Rams vs Seahawks Prediction - Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How will game one end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's all over. Free agency, the draft, OTAs, TC, first round of cuts, and preseason. One more round of cuts, but we pretty much know our starters except center.

Game one, at home, NFC champs coming to town who we BEAT last season, largest ROD gathering ever(?), raising money for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society with the Rams' help, and honoring Rich, forever know here at ROD, as Thordaddy.

New QB with more than one best in the NFL records, Quick back, Mason hamstring, Pead coming on, TA promising to be a big part, Givens looking solid, O-line rookies and new positions, defense with the pedigree to be a top contender, special teams stars, and coaches with a history of pulling off crazy plays, and perhaps bonehead plays, on both sides of the ball.

What do you think will happen game one?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, RamzFanz, thanks for asking. I think you will be The Butchershop Champion again and @-X- will have to wash your socks for a year as promised (don't let him convince you he didn't). Also, the Rams win.

I am of the opinion that Foles is the man who will take the Rams to the promised land starting with a stuttering and difficult win over the Squawks. The line will fail at times, but when it doesn't, great things will happen. The secondary may blow a coverage, but they will rob Wilson of the ball more than once. The rush will be a rush Wilson has never faced, and he will weep silently into his helmet.

Rams 23 - Shelameasslosers 20

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Its going to be another close one but Rams edge it by 3 or 4 points. Cannot wait!

FRO

Legend
If we want to make the playoffs I feel like we need to split with Seattle. It's almost impossible to win there with all the fake crowd noise they pump in. We need to win game number one. Our schedule looks fairly easy this year. Unless we have a bunch of injuries there is no reason we shouldn't reach the playoffs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It'l be won on a 50+yarder from greg the leg, our o-line will surprise everyone with how solid it seems, there will be tricks that Seattle won't be ready for, but we'll need them to beat out a pumped Seahawks team...

Wilson will get sacked, by at least 3 different Rams :)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think it is close for a while, but the shit bag squawks pull away in second half.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I feel that the Rams should win but I'm afraid that they will lose due to a stupid penalty.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep see sawing on this one. The Rams Oline is revamped and not playing like a well oiled machine, but then again last years line was not good. So can the Rams run the ball? Without Tre Mason or Tre Watts I don't expect any long gainers which will hurt the offense. I am worried about Foles throwing into tight coverage against the Seahawks secondary. Turnovers would hand the Game to Seattle.

However on the other side of the coin. The Seahawks Oline is not so good and the Rams Dline looks even better than last year. If they don't give Wilson time to throw or can frustrate him by sacking him 6 times then the Rams have a chance in a low scoring game. Plus we may not really have seen much of Cignetti's offense. Maybe he will surprise us with some great play calls. I liked the screens in preseason and that bomb to Givens had the entire Dline faked out, so the play action game could keep them fooled.

In the end we need a dominant defensive performance, which I expect, except from JJ. He cannot have any screw ups in this game. They are back breakers.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I went Rams win big simply because the results are publicly view-able.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Rams 21
Seahawks 20

Rams win on a late TD and 2-point conversion.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I actually voted that the Seahags win. I feel dirty for doing it, like I need to soak in a bath tub full of soap to get the stench off me. If this was week 6, I'd go with the Rams, but we always start out slow and this preseason didn't make me think otherwise. I think we keep it close, but Seahags will pull it out unfortunately.

PS I truly hope I'm wrong

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams win in another tough, grind-it-out, down-to -the-wire, battle. I hope the defense is prepared for a lot of fakes, quarterback bootlegs, and misdirections though, because the Seahawks know the Rams defense is aggresive and can get after them. They had some success last year, and I still remember Ogletree failing to contain Wilson outside on a quarterback scramble. Rams win 20-17 on a last minute field goal.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I see a potentially ugly offensive game the way both olines are playing. I think the difference can be Wilson's mobility to escape the pressure. Hawks win a close one.

Moostache

Rookie
This Rams team is going to be historically bad ...UNLESS they somehow figure out how to stop committing dumb penalties, missing tackles by hitting instead of wrapping and the WR's suddenly develop hands in place of the frying pans that currently pass for 'hands'...

If Foles gets hurt, there is a chance this team could be the NFL's very first 0-20 team because there is no way that Keenum and Mannion combined could win a game at this point (IMO). I do not say that to be snarky...looking at the external distractions, the internal OL growing pains, the dicey HB health and the results of the pre-season on top of last season's results, I can see a snow ball rolling and gathering steam unless the team comes out and shocks the league with solutions to all those problems.

I hope to be terribly wrong, but this is set-up to get ugly and the "effort" from guys like Britt and Cook in the pre-season only makes me worry more.

Lesson

Oh, really?
This Rams team is going to be historically bad ...UNLESS they somehow figure out how to stop committing dumb penalties, missing tackles by hitting instead of wrapping and the WR's suddenly develop hands in place of the frying pans that currently pass for 'hands'...

If Foles gets hurt, there is a chance this team could be the NFL's very first 0-20 team because there is no way that Keenum and Mannion combined could win a game at this point (IMO). I do not say that to be snarky...looking at the external distractions, the internal OL growing pains, the dicey HB health and the results of the pre-season on top of last season's results, I can see a snow ball rolling and gathering steam unless the team comes out and shocks the league with solutions to all those problems.

I hope to be terribly wrong, but this is set-up to get ugly and the "effort" from guys like Britt and Cook in the pre-season only makes me worry more.

I'd like to know why this team would/could be historically bad. This team has better talent on it than it has in the past decade and aside from 1 starter going on IR, the lineup is in tact.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Go big or go home.

Thomas is rusty from the layoff, Wilson and Graham can't get on the same page, the D-Line harasses Lynch, we get a couple of offensive scores and one on defense.

Rams 24
Pigeons 10

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a tough one coming out of the gates, the NFC Champions. The RAMS play well within the division.

I see this as a knock out drag um out fight to the final whistle. This would be a huge momentum builder that could carry the RAMS right through to the bye week.

Contain Wilson, play tough against the run, protect Foles, open holes for the running game to get established, eliminate turnovers and costly penalties and when the dust clears walk off the field with a victory.

27-24 RAMS.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Dude, have a gallon of this and call me on the 14th!
upload_2015-9-4_9-29-5.jpeg

Moostache

Rookie
I'd like to know why this team would/could be historically bad. This team has better talent on it than it has in the past decade and aside from 1 starter going on IR, the lineup is in tact.

It was just an opinion, but you're seriously asking "how?" when the entire second sentence of my initial reply was:
If Foles gets hurt, there is a chance this team could be the NFL's very first 0-20 team because there is no way that Keenum and Mannion combined could win a game at this point (IMO). I do not say that to be snarky...looking at the external distractions (1), the internal OL growing pains (2), the dicey HB health (3) and the results of the pre-season on top of last season's results (4), I can see a snow ball rolling and gathering steam (5) unless the team comes out and shocks the league with solutions to all those problems.

Not saying I am right (or wrong)...it is just opinion afterall...but really? Did you just not read anything beyond "historically bad"? There are 5 reasons the situation COULD spiral out of control on the Rams. This is NOT a stable franchise with great veteran leadership of winning players...that's another reason it could go south, fast. There are good players on the team, and yes, better than year's past in many spots....but there is also a very real chance for disaster if they do not play out of their minds against the Seahawks.

Just my opinion, worth nothing if you need a cup of coffee! :D