OL players and STILL need to hit FAs and later roster cuts to fill out a functional gameday O-line. That is just the numbers.

I don't care if you have Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Issac Bruce and Marshall Faulk on the field, with no O-line, you are going to lose more than win as those guys all end up hurt one-by-one.

I am firmly in the camp of getting as much O-line help as possible in this draft, and the best way to do that might just be trading down and almost surely not trading up, but then again, I would not have traded up for Tavon Austin either...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lets see how we do this....
https://twitter.com/BobHoltzmanESPN

Some youngsta help a brother out with the tweet, then explain how you did it...Where's @RamsBill ?

BobHoltzmanESPN