Rams vs Ravens: Good, Bad, Ugly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sigh, another week and another desperate attempt to find some good... hell I'd even take a heaping dose of just bad at this point. The ugly is getting out of hand. Here we go.

The Good:
Johnny Hekker- Yep the punter again, could you imagine how bad we'd be if we didn't always have great field position on defense or able to punt our way out of the offense never moving the ball? He did muff one punt for a measly 38 yards which hurt his average bringing it down to "only" 45.9 but he had 4 downed inside the 20 and tied a career long with a booming 63 yarder. If only our offense could capitalize on the good field position it gets a lot of times thanks to Hekker and the defense.

Aaron Donald- Had another strong outing. Recorded his team leading 7th sack along with 10 tackles (several for loss). This isn't something to brag about but he also took out the starting RB Forsett with a broken arm on a backfield tackle and was the player who rushed Flacco into a throw and subsequently tripped his LT into his knee tearing his ACL. Pointing these out isn't to celebrate the injuries but to point out how disruptive Donald was and how he spent most of his day in the Ravens pocket creating mayhem.

Honorable mentions- Bradley Marquez I love on special teams and he's had several nice catches the last few weeks and fights for yards with more determination than the majority of our offense (his lone catch yesterday was nullified by a penalty). But I like him and hope he gets more playing time.

The Bad:
Greg Zuerlein- I know a lot of people would want him in the ugly but the field goal he missed was from 50+ even if it was a back breaker. But the wind was a factor in this game on several plays. GZ is struggling this year but a lot of that comes from 50yards or greater and there's not a lot of kickers who are good 50+. His blocked extra point was no bueno as well. At least he had the awareness to catch his own kick and fall down? Got to get positives where we can right? Right?

Case Keenum- I feel bad for the kid. I feel bad for all of our QBs. They just have no chance in this crappy offense with no o-line. He was scrambling for his life all day and you just knew it was going to end with him injured... well should have ended there but more on that later. He had a 75.2 QBR which was far better than Foles last two starts. He had two fumbles the last one I don't blame him for with Greg Robinson giving Upshaw the matador treatment two plays after Keenum very blatantly suffered a concussion.

The Ugly:
Tre Mason/Isiah Battle- You've got to be f***ing kidding me you two &*%$@#!?!?!?!?!?!?!? The ugliest of the uglies this week goes to these two doofus... doofi? Is there a plural for doofus? Anyway, you guys miss the team bus and subsequently the game. A game that we very obviously could have used Battle... a perfect opportunity for him to make an impression and he misses the team bus. And Mason, the word is he has missed a lot of team meetings this season as well... not his first incident in other words. Yeah he obviously is mad at Gurley being drafted but it is obviously motivating him in the wrong direction and that's a shame. I thought he'd be a bigger man than that but apparently he's going to curl up and whine about it instead of showing that he deserves a starting job... you're always auditioning in the NFL even if you're not a starter on your current team Mason.

Jeff Fisher- Not going to harp too much on this since it's been said a lot last couple weeks. But he has had four years to make this team his own. The o-line debacle a lot of us saw coming in the offseason. Not holding some players accountable. Not pulling Keenum when he got concussed. Wasn't a fan of when he used the last timeout. etc

Greg Robinson- Yep you again, I was giving him a pass until he completely ignored Upshaw until it was too late on the final play that caused Keenum to fumble. I have no idea what he was looking at on that play. He's a work in progress.... he'll get better.... he's athletically a freak... this might be all true but no excuse for messing up such a blatant protection assignment like that. He continues to underwhelm. My only hope is he can be a good guard if we ever find an adequate LT. I thought that might be Battle eventually but he is apparently incapable of making it to the team bus on time so.... who knows.

Frank Cignetti- Same as Fisher, not much to add that hasn't already been said. Very predictable play calling and very poor execution by offense. Yes there's injuries and youth but it is truly disturbing how completely unprepared the offense looks on some plays. New England has never had an issue putting no name o-lineman into their starting lineup and succeeding and at least not looking lost doing it?

Is this a teaching issue? A personnel issue... ie- Snead and Fisher keep drafting/signing players incapable of basic learning? I just don't know anymore. 4 years and its the same problems year after year. In the end, its the head coaches job to put people in place capable of putting their players in a position to succeed. And this has not happened on offense for 4 straight years now no matter how often we change QB, WRs, olineman, coaches, etc.

The NFL- how does Keenum not get pulled by ANYONE?!?! With the insane amount of penalties now to protect players against head injuries. With the incessant media going on and on about it. With a movie coming out called concussion that the NFL is not happy about. With a person on both sidelines not affiliated with the team there to watch for concussions. With another NFL appointed person in the booth who watches the same thing we all do with the power to stop the game COMPLETELY if he thinks a player suffered a concussion. With our own Reggie Scott going out to check on Keenum and Foles obviously realizing something was wrong as he warms up on the sideline. And Keenum is left in the game?!?!? How does that happen? How does this get left in the game?

maximus

Rookie
Case Keenum- I feel bad for the kid. I feel bad for all of our QBs. They just have no chance in this crappy offense with no o-line. He was scrambling for his life all day and you just knew it was going to end with him injured... well should have ended there but more on that later. He had a 75.2 QBR which was far better than Foles last two starts. He had two fumbles the last one I don't blame him for with Greg Robinson giving Upshaw the matador treatment two plays after Keenum very blatantly suffered a concussion.

Keenum was in a much better situation that Foles last 2 starts. Vikings have the 3rd best 3rd down D in the league. Bears have a good pass defense D, and could focus on stopping the pass whole game(apart from the 1st drive). The Ravens are one of the worst in pass defense, still Keenum looked bad. He did not had to chase the game, Rams D did not gave up 24 points in the first half. That noodle arm will be exposed, the defenses will learn to keep him in the pocket, where he can't see over the line. There was a reason Kubiak would want to rather get fired than start Keenum.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Lol. I remember that fight.

I, also, remember the Gruden session with Case, and he admitted to selling certain stuff to get calls. When I say stuff, I mean faking getting hurt, or hit, harder than he was. He was unabashed, when he said this. This is why I kept an open mind, to what happened, between he, and the trainer. I also thought that Teddy B., faked, on more than one occasion, the roughing call. I wasn't surprised when, he was able to play the next game, admist all the, Rams are a dirty team, bullshit.

Was he really hurt? Maybe, I don't know. Could have been, certainly. He, based on his actions on the field, should have been taken out, by the designated spotter. I, however, have seen guys totally knocked out, or haven their bell wrung, and have also experienced this, as a player, and seen, and have been, lucid and ready to play, by the next play.

As a coach, if I ever noticed this, I would take a player out to make sure he was OK. As a dad, I saw my son play with a concussion, on more than one occasion, and I noticed it, but the coach didn't. It, sometimes, can be a very subtle condition, that only someone very close to, might notice.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Keenum was in a much better situation that Foles last 2 starts. Vikings have the 3rd best 3rd down D in the league. Bears have a good pass defense D, and could focus on stopping the pass whole game(apart from the 1st drive). The Ravens are one of the worst in pass defense, still Keenum looked bad. He did not had to chase the game, Rams D did not gave up 24 points in the first half. That noodle arm will be exposed, the defenses will learn to keep him in the pocket, where he can't see over the line. There was a reason Kubiak would want to rather get fired than start Keenum.

Yeah they both are not starting quality QBs, what's your point?