Rams Website Why so far behind?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now I realize that the website can't keep up with everything and I am not naive enough to request photos of all the players and all the UDFA's as well because they come and go at such a rapid place. And I also understand that it will be up to date when training camp is in full bloom, but we also know the depth chart never is.

But my simple request to you fine gentlemen who are far more technologically savvy than I as to why is Chris Weinke not listed as the quarterback coach when you go to the site and look at the coaches? I understand they might be waiting on his "official" coaches photo, which IMO, should not be that hard to take, right? I mean it's not like they take their photo in a suit and tie like during the Spagnolo's days.

But I will never understand why the site is not up to date in that capacity and I also realize that maybe they figure there are other sites that have the information like ourlads, but isn't it the goal to get as many hits as you can? And maybe the focus for the website is more flash with photos and interviews and things of that nature and I get it with today's social media, but I'm not asking for all the UDRFA's on the roster too I'm asking why in the hell can't you put your new quarterback coach and his bio on your coaching page? Is it really that hard?

One would surmise that Weinke has been at Rams park for the recent rookie orientation, correct? I hope he had time to work with Sean Mannion, but you can't call him over after practice and say hey Chris, smile...Thanks! Sorry Gentlemen I'm off today because the landscapers are coming and I already have my workout in so before I enter into the abyss of working from home had to wonder why the website never meets expectations let alone exceed them.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've been thinking the same thing recently, I don't always trust other sites for information, I like getting it from the horses mouth etc.

There is bound to be a "webmaster" for the site, someone that can do the updates at least in a 24 hour window - I have to do it for my clients, sometimes within an hour - with regards to the pic I would imagine that they would have a room set up for headshots, again something that can be done very quickly and with digital cameras these days you can get a monkey to take the picture...

So Rams, if you need someone to update your website drop me a line on studio@.... ;)

Stel

Starter
For whatever reason, the official Rams site has never been that good with timely info. Seems to me that, from a marketing standpoint, you'd want your website to be THE place everyone went first for Rams news. Take Weinke for instance. If I were running the marketing arm of the Rams, he would have been added to the coach list the same day his hiring was announced (or at least as soon as his contract was signed) and the announcement itself put in the Rams news feed.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
For whatever reason, the official Rams site has never been that good with timely info. Seems to me that, from a marketing standpoint, you'd want your website to be THE place everyone went first for Rams news. Take Weinke for instance. If I were running the marketing arm of the Rams, he would have been added to the coach list the same day his hiring was announced (or at least as soon as his contract was signed) and the announcement itself put in the Rams news feed.
Definitely, you want Rams Q&As and stuff. Meet the new guy, a bit of fun even. They need to treat us, the fans, as part of the organisation The sad part is, I've stopped going onto the rams site for news - how bad is that!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The sad part is, I've stopped going onto the rams site for news - how bad is that!

And for the most part I'm fine with that because we are going to get information first from some other source, however, the basics IMO should always be on the site. The Coaching Staff the roster including UDFA's and once training camp begins an updated depth chart, but it seems that most sites in all the sports don't update it instantaneously when they add a positional coach to the coaching staff. Now DC's & OC's are updated much quicker, but I guess that is the nature of the beast.

If you truly want the coaching staff updated immediately you best bet is to have a total change to the staff they usually are very quick when the whole staff is changed.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
You know what I missed this year? The written transcripts of the conference calls with the rookies after they got drafted. I'm sure they were always on the official site in past years. Anyone got a link to those?

I know they put vids up and stuff but I read a lot of rams news on my breaks at work on my phone - can't always watch vids.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
And for the most part I'm fine with that because we are going to get information first from some other source, however, the basics IMO should always be on the site. The Coaching Staff the roster including UDFA's and once training camp begins an updated depth chart, but it seems that most sites in all the sports don't update it instantaneously when they add a positional coach to the coaching staff. Now DC's & OC's are updated much quicker, but I guess that is the nature of the beast.

If you truly want the coaching staff updated immediately you best bet is to have a total change to the staff they usually are very quick when the whole staff is changed.
It's just a shame that we just can't go to the rams site and get the latest info -especially info on the UDFAs etc, ok so they won't stick around but it's good to put a face to the player.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
To be honest, I have never used the Rams site for Rams info. It is just too slow. If I want anything Rams related, I come here because I know that if their is ever anything about the Rams in the media, I know one of the posters here will be on it in a flash.

Stel

Starter
To be honest, I have never used the Rams site for Rams info. It is just too slow. If I want anything Rams related, I come here because I know that if their is ever anything about the Rams in the media, I know one of the posters here will be on it in a flash.

And that is poor marketing.

Good marketing would be to set the site up to attract hits. Make it the place every Rams fan goes first for news about the team. Just doesn't seem like it would be that hard. Burst email announcements to everyone who signs up telling them FIRST about signings, releases, trades, etc. We shouldn't have to hear it from some national blogger.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It is apparent that the organization just doesn't put much into it. There are bazillions of people who can build and run a top notch website. And with all the fresh material coming out of the draft using "offseason" as an excuse doesn't cut it either.

Every pro team should have a chunk of change built in to their budge for advertising maybe they just have not gotten enough bad feedback to think it is worth the effort?

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
And that is poor marketing.

Good marketing would be to set the site up to attract hits. Make it the place every Rams fan goes first for news about the team. Just doesn't seem like it would be that hard. Burst email announcements to everyone who signs up telling them FIRST about signings, releases, trades, etc. We shouldn't have to hear it from some national blogger.

Especially for someone like me who resides overseas. If they want to expand their market reach, they must engage with the consumer.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
It is apparent that the organization just doesn't put much into it. There are bazillions of people who can build and run a top notch website. And with all the fresh material coming out of the draft using "offseason" as an excuse doesn't cut it either.

Every pro team should have a chunk of change built in to their budge for advertising maybe they just have not gotten enough bad feedback to think it is worth the effort?

Yeah, I do not understand why they do not have one person that has that as their main job. One guy at $50K should be able to keep it up to date with no more than 1 day lag.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The rams are one of the worst in the league with this. I frequent other sites to check stats, info, etc and they are usually up to date. The rams site can be weeks sometimes months delayed. It's rediculous. Especially the roster and depth chart information.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Even their message board is un-moderated (is that a word?) and you can't login with Mozilla unless you turn onall the cookies. Big ooops

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I do not understand why they do not have one person that has that as their main job. One guy at $50K should be able to keep it up to date with no more than 1 day lag.
Heck, all they need is a policy to efficiently share that information with the company that maintains their site.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for contributing again I never really have trusted the site for anything, however, IMO, they should at the very minimum have the coaching staff and roster up to date and when it comes to the roster, I don't like how the break down the positions either. Some guys are listed as "CB'S" and some as "DB'S" if they are a combination then list them as "CB/S" and they list Bryce Hager now as a "ILB" Rams don't run a 3-4 so he's really an MLB.

Common sense, but IMO, they need somebody who actually knows how to maintain the site and another person who actually maybe has picked up football once in their lives.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly havent been on the Rams website since they shut the message board down like 10 years ago.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thank you all for contributing again I never really have trusted the site for anything, however, IMO, they should at the very minimum have the coaching staff and roster up to date and when it comes to the roster, I don't like how the break down the positions either. Some guys are listed as "CB'S" and some as "DB'S" if they are a combination then list them as "CB/S" and they list Bryce Hager now as a "ILB" Rams don't run a 3-4 so he's really an MLB.

Common sense, but IMO, they need somebody who actually knows how to maintain the site and another person who actually maybe has picked up football once in their lives.

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to get this done, or a huge team, I get it done for a number of clients and have done for years, even if you start off not knowing the subject, within a coupe of weeks you're up to speed...