Rams waive Aaron Neary, two others with injury settlements

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_11182028.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 30 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Rams made a few roster moves on Tuesday, waiving three players with injury settlements. They parted ways with Aaron Neary, Dominique Hatfield and Trevon Young.

Hatfield and Young were waived with injury designations when final cuts were made, and after passing through waivers, they reverted to IR. Neary was placed on the reserve/suspended list before Week 1 due to the four-game suspension he was handed this offseason.

Neary had suffered a significant ankle injury anyway and was deemed out indefinitely. So even after his suspension ended, he wasn’t likely to contribute any time soon, if at all. Young and Hatfield were already out for the season after landing on IR.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Los Angeles Rams waive CB Dominique Hatfield, OL Aaron Neary, LB Trevon Young with injury settlements

Some Tuesday roster housekeeping as the Rams prepare for New Orleans.

Okay I would guess that the fully healthy non suspended ex Cards interior OL'er Coleman Shelton is looking good in Kromer's outside zone blocking scheme. I would include OL'ers Jeremiah Kolone & Chandler Brewer too. You could also add in the other 3 non starters too with Edwards/ Evans & Demby. Thats six reserve OL'ers behind the starting five.

Never know Aaron Neary has been terminated FIVE times before by Kromer.;)

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Los Angeles Rams waive CB Dominique Hatfield, OL Aaron Neary, LB Trevon Young with injury settlements

Some Tuesday roster housekeeping as the Rams prepare for New Orleans.

Okay I would guess that the fully healthy non suspended ex Cards interior OL'er Coleman Shelton is looking good in Kromer's outside zone blocking scheme. I would include OL'ers Jeremiah Kolone & Chandler Brewer too. You could also add in the other 3 non starters too with Edwards/ Evans & Demby. Thats six reserve OL'ers behind the starting five.

Never know Aaron Neary has been terminated FIVE times before by Kromer.;)

Interesting pick up of Shelton ?? Who was the Center from Washington The Rams fans were so high on 2-3 years ago ??

Yeah - Kromer is grooming a nice group of young O”lineman. With Whitworth just about retired & the question about Austin Blythe moving forward. This will help provide a salary cap break.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They must feel ok at Oline

With the injuries none of them were going to play any time soon. Let them go, give them a chance to play elsewhere, maybe save a few bucks, and focus on bringing in players who realistically might help.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With the injuries none of them were going to play any time soon. Let them go, give them a chance to play elsewhere, maybe save a few bucks, and focus on bringing in players who realistically might help.
That's true but I do not see much out there for DE Young he can not stay healthy. Hatfield only chance in the NFL is @ dime back not that good in the Nickel either.

Interior OL'er Arron Neary might fit in somewhere due to the importance of OL'ers who have some experience but only in a Zone Blocking Scheme.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to them. Hopefully they can find teams to play on.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah - Kromer is grooming a nice group of young O”lineman. With Whitworth just about retired & the question about Austin Blythe moving forward. This will help provide a salary cap break.

Let's hope you're right, feel good about Edwards, not seen enough of Shelton, but I would like to see him in a Ram uniform on their website and I have to get used to him being Coleman not Cameron. Demby at Guard should be okay, just not anywhere else and Bobby Evans is still a work in progress.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I for one am glad to see Dominique Hatfield released, he just could not cover anyone and always was beaten for a TD. Aaron Neary always struggled with the bull rush and I'm pleased to move onto someone else in Coleman Shelton and Trevon Young had some moments, but not enough.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I for one will not miss any of these guys, especially Neary.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I presume this means they really like Shelton. Best of luck to all of them and thanks for the time in horns.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Let's hope you're right, feel good about Edwards, not seen enough of Shelton, but I would like to see him in a Ram uniform on their website and I have to get used to him being Coleman not Cameron. Demby at Guard should be okay, just not anywhere else and Bobby Evans is still a work in progress.

Well here we go getting a chance to see a backup offensive lineman for about the first since Kromer has been coaching. Watched the replay last night Austin Blythe looked badly??