Rams vs Saints- a betting perspective needed.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
Friend of mine is a gambler- and wanted some inside info into this game. I told him about our team- but he wanted to know how much will each QB play most likely- and what our depth looks like and how many players sitting out. I guess the key to preseason is the quality of the backups vs the other teams.Also philosophy of coaches and how long they play each unit. I told him generally Fisher plays starters very little game one- and plays 3rd and 4th team most and that number goes the other way with each game historically. So we may not be a good bet week 1 in preseason.

Anyone know if Brees will play- and if so who are their backup QBs?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, Brees has a minor injury, so I doubt he'll play much (if at all).
Luke McCown is the backup, so...

Betting on a preseason game is a fool's errand too, if you ask me. Might as well flip a coin.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Friend of mine is a gambler- and wanted some inside info into this game. I told him about our team- but he wanted to know how much will each QB play most likely- and what our depth looks like and how many players sitting out. I guess the key to preseason is the quality of the backups vs the other teams.Also philosophy of coaches and how long they play each unit. I told him generally Fisher plays starters very little game one- and plays 3rd and 4th team most and that number goes the other way with each game historically. So we may not be a good bet week 1 in preseason.

It is rumored that Brees will not play do to injury!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think we have the edge due to being at home, and we've got a pretty deep team this year, so I would take the Rams in this one. Whats the point spread?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If you are betting on a preseason game, you have a real problem.

I bet 100 bucks on the Rams Ravens game two years ago in the preseason, it was game 4, and Fisher planned on playing the starters, and the Ravens sat theirs. Easiest money I've ever made!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

I doubt it matters who starts. Any pocket quarterbacks we play this year are gonna get wasted. GW is probably gonna bring out all kinds of blitz packages to check out whos good at doing what, I'll take our depth at D over NO's offense depth. Also I doubt Asshole Face is gonna be rocking his vets much on offense either.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

If your friend wants some legitimate gambling advice: don't bet on preseason.

May as well flip a coin.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Betting on a preseason game is a fool's errand too, if you ask me. Might as well flip a coin.

This ^ and as a former gambler take the under. Overs are always inflated and its preseason.

MrMotes

Starter
Pretty sure Asshole Face has a more lackadaisical attitude towards preseason games than Fisher does. I'd take the Rams.

And i disagree with all the hate for preseason betting.

Regular season NFL games are among the most heavily bet in gambling, pretty rare you'll find a bad line. Preseason on the other hand is thinly bet and you have a better chance of finding a line that doesn't make sense. Just don't analyze a preseason game like it's a regular season game. That would be nuts...

tbux

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who are the other backup QBs in NO? McCOwn and who else? I have no idea.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think Peyton Manning has ever won a preseason game. Not many anyway.

I wouldn't bet on a game where the coaches don't even game plan.

MrMotes

Starter
I don't think Peyton Manning has ever won a preseason game. Not many anyway.

I wouldn't bet on a game where the coaches don't even game plan.

See that't the thing, betting against Indi during the Manning era was a pretty good bet. He didn't play, they didn't try, they hardly ever covered in preseason...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Actually if a team loses a bunch the year before, they tend to come out like it's the SB in preseason. But I got my own quirky things I look at...depth, back up QB's...Coaches (any changes & newbies)...but overall, I agree..

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
If you are betting on a preseason game, you have a real problem.

Yeah, do you really need to blow your cash so badly that you want to speculate on whether Logan Kilgore, the Saints 4th string quarterback, can throw a touchdown against the third team Rams secondary?

You only have to wait a month before you can bet on a real game.

My betting perspective would be to cool your jets.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who are the other backup QBs in NO? McCOwn and who else? I have no idea.
The Rams have the most depth they have had in years.You will see M.Sam getting after it.The dude(Hill,LB)from Minn. is a nice pick up.Shotty said this is one of his deepest RB classes he has ever had.
The Rams are at home.Fisher is all about winning at home.He will want it more at the end.
--Bree's is not playing,& the Rams D-front exposed the Saints O-line.I might play a Saints chick for some Taint.
It might be best to play the under,except I think the Rams want to create tempo.They also want to run the ball.Tre Mason might get 15 plus carries.
I think another thing going for Rams D' is the young safeties will be playing deep.That might keep from giving up a long pass play.
--I also think Williams said this is the most depth he has ever had from a D'Lineman front.
-Gram said G.Williams went after SF in the preseason,& they are working on blitz pickups.
---I like The Rams depth at WR .Givens will get his chances.I've been hard on him,but think he'll have a TD catch.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Betting real dollars on a preseason contest?...really?