Rams vs. Jaguars: Who has the edge?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I spent 3 days downtown Jax this past week the heat & humidity was just plain NASTY. It was hard for me to even breath & I lived in NWFL all my adult life too. The Rams who normally enjoy the @Mojo Ram dry heat effect will not like this stinky hot bowl.

Humidity: 91%

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
All that screams McVay we win this game if McVay sticks with the running game if he wants to pass 48 times expect another loss and 5 turnover performance. Gurley needs 25 carries this game whether they are effective or not it will only open up the passing game. We can’t be 1 dimensional against this Jags defense

McVay is certainly not planing on passing 48 times again this. He has to stick to his guns and run Gurley no doubt. Rams have to stay in front of the chains too. They need positive yards on every play with first down being very important. The players need to avoid penalties that put them behind the chains. I stated before the Rams are better off mixing up the passing and running games evenly closer to a 50/50 mix. The Jags having trouble with the run makes me feel better about this game. I don't think it's automatic with running Gurley 25 times. The Jags will be waiting for the run so mixing it up and smart football should help get the Rams the win. Getting TDs over FGs is also a must.

I spent 3 days downtown Jax this past week the heat & humidity was just plain NASTY. It was hard for me to even breath & I lived in NWFL all my adult life too. The Rams who normally enjoy the @Mojo Ram dry heat effect will not like this stinky hot bowl.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...her+forecast&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Looks like another hot humid day 86 degrees 72% Humity.

That's very interesting and didn't think about that. have to control the ball with the run and pass mix makes even more sense.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My main prediction for this game, " It will end in the 'Pit-of-misery' Dilly! Dilly! for the Jag's!!(y)(y):D

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I agree, but the unit has suffered muff punts from Austin and last week Zuerlein missed a very makeable kick, let's hope the unit bounces back in Jacksonville.[/Q

plus I hope fassel does something about the penalties

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One thing we do know is Todd Gurley knows the Gator Bowl field very well & had great success playing on it. He has many seasons running in this Florida soup bowl!

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Hopefully by 4 pm eastern time, it may have cooled off a bit.
It has to be better than playing at 1pm. Considering we probably have to wear our Blue jersies, 4 pm is a bit of a blessing

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did these guys that write these articles even watch the games?

Goff didn't lob the ball to Thomas, someone hit his arm as he was throwing the ball.

The rams didn't have 5 turnovers after taking a 10-0 like these bozos claim.

Looks like these guys look at the box score then make stuff up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is certainly not planing on passing 48 times again this. He has to stick to his guns and run Gurley no doubt. Rams have to stay in front of the chains too. They need positive yards on every play with first down being very important. The players need to avoid penalties that put them behind the chains. I stated before the Rams are better off mixing up the passing and running games evenly closer to a 50/50 mix. The Jags having trouble with the run makes me feel better about this game. I don't think it's automatic with running Gurley 25 times. The Jags will be waiting for the run so mixing it up and smart football should help get the Rams the win. Getting TDs over FGs is also a must.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...her+forecast&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Looks like another hot humid day 86 degrees 72% Humity.

That's very interesting and didn't think about that. have to control the ball with the run and pass mix makes even more sense.

86 degrees? That's a nice day for Jacksonville.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SPECIAL TEAMS
The Rams, uncharacteristically, were rough on special teams last week. Punt returner Tavon Austin fumbled twice, kicker Greg Zuerlein missed a field goal for the first time this season and ultra-reliable punter Johnny Hekker had a rare poor attempt. Pharoh Cooper, the Rams’ primary kickoff returner, is expected to replace Austin on punts. Jaguars kicker Jason Myers has made 10 of 11 field-goal attempts inside 50 yards this season but has missed his only attempt from beyond 47 yards. The Jaguars’ return game hasn’t done much, as former USC standout Marqise Lee has averaged only 2.6 yards per punt return. Jacksonville has yet to record a kickoff return longer than 28 yards this year. EDGE: JAGUARS

tenor.gif

There isn't a special teams unit in the NFL that I'm taking over ours. Our Punter is the best in the business. Our KR leads the NFL in return yards. And our Kicker is currently hitting 93.8% of his FGs. Plus, we replaced our PR who keeps muffing punts. Yea, I don't know what this person is thinking. We're actually superior to the Jaguars in every statistical measure on special teams (except turnovers).