Rams vs. Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMBUSH

Starter
11/22 any of you rams fans attending the game ? I shall be there with my daughter !!! I'm sick of purple !!!!

RAMBUSH

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guess we will be the only blue n yyellow there ! Go Rams!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I will be there!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'll be there but not nearly as confident as a week ago. if I'm gonna freeze my nuts off I sure as hell wanna see some better offensive production

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still debating. I was ready to buy my tickets till last week's debacle. The next two weeks are must wins .

The Ramowl

Starter
Hey guys, I just arrived in NY and I think the Ravens games would be my best shot at going to see my first Rams game without killing my budget. Is there a group of ROD fans going that I could join ?
Hope there is ! ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams cant score points against Baltimore defense, then we are really sunk.
I may make the trip, but want to see what the Bears game looks like first. Seeing Chicago shut down one of the top offenses has me more than concerned

RAMBUSH

Starter
I say pull the trigger , how many chances will one get to see Todd gurley? Don't pass it up !!!

RAMBUSH

Starter
If the Rams cant score points against Baltimore defense, then we are really sunk.
I may make the trip, but want to see what the Bears game looks like first. Seeing Chicago shut down one of the top offenses has me more than concerned
No worries , bears played Monday night in sandiego ! They were fired up for prime time . Now another road game after short week ! Gonna be a gurley show ! Next! Ravens ! Go Rams !!!

I'm a glass half full kinda fan ! Ha

RAMBUSH

Starter
I hate blacks and purple ! Go Rams !!! I will still be there ...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My "little" brother will be there. His house is right down the street from the stadium. He makes money allowing people to park in his driveway during games... he's a sorry ass raven fan now, and so is his hot girlfriend. It disgusts me.

I'll be with him for thanksgiving next week. Hopefully I'll be the one giving him shit over this game.

RAMBUSH

Starter
My "little" brother will be there. His house is right down the street from the stadium. He makes money allowing people to park in his driveway during games... he's a sorry ass raven fan now, and so is his hot girlfriend. It disgusts me.

I'll be with him for thanksgiving next week. Hopefully I'll be the one giving him crap over this game.
Hope so too

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I'll be with him for thanksgiving next week. Hopefully I'll be the one giving him crap over this game.
I say you revoke his invitation to Thanksgiving it the unthinkable happens.

RamBill

Legend
Practice Report 11/18: Austin's Homecoming, Long Returns to Practice

By Myles Simmons

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-practicereport/Practice-Report-1118-Austins-Homecoming-Long-Returns-to-Practice/89291588-0e2f-4399-a3fe-3a95edd0a6b8

Because he’s a member of a team in the NFC West, wide receiver Tavon Austin doesn’t get many opportunities to play in his hometown. He’ll get to do it for the first time in his career on Sunday, when St. Louis squares of against Baltimore just steps away from the inner harbor.

“Definitely looking forward to it,” Austin said after Wednesday’s practice. “Just the fact that I get to go home, play in front of my family -- a lot of people who don’t get to come see me play out here. And growing up in Baltimore, I was a Ravens fan. So just playing against one of my favorite teams growing up is definitely a blessing, too.”

Austin came up in Baltimore during a time when the Ravens featured a bevy of talented players, winning Super Bowl XXXV to conclude the 2000 season. And Austin continued to follow the club as it continued its success through the last decade.

“That’s when they had all the legends back then -- Ed Reed, Jamal [Lewis] and all those guys, Ray [Lewis],” Austin said. “It was definitely good growing up and seeing them. And now, I would’ve played against one of them this year -- Terrell Suggs -- but unfortunately he’s hurt.”

Neither of those players were his favorite wide receiver, though.

“I was a [Derrick] Mason kind of guy,” Austin said, coincidentally referencing a receiver who played for his current head coach in Tennessee before going to the Ravens in 2005.

While Austin has played in the D.C.-Virginia-Maryland area before -- the Rams played at Washington in Week 2 of this year, for instance -- the Baltimore native said this game will have a different feel to it.

“I probably lived about 15 minutes from the stadium,” Austin said. “A lot of people wouldn’t travel to D.C. to come see me.”

They will, however, make the shorter trip to downtown Baltimore.

“It’ll probably be a good little section up there for me,” Austin said, adding he expects his friends and family to wear Rams gear.

It may be Austin’s first trip to Baltimore as a pro, but he has played at the home of the Ravens before. At Dunbar High School, Austin was a key cog for a team that won three consecutive Class 1A state championships. And those championship games were played at M&T Bank Stadium.

“I’ve got some good memories in that stadium,” Austin said.

Austin set all kinds of Maryland records in high school, including 9,258 yards from scrimmage, 7,962 yards rushing, 123 touchdowns, and 790 points. But there’s one thing that sicks out in his mind from the last state championship he won in 2008.

“My last play of my high school career, I scored the winning two-point conversion to win the game -- to win the state championship,” Austin said.

Now, he’ll go back seven years later with the goal of creating some new memories.

“That’s the plan,” Austin said. “Go in there try to have a good game, don’t do too much -- just play my game and try to get out of there with a win.”

LONG’S BACK AT PRACTICE

It’s been another trying year for defensive end Chris Long, who has been out the last four weeks since suffering a knee injury against the Packers. But the veteran is now a full participant in practice, after going through a limited session at the end of last week. He was listed as doubtful on the injury report heading into the matchup against Chicago, but admitted Wednesday that may have been a bit unrealistic.

“That was probably more hopeful than I was realistically close,” Long said. “I appreciate coaches kind of saying, ‘Hey man, let’s be smart and wait one more week. Let this thing completely heal.’ And when I’m back, I’m back. I’ll be close to 100 percent. That’s all I can ask for.”

But with this being the second straight year Long has had to miss games, it’s been a bit of a frustrating process.

“I’m not the first guy to get hurt, injured. It’s out of your control. But when you’re hurt, you feel like you’re letting people down,” Long said. “You’re watching your buddies play football, and that’s your job. You don’t feel like you’re doing your job.

“Especially two years in a row, it’s frustrating because there have been things that you just can’t avoid,” Long continued. “They’re freak things and I’m going to keep pushing to try to help this team, and do my part. I’m just excited to be back and help this team.”

If there’s a silver lining to Long’s injury this time around, it’s that there was no ligament damage to the knee so he did not have to undergo surgery.

“The bone just had to heal,” Long said. “It’s a fracture, so it’s not like something that when you’re back, you’re dragging around.”

Long lamented how he didn’t feel like himself when he got back to playing the Rams’ final five contests in 2014.

“So when I’m back, I’m back,” Long said. “And I’m really excited to help the team however I can. I’ve just missed being out there.”

“When you’re staring the prognosis down in the face, you’re like, man, it’s going to take forever,” Long added. “And then you’re out there like that. So we’ve got at least seven weeks of football left -- at least -- and I can’t wait to keep playing.”

INJURY REPORT

Aside from Long being listed as a full participant, the Rams had three more players listed on their Wednesday injury report.

Center Tim Barnes (concussion) was listed as a limited participant.

Defensive end Robert Quinn (hip) and right tackle Rob Havenstein (calf) did not participate in Wednesday’s session.

RamBill

Legend
Rams notes: Welker getting more comfortable with each practice
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_772019d1-5af0-5bb4-a058-53cb1ed27aa6.html

Just a few days after signing with the Rams, veteran receiver Wes Welker made his debut Sunday. The 34-year-old was on the field for 11 offensive snaps, targeted six times and finished with three catches for 32 yards.

“It felt good,’’ Welker said following his first game action since a Denver Broncos playoff loss Jan. 11. “It felt good just kind of getting my feet wet a little bit; just trying to get accustomed to everything.’’

Signed after Stedman Bailey was suspended four games for violating the NFL’s policy on substance abuse, Welker entered the game on the Rams’ second series and was open when a third-down pass from Nick Foles missed the mark. On the next possession, Welker made a 6-yard reception on a third-and-7 play.

“Obviously I want to get my depth on that third down and make sure I get the first down,” said Welker, who was open and overthrown on a second-half pass from Foles. “It’s a tough situation but at the same time you still have to make those plays for the team.’’

Welker hopes to play an even bigger role in Sunday’s game against the Ravens in Baltimore.

“This being my 12th year, you kind pick it up and go,’’ he said. “Obviously not the outcome we wanted, but I felt comfortable. Every day, you’re learning more and more. I’m trying to study, getting in a lot of mental reps, watching the other guys. I’m standing next to ‘Sherm’ (wide receivers coach Ray Sherman) and (offensive assistant Jeff) Garcia and getting the play calls, and figuring out what’s what. It’s coming along.’’

Rams coach Jeff Fisher likes what he has seen from Welker.

“He was exact in his play,’’ Fisher said. “He ran the routes appropriately. He got open. We hit him a few times and missed him a few times. He looked like he’d been doing it for a long time, which is good to see.’’

A five-time Pro Bowl selection who led the NFL in receptions in 2007, 2011 and 2013, Welker must now adjust to a new quarterback. On Monday, Fisher announced that Case Keenum would replace Foles.

“In Miami, I think we had six or seven QB’s, but it’s been a long time for me to deal with that,’’ said Welker, who has caught passes from future Hall of Famers Peyton Manning and Tom Brady during the last eight seasons of his NFL career. “I think you just go out there and try to do your job and do whatever you can to help your team win. I’m kind of focused on myself and playing how I need to play.’’

NEW GUY IN TOWN

The newest Ram, center Eric Kush, has had an eventful fall, spending time with the Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Carolina Panthers and Houston Texans — all since early September.“I’ve been running around, making the rounds, touring the country a little bit, grinding, grinding, grinding, doing whatever I need to do,’’ he said.

On Monday, just 10 days after signing a two-year contract, the 26-year-old Kush was waived by Houston. He was claimed by the Rams on Tuesday. Wednesday, he took part in his first practice at Rams Park.

“I’m coming in here to work my butt off,’’ he said. “I’m going to work hard, bring some energy, have fun and help out in any way I can.’’

Kush, who stands 6 feet 4 and weighs 313 pounds, played in 49 games and made 32 starts for the Division II California University of Pennsylvania Vulcans and was selected by Kansas City in the sixth round of the 2013 draft. He spent the next two seasons with the Chiefs, playing in three games and making one start.

With the University of Missouri’s Mitch Morse, a second-round draft choice in the spring, winning the starting job in Kansas City, Kush was cut at the end of training camp.

“It’s nice to still have a job, to know somebody wants you,’’ he said. “I want to move forward. I’m excited to be here, the playbook’s very similar, which helps. I’m primarily a center, but I’m here to play some football and I’ll do whatever the team needs me to do.’’

RAM-BLINGS

The Rams’ first injury report of the week includes just four players. Defensive end Robert Quinn (hip) and tackle Rob Havenstein (calf) did not practice, center Tim Barnes (concussion) was limited and Chris Long (knee) was a full participant. Long was hurt on a knee-to-knee hit against Green Bay on Oct. 11 and hasn’t played since.For the Ravens, linebacker Elvis Dumervil (knee), and guard Kelechi Osemele (knee) and tight end Nick Boyle (foot) did not practice Wednesday. Dumervil and Osemele have started all nine games this season for Baltimore.

• Not long the 3 p.m. waiver deadline Wednesday, defensive tackle Doug Worthington ran out of the locker room at Rams Park and rejoined the team. Worthington was waived on Tuesday and re-signed to the practice squad after clearing waivers.

• After receiving contributions from everyone in the locker room, the Rams will partner with the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis for the 21st consecutive year of distributing turkeys and fixings to approximately 2,000 families. Players, cheerleaders and team mascot Rampage will pass out the turkeys Thursday at locations throughout the region.

• The Denver Broncos released guard Shelley Smith on Wednesday. Smith was with the Rams in 2012 and 2013.

jap

Legend
Homecoming for Tavon? Sounds like Tavon and the Gurley Express! need to put on a show this weekend. Chris Long needs to show Joe Flacco how glad he is to be back in pads. Time for our Round One DL draftees, including Nick Fairley, to show the Ravens why they are so special. Case officially makes his intro as a Horn, and Wes Welker gets ready to explode now that he got his feet wet last weekend as a Horn.