Rams Wade Defense is no side show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
As impressed as I am about our offense....& I am elated:yay:........... this Wade "D" is still no side show.

This "D" makes just as big plays as this offense does. The D'Line with Brockers/Donald are playing Pro Bowl level ball but our Lb'ers of Barwin, Barron & Ogletree are just too much talent for an Offense to control through out a ball game. Contain one another strikes the offense & shuts it down. All three of these LB'ers leading the team in tackles, Barron & Tree are #1 & #2 & Barwin is #5. Barwin leads the LB'ers with 4 sacks & reserve LB'er Longacre has 4 sacks also along with a FF.

Between Baron & Tree there are sacks, FF & INT's to impress. Keeping play-maker LB'er Cory Littleton to having to make due with ST action. Finally we saw great burst of rookie Samson Ebukam in action who was fast to arrive but needs to learn to wrap too. But LB'er Ebukam is lightning in a bottle.

Not sure how these divisional leading teams who will play us shortly (Vikings/ Saints/Eagles) feel but I would be concerned how to deal with this Wade "D". I still don't think this defense has played up to its best yet.

nighttrain

Legend
BonifayRam,
love what the D is doing, but it has to start better against the run. This slow starting stuff is going to hurt us badly against the better teams that we are going to face for the next several games
train

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BonifayRam,
love what the D is doing, but it has to start better against the run. This slow starting stuff is going to hurt us badly against the better teams that we are going to face for the next several games
train

This. We're going to play a team this week that will try hard to establish the run. If not for the forced fumbles yesterday, the Giants would have scored more on our D. Have to be ready.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I love our team and I love the timely turnovers, BUT I'm still a little concerned about our running D, especially during the opening drives of our adversaries. I understand Wade likes to get a feel for an opposing team's offensive game plan, but I'd feel much more comfortable if we could just stop the run from the get, and force the QB to pass.

I fear good teams like the Eagles could expose this approach and quickly get up on us, while we refocus our adjustments on stopping something that could've been enforced sooner...

But make no mistake, I love where we are. Just want our D to tighten on running plays.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol Wow just shared the same EXACT thoughts man
BonifayRam,
train

Good points guys ....but think on it it does seem to me that this is the case each & every game we have played this season with Wade's"D":whistle:. Or am I wrong?

Seems that as the game progresses the opponents run game drys up in a shriveled lump. The Skins game was the only game where this D was unable to stop the run in the end. @ that time the Skins OL beat up & worn down our front seven with superior OL talent.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
We finally have coaches that are able to make adjustments during the game. This is what has made this defense so effective and they have talented players. However, I am a little concerned with Quinn's lack of production.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As impressed as I am about our offense....& I am elated:yay:........... this Wade "D" is still no side show.

This "D" makes just as big plays as this offense does. The D'Line with Brockers/Donald are playing Pro Bowl level ball but our Lb'ers of Barwin, Barron & Ogletree are just too much talent for an Offense to control through out a ball game. Contain one another strikes the offense & shuts it down. All three of these LB'ers leading the team in tackles, Barron & Tree are #1 & #2 & Barwin is #5. Barwin leads the LB'ers with 4 sacks & reserve LB'er Longacre has 4 sacks also along with a FF.

Between Baron & Tree there are sacks, FF & INT's to impress. Keeping play-maker LB'er Cory Littleton to having to make due with ST action. Finally we saw great burst of rookie Samson Ebukam in action who was fast to arrive but needs to learn to wrap too. But LB'er Ebukam is lightning in a bottle.

Not sure how these divisional leading teams who will play us shortly (Vikings/ Saints/Eagles) feel but I would be concerned how to deal with this Wade "D". I still don't think this defense has played up to its best yet.
As good as our "O" is and as good as our "D" is it sure makes them better that they Practice against each other!!(y);):yess:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
We finally have coaches that are able to make adjustments during the game. This is what has made this defense so effective and they have talented players. However, I am a little concerned with Quinn's lack of production.

Unless he turns it up another notch, he's gone this off season. We can fill his position in via draft or free agency at a more affordable clip.