Rams will interview 49ers OC Greg Roman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Roman runs the offense that Fisher wants. He wants a grind it out power run scheme. For those of you wanting a Martz type, it won't happen with Fisher. Fisher wants to win by pounding the rock and playing good defense. We have the defense part down, we are a good offensive line away from being able to consistently run the ball. That has to be addressed this year.

Roman knows the division well. I think he ends up being our OC. 49er fans hate him. It's funny how hated OCs are around the league by fan bases. It's also funny how many OCs look like geniuses when they have Brady, Manning, or Rodgers as QBs. It all goes to personnel. We have to improve up front and at the QB position.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2889r1d.gif
You Dah Dah Doon't Sa Say!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, the 49ers suffered many injuries along the offensive line and although they thought they had playmakers at WR they truly were suffering from vertical congestion. They did not have a WR that could stretch the field plus Frank Gore was getting old and Carlos Hyde was a disappointment.

God I sound like a Georgia Bulldog fan!

Yeah, Crabtree is overrated Brandon and Anquan are older and slower and the rest just aren't good. That team really didn't seem to play the same this year with all of the internal strife. Stuff like that can affect an entire team.

Simba

Rookie
I konw just he made come true our dreams as whiners' OC.Please let's stay far away from him!!!!!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's funny how hated OCs are around the league by fan bases. It's also funny how many OCs look like geniuses when they have Brady, Manning, or Rodgers as QBs. It all goes to personnel. We have to improve up front and at the QB position.

Very true few offensive coordinators are well liked where ever they go like Norv Turner and even Scott Linehan for examples both have proven to not be very good Head Coaches, but are excellent offensive coordinators. There are more defensive coordinators that seem to be well liked around the league.

As to Roman getting the gig I could see it, but I could see a few others that will get interviews like Kyle Shanahan for example. Kyle's father Mike Shanahan might just get a Head Coaching opportunity, in fact, I don't see how he can miss in Oakland and it will be interesting to see if Kyle reunites with his father again as he tried to make his own name when he accepted the job with the Browns.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His offense was anemic this past season much like ours was.
I think you are dead on. We need points, points and more points if we are ever even going to get a sniff of winning 8 games or more. I think the running game first mentality was great back in the Chuck Knox era, but in 2015, not having a great passing game is like having a fax machine instead of e-mail. We gotta get with the times for goodness sake! Opposing D will just stack 8 in the box because we don't have a mobil QB and won't have to worry about outside containment. 3rd and 8, down by 10 with 6 minutes to go and the all predictable "draw play" for 2 yards and then having to punt or try a fake punt is driving me mad with no passing game!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't mind matching the rest of the NFC West Defense for Defense but don't understand the desire to match them conservative offense for conservative offense. Lets turn it up a notch, create mismatches and give them something they have to prepare for outside the box. It is time to set the trend in the west and not run with the pack.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd take him over Shannahan any day. His style is a better fit for the way this team is built. He may get Bradford playing the way Alex Smith was, and Bradford could easily surpass that.

FRO

Legend
I'd take him over Shannahan any day. His style is a better fit for the way this team is built. He may get Bradford playing the way Alex Smith was, and Bradford could easily surpass that.
Shanahan could get Bradford to match Schaub at his peak.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The difference between Schotty and Roman is that Roman has actually coordinated a strong offense that can score points. Tired of people trying to draw parallels between the two, let it go ffs.

As to Roman, I have one concern: how much of an influence did Harbaugh have? Is Roman a pedestrian OC who was supplemented by a very good offensive mind in Harbaugh? Or was Roman what I at least thought he was: a strong OC who schemes well and maintains balance with good situational play calling.

That worries me a bit. But all these guys do have some questions. Chud is probably the guy I worry about least, if he were to be brought in. Martz too but he's not really an option or Fish would have interviewed him already.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[I'd think people would have legitimate concerns with hiring an OC who ranked in the bottom of the league in pass attempts and passing yards the past 4 years. If the objective is to lead the league in rushing and rushing attempts, then okay. Hire the guy. But we don't have a running QB who is always between 29th and 32nd in the league in passing attempts and yards, nor do we run a zone-read offense, so a passing offense isn't something we'd be trotting out with him as OC. Why draft and sign all these receivers if the plan is to just pound the rock all day long?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looks like Roman is heading to Buffalo.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Why you would not pass in a pass rules happy NFL makes no sense.