Rams vs Chiefs - GAME DAY THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I hope he was able to get them autographed too!!(y)

Nah - they don't really sign stuff when they are going in the tunnel, but sometimes some lucky kids score some gloves or wristbands... he got really lucky getting a whole set!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
upload_2015-9-3_23-8-49.png

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Idk about you guys but Isaiah Battle did not EARN a spot on 53. I don't care what we gave up to get him, if he makes the 53 there will be some good talent we have to cut.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Idk about you guys but Isaiah Battle did not EARN a spot on 53. I don't care what we gave up to get him, if he makes the 53 there will be some good talent we have to cut.
Like who? Battle is very low in the pecking order anybody we cut to keep him wasn't very good. Plus we only gave up a 5th round pick to get him, it would be no big deal to cut him IF it meant we'd be keeping a better offensive lineman.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to predict that Battle gets a spot as he didn't have the early training camp and we still have a couple camp body type O-linemen to cut.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going to predict that Battle gets a spot as he didn't have the early training camp and we still have a couple camp body type O-linemen to cut.
Yeah. We're not releasing that dude after giving up a 5th in the supplemental. He won't clear waivers either.
Snead said this was going to be a red-shirt year for him. To wit:

"He's going to practice what would've been his final year of college eligibility with us, go through our offseason program, and then start his rookie season a year from now. This will allow us to bring him along gradually both on and off the field. Now it's up to Isaiah and us to go work to reach his potential as a person and player." -- Les Snead

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Loved the thread fellas, even a day late.. Loving Mo Alexander mo every day.... Loving Reynolds, the lineman...don't fret over Cook & Britt going half speed in preseason game 4.....man those are VETs...Love what I keep seeing from Cig...dude has a feel for Tavon & big plays..if he just busts 2-3 times a game..that's plenty...Hagar...guy always could really run...Wanna see what this O-Line continues to do....LTP...man, what can we say, another 6'0 290 lbs stud DT....Did my man Quick catch a pass in a game? I Pead is better than Benny...Benny is so huge...calves look like basket balls...a lil deflated....Mannion needed all of Keenums snaps...Austin Davis shoulda never been re-signed...Cody Davis, finally living up to his combine/pro-day numbers...His arms are noticeably bigger...what do you do with Christian Bryant?

What about McGee? Can he still go on the PS? Do we put him on half season IR? Do we need a 5th cb?
Maybe I'm too hard on Pead.
Think so FRO...you're a classic man too...Dude has talent.

I wonder who Austin Davis ticked off. Did he even get to throw a pass?
Me...one more pick 6, and I'll pop....
This is great! You talked that up the other day...Great grab!

No way...3rd (2nd) round talent in the 5th...Let Boo mold that guy...has good feet with bad lean & poor strength....2-3 year plan for him too.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Battle was competing against players who instead of having a couple of weeks before training camp to train with the team and learn the playbook, get coaching, etc had several months extra. It would have been amazing (and sad for the talent level of the others) if he had looked great or even good.

He'll be fine. He'll build up strength, get coached up, and in a month or two be okay as an emergency guy, and by next season will hopefully be a real asset.