Rams Website Why so far behind?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every pro team should have a chunk of change built in to their budge for advertising maybe they just have not gotten enough bad feedback to think it is worth the effort?

I wonder how the Rams site stacks up to the other NFL sites?

And I agree... really no excuse for not having the official site for the team up-to-date. But I have also noticed over the years that it is slow with updates.

Kinda wierd... and disappointing.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Honestly, it could be static, it could be database driven. Whenever I write something I prefer to create dynamic database driven content along with a screen that people can maintain the data themselves.

Having been a programmer for a long time, and ouch this is how old I am, I've seen memory tables maintained in assembler :) Needless to say over the years, I've learned to despise hard coded or programmer maintained content.

But in the end the web is what it is and to each their own, the how is less important than their own policy or procedure for publishing updates.

Anyway, looking at the Rams web page, it really is nothing more than a marketing tool, and so yes as someone already mentioned, that's just bad marketing, the onus is on them and there is no excuse considering the purpose of the application.

Sorry, end of rant.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to get this done, or a huge team, I get it done for a number of clients and have done for years, even if you start off not knowing the subject, within a coupe of weeks you're up to speed...

Fully agree - never done this professionally. I did run several guild websites for WoW years ago...updateing rosters, leasdership, raid teams, DKP, etc. Generally updated it within 24 hours and that was a hobby. I also agree with those that said this information should be quickly available. The rams basicly release the information to outside groups (media) and most things to be posted would either be in that or on NFL websites or affiliates.

Alan

Legend
I'd like it to look like this:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/03/04/2015-depth-charts-st-louis-rams/
STL-DC.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My guess is they haven't assigned anyone to be devoted to the site. Someone who's top priority is the maintain it daily and keep up with all news Rams related. Its probably someone in the organization who has a different job, but takes a little time to occasionally maintain it. I guess its not a priority.

I browse the Dodgers and Giants websites and they always update theirs. The consider it a valuable marketing tool for their franchises. I would have to wonder if the plan is to keep it low profile until they move the LA? Then launch a new website with all up to the minute news?

Don't mean to stir the LA pot but its something to ponder.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
just an update to this thread..... The Rams website (stlouisrams.com) has updated the roster. While its not complete yet, (they haven't added all of the UDFA's) I thought some might like seeing the numbers which have been assigned to some of the UDFA's

#8 Tyler Slavin WR
#15 Bradley Marquez WR
#35 Jay Hughes DB
#39 Malcolm Brown RB
#41 Terrance Franks RB
#43 Jacob Hagen DB
#45D Imoan Claiborne DB
#45O Zach Laskey RB
#62 Louis Trinca-Pasat DT
#63 Darrell Williams OT
#84 Tyler Ott LS
#92 Matt Longacre

That leaves SIX players who have not been assigned numbers, or at least havent been updated on the website.
Isiah Ferguson WR
Daniel Rodriguez WR
David Wang C
Cameron Lynch LB
Keshaun Malone LB
Montell Garner DB

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
just an update to this thread..... The Rams website (stlouisrams.com) has updated the roster. While its not complete yet, (they haven't added all of the UDFA's) I thought some might lke seeing the numbers which have been assigned to some fo the UDFA's

#8 Tyler Slavin WR
#15 Bradley Marquez WR
#35 Jay Hughes DB
#39 Malcolm Brown RB
#41 Terrance Franks RB
#43 Jacob Hagen DB
#45D Imoan Claiborne DB
#45O Zach Laskey RB
#62 Louis Trinca-Pasat DT
#63 Darrell Williams OT
#84 Tyler Ott LS
#92 Matt Longacre

That leaves SIX players who have not been assigned numbers, or at least havent been updated on the website.
Isiah Ferguson WR
Daniel Rodriguez WR
David Wang C
Cameron Lynch LB
Keshaun Malone LB
Montell Garner DB
Thanks for the up-date Coach!