Rams vs Steelers: Shane's Select 7 (InsideSTL)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Good dissection of the situation. We will have our hands full for sure. Thanks for the write up, Shane.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thanks for sharing your article with us Shane. (y)

Brian Quick - "He’s in much better shape right now than he was a few weeks ago." I could understand his being out of shape if he was rehabbing from a knee injury because he couldn't run. But why was he out of shape rehabbing a shoulder injury? Maybe I don't understand what being in football shape means. I'm thinking of the cardiovascular aspect of it but maybe Fisher means something else.

Ben Roethlisberger - how this guy is still walking around free much less excelling as an NFL QB is beyond me. A motorcycle accident without a helmet or a license, several sexual assault charges that were dropped, a four game suspension for "professional behavior evaluation," and worst of all PLB Sports, terminating "Big Ben's Beef Jerky" contract. :sneaky:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Would love to see Gurley debut tomorrow and Quick return. But I have a feeling they won't make a big impact this game if they do play. I don't think Fisher would try and force them. He'll slowly transition them into the game plan as the weeks go by when they finally get on the field. Other guys need to step up.

One thing we have going for us is the on/off play they have at home and on the road. At home this week following a poor performance on the road. Thats a recipe for giving Big Ben fits.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for sharing your article with us Shane. (y)

Brian Quick - "He’s in much better shape right now than he was a few weeks ago." I could understand his being out of shape if he was rehabbing from a knee injury because he couldn't run. But why was he out of shape rehabbing a shoulder injury? Maybe I don't understand what being in football shape means. I'm thinking of the cardiovascular aspect of it but maybe Fisher means something else.

Ben Roethlisberger - how this guy is still walking around free much less excelling as an NFL QB is beyond me. A motorcycle accident without a helmet or a license, several sexual assault charges that were dropped, a four game suspension for "professional behavior evaluation," and worst of all PLB Sports, terminating "Big Ben's Beef Jerky" contract. :sneaky:

Prime Time my man, what's good!??

On Quick, the best overall explanation I can give is what I described in the article.

On Ben, great points. He's had some interest happenings throughout his career but has overcame them all to excel on the field for over a decade. Looks like he has at least two or three more good years left in the tank.

STL-Rams

Starter
Would love to see Gurley debut tomorrow and Quick return. But I have a feeling they won't make a big impact this game if they do play. I don't think Fisher would try and force them. He'll slowly transition them into the game plan as the weeks go by when they finally get on the field. Other guys need to step up.

One thing we have going for us is the on/off play they have at home and on the road. At home this week following a poor performance on the road. Thats a recipe for giving Big Ben fits.

From what I hear, snackdaddy, Gurleyis more likely that Quick. Like you, however, I'd love to see both of them active -- which is still possible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know what else Big Ben has done?
Last week he had 6 passes on 3rd down for 244 yards.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
From what I hear, snackdaddy, Gurleyis more likely that Quick. Like you, however, I'd love to see both of them active -- which is still possible.

Would love to see Gurley break out in his debut. That would really give the fan base a needed boost which in turn might improve attendance. The defense plays well at home for the most part. A packed house can only help bring up their intensity.

STL-Rams

Starter
You know what else Big Ben has done?
Last week he had 6 passes on 3rd down for 244 yards.

That is absolutely insane, X. Thanks for pointing that out! Hope you are well my friend!

STL-Rams

Starter
Would love to see Gurley break out in his debut. That would really give the fan base a needed boost which in turn might improve attendance. The defense plays well at home for the most part. A packed house can only help bring up their intensity.

Definitely seems the D gets fired up at home with the crowd noise, etc. Agree on your other point as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@STL-Rams Shane, any food for thought on if the Rams don't match up well vs the 4-3?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Thanks Shane! Always a worthwhile read.

I'm not confident this week. We just aren't ready for a team of this caliber. We will be, but not yet.

I will be screaming my ass off though.

Sack predictions for this game, sir?