Rams Were Willing To Move Up To #6 For Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the Browns want to do is swap the no. 6 pick for a later selection in the first round and another selection in the second. At 2:30, such a deal is already in place. The St. Louis Rams are willing to surrender the 16th overall pick and their second-round selection (plus a throw-in seventh-rounder) to move up to no. 6. However, the agreement has caveats. The Browns will agree to the deal only if Mingo is no longer available at no. 6, and the Rams will make the swap only if the specific guy they want (dynamic West Virginia WR Tavon Austin) is still there at no. 6. Everything depends on Mingo being gone and Austin sticking around, which is impossible to anticipate this far in advance.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9255454/chuck-klosterman-draft-day-cleveland

so they gave pretty much the same deal they gave to buffulo except the browns wouldn't have to swap the 3rd rounders.

man they must love austin. i'm pretty sure we all loved him but not moving up to #6 loved him. i guess if we knew they would trade down from #22 and still get their guy plus picks we wouldn't have been so shocked when they moved up to take austin. not that i was sad when they did it, i was thrilled to get austin.