Rams welcoming Foles into the fold as preseason progresses/FSMW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams welcoming Foles into the fold as preseason progresses
Elisabeth Meinecke
FOX Sports Midwest

http://www.foxsports.com/midwest/st...-into-the-fold-as-preseason-progresses-042815

ST. LOUIS -- In their pre-draft press conference Tuesday at Rams Park, general manager Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher included several updates about personnel already wearing the blue and gold, including quarterback Nick Foles, acquired this offseason from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for Sam Bradford.

"We're very excited about what we've seen here in the last week and a half with Nick and what he's done in the offseason program," Fisher said. "I think we're better at the position. We're healthy right now and there's some good things ahead as far as that's concerned."

The Rams' offseason program started April 20 and had 100 percent attendance, according to Fisher. He said Foles was right in the middle of it, and excited about meeting all the younger players. He's also had some sessions throwing the ball with the guys; the offseason program gives offensive players permission to do so without the coaches on the field.

"Nick's reports are that those sessions have been great," Fisher said. "He's had three or four sessions with the guys."

Fisher also confirmed the Rams are still interested in bringing back offensive tackle Joe Barksdale, who's been exploring the free-agent market.

"He played some good football for us," Fisher said.

Fisher also sounded positive about the progress being made by wide receiver Brian Quick, whose 2014 season was cut short last October with a torn rotator cuff and separated shoulder.

"I saw Brian this morning, and he's very, very encouraged," Fisher said. "From a timing standpoint, it's camp, it's OTAs potentially, with protection, but I don't think there's gonna be an issue with him missing -- at this point -- with him missing much time in camp."

"We've got a basketball gym back there, that, about a month or two ago, I saw him dunk a basketball," Snead chimed in.

"You might not like that, coach," he added to Fisher.

"With his other arm," Fisher clarified.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Thanks for the update. Great news to hear that Foles is in with the WR's and trying to get some timing down with the guys and getting to know how they run and break out of there routes. Also good to hear that Quick is progressing. He really started to come along last year. Hopefully he picks up right where he left off.

MrMotes

Starter
I think pretty much any QB playing in Chip Kelly's offense will have a better season than pretty much any QB playing in a Fisher/Cignetti offense but i'm not at all convinced Bradford will be playing for the Eagles this year (whether due to injury or trade). So, yes, very good chance Foles this season >Bradford this season...