Rams v cardinals - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
fantasymin340.jpg

Rams by 6.
Mark it down.

Injury Report:
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/name/ ... night-game

This week's Thursday night game features the Arizona Cardinals visiting the St. Louis Rams. The Cardinals remain without running back Beanie Wells who was placed on injured reserve (designated for return) because of turf toe and is out until at least Nov. 25. Ryan Williams is expected to start, as he did in Week 4.

The Cardinals' defense has been impressive early this season, but they are dealing with a number of injuries, including to two key players. Defensive end Darnell Dockett did not play last Sunday because of a right hamstring strain suffered late in Week 3 against the Eagles. He is listed as questionable for Thursday after being limited in practice early in the week, but there is hope that the extra days of rest will allow him to play. Safety Adrian Wilson is listed as probable and is expected to play, despite the presence of two injuries. Wilson missed Week 3 because of a sore ankle and groin but returned with a strong outing last Sunday. Wilson is certainly tough, having played all of last season with a biceps tear, and it appears he'll be out there again Thursday.

Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis Rams (groin, Q): Although Jackson is listed as questionable, it appears he is on track to play. Jackson, who has been playing through a groin injury, had a better outing in Week 4 than he did the previous week, where he appeared to be laboring. After Week 3, Jackson acknowledged the groin was limiting him -- he totaled fewer than 30 yards rushing -- but reported no setbacks. Last week, Jackson carried the ball for 55 yards, his second-best rushing total this season. He looked to be moving better, despite facing a tough Seattle Seahawks run defense. Still, Jackson has yet to score a touchdown in 2012.

Maybe that will change Thursday, but first Jackson has to take the field. Despite the short week, Jackson did put in a limited practice Tuesday, the most significant work day in advance of a Thursday night game. The expectation is that he will play, barring a setback.

Danny Amendola, WR St. Louis Rams (ankle P): Amendola was added to the Rams' injury report this week because of his ankle, but there is no indication this is anything major. Amendola practiced in full both Tuesday and Wednesday and is expected to play.

John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals (ankle, Q): Skelton continues to work his way back from an ankle sprain suffered in the season opener. He put in a full practice Tuesday, the first time he has done so since the injury. He is listed as questionable, but Kevin Kolb will remain the starter for now. However, it looks as if Skelton could be available soon, should that become necessary.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Got...to...contain...myself. Must...work...must...get...things...done...in...my...office. Aw screw it! I am so fired up today. We are going to get a big win and send the "other" cardinals home featherless!

GO RAMS!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Totally geeked up for this one. Got the DVR set just in case I get too busy to watch. Hope to be seeing you guys in the war room.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Trying to think of a reasonable excuse to get out of work early for this. They all know I'm a Rams fan so I got my work cut out for me. Lol

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Any kind soul know a good online stream for the game for those of us that dont have the NFL network?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL. Before the game even begins, the torches and pitchforks are at the ready.

9ff4351696cc4e58aa8ff87.png

Holy shit that forum is a joke.

bluecoconuts

Legend
libertadrocks said:
Any kind soul know a good online stream for the game for those of us that dont have the NFL network?

If you have TWC you should have NFL Network now (for free).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
LOL. Before the game even begins, the torches and pitchforks are at the ready.

9ff4351696cc4e58aa8ff87.png

Holy shit that forum is a joke.

...I really hope that blue77 never has children.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sippin on my first Capt & Diet of the evening. Blessed the chalice.

Ready for the Prime Time Home Game my Brethren.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I always listen to this before all Ram games.

Warninng... F - Bombs and bad language

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AULocM49BE[/youtube]

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Going to be one tough game tonight!
:peace: :yahoo: :wootwoot:
GO RAMS !!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
In case anyone is interested...

Rams inactives: DE Sims, T Saffold, QB Austin Davis, WR Steve Smith, S Matt Daniels, RB Terrance Ganaway, DT Matt Conrath.

Pregame thoughts:
- Too bad about Sims, he played really well on Sunday. Happy that Quick is active again, and I don't know if Smith is hurt, but I do know he has been struggling to get open. I expect Quick to continue to get more targets, as I expect Givens to get most of the deep targets.

- I would like to see Pead or Jenkins take on the punt return duties...we need a possible game-breaker there.

- I hope Brockers has gotten the jitters out. He could have made several plays, but often got caught up in beating his guy, instead of controlling his gap. I also saw him get caught flat footed once where he could have had a sack...he just wasn't aware of where the ball was.

- Shelley Smith has to be better than Ojinnaka, no? I mean, he has just totally lost it this season. Not that he was good to begin with, but... Hunter has played well, and he may have a chance to supplant Richardson once Saffold gets back.

- I'd like to see more touches for D. Rich, as it would benefit not just both players, but the entire team. I really want to see Richardson catch a screen in space.

- Finnegan is a much better player than I thought before the Rams got him. I expect to see Fletch on Fitz, should be fun to watch.

- We can pick Kolb, he has a noodle for an arm. Watch us disguise some coverages and roll up underneath with a nickel or linebacker, like we did with Stafford.

- Directional punting has been pretty good so far, but it has to be great tonight.

- Cut out the stupid mistakes in the red zone...please!

- Bradford needs to play smart and not care about the numbers, much like last week. I need at least 4 deep shots though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Sippin on my first Capt & Diet of the evening. Blessed the chalice.

Ready for the Prime Time Home Game my Brethren.

Man - stay away from that Aspartame - nasty shit there. I can explain later. I'm sipping on one of our Savory Sow beers. It's a Basil Tarragon infused ale. Good shit. Go Rams. Kick some more Birdie ass.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man ... Kurt Warner just made every argument I ever made FOR Sam Bradford, and he did it in 2 minutes.
I feel validated now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Man ... Kurt Warner just made every argument I ever made FOR Sam Bradford, and he did it in 2 minutes.
I feel validated now.
Except for Deion, they all raved about Sam. Pretty cool.

P.S. I hope "Young GZ" gets a shot at the record tonight. That would be awesome.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
I feel validated now.

Saw that. And to Dion - He WILL make them better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
I feel validated now.
Except for Deion, they all raved about Sam. Pretty cool.
Yeah. He pulled a PD.
"Make other people around him better ..." Shut up with that noise, defense boy.

It was nice to hear Kurt say (paraphrasing), "Yeah, but it helps to have a Marshall Faulk or Michael Irvin."