Rams: West Virginia receivers on different paths (PFF bullcrap)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I compared Austin to Hakim a month before they were drafted. BTW, he was lucky not to lose two punt return fumbles against the Raiders. It wasn't until they were drafted I compared Bailey to Steve Smith. It's his ultra competitive nature that sets him apart from more athletic players. In that way, I agree with your Ike Bruce reference.
I watched the returns you mentioned and the one Tavon wasn't given space to catch the ball! Interference wasn't called!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My only qualm with Austin is that he uses too much lateral movement (dance) from the get go instead of just using his natural burst up field, but in the open field he’s a pleasure to watch. Like JonRam99 said, when you watch the WV tape on Bailey you could just see the pure WR instincts jump off the screen at you screaming "that there is the real deal"! They'll continue to have great and long careers playing alongside each other. Should be fun!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Meh.. PFF bullcrap but figured I'd throw it out there to fuel some Tavon support against these guys. Obviously big improvement need made to magnify his skill sets but I really get pissed at these "advanced analytics" they use to try and grade every player in their own little microcosm like there's not a ton of outside variables effecting these stats. w/e bradford comes back and Tavon will be a different man. suck on it PFF. But Bailey is a freaking beast hands down and I expected him to be a clutch receiver since day one.
I like this^! And I've always thought that in the Long run Bailey would turn out to be the Steal of the Century!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Tavon will ever live up to his draft position, if you get drafted top 10 you should be a 1,000 yard a year guy, not the 4th best WR on the team guy, at the moment Tavon is a very expensive mistake. Would love for him to prove me wrong.

Just because he doesn't have the stats doesn't mean he's not helping the rams put points on the board. There's plenty of examples where the other team is focusing on him, making other guys open to make big plays. Just last game half the Raiders d ran towards tavon leaving the field open for mason to scoot down the sideline for a score.