Rams Updated Offseason Grades (Personal Opinion!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Willie

Starter
This ass hat at bleacher report seems to think that our trading for Foles was one of the more underwhelming moves. He ranks the top 50 additions from the past week and he has the Foles acquisition at #49 after Philly re-signed Sanchez. Oh, and he has Ryan Fitzpatrick signing with the Jets ranked at #20 and Bradford going to the Eagles at #44. THIS is why many view bleacher report as a joke.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ignings-ranking-the-top-50-adds-from-1st-week
That report was a joke! When I saw The journey man Fitzpatrick on the list at 20 I almost sh#t a brick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Also, Kendricks signing tells the rest of the players that is they work hard, the Rams will pay them for their efforts.
Very good point IMO. I think players want to see that the team values them and looks to resign their own. Continuity is something that shouldn't be overlooked as well. Also, the grass is greener approach hasn't exactly worked for many teams.

On the continuity issue, I experienced something that obviously isn't a real comparison but really hits home with me. A bunch of high school frineds of mine and I all got together and decided to start a softball team. We had some pretty damn good ball players and athletes on that team so we figured we'd just step in and win. Our first two seasons were abysmal. We were getting ten runned by old guys with beer bellies and knee braces. Our first season, we lost every game. Our second season of the year, we lost all but one. We were honestly blown away.

After that second season ended, we kept practicing together and started figuring out automatically where cut-offs would be, timing and placement on double play turns, who could hit reliably to the opposite field, how to shade, all kinds of things. We went undefeated that season and the next in our local A league. The following year we entered in the state B league championships and took second. Same exact guys.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very good point IMO. I think players want to see that the team values them and looks to resign their own. Continuity is something that shouldn't be overlooked as well. Also, the grass is greener approach hasn't exactly worked for many teams.

On the continuity issue, I experienced something that obviously isn't a real comparison but really hits home with me. A bunch of high school frineds of mine and I all got together and decided to start a softball team. We had some pretty damn good ball players and athletes on that team so we figured we'd just step in and win. Our first two seasons were abysmal. We were getting ten runned by old guys with beer bellies and knee braces. Our first season, we lost every game. Our second season of the year, we lost all but one. We were honestly blown away.

After that second season ended, we kept practicing together and started figuring out automatically where cut-offs would be, timing and placement on double play turns, who could hit reliably to the opposite field, how to shade, all kinds of things. We went undefeated that season and the next in our local A league. The following year we entered in the state B league championships and took second. Same exact guys.

Pshaw - OBVIOUSLY steroids.

Big Willie

Starter
Isn't it disgusting? That was one of the worst rankings I have ever seen.
Agreed. Just plain stupid assessment...and if I wasn't jonesing for some Positive Rams news from any source, I wouldn't bother reading that garbage.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Anybody who questions the Kendricks signing needs to do a double take. Kendricks is an excellant play that can do it all. Our double TE set is verrrry tricky because him and Cook are dangerous. Now that we have an when taller QB with a really good arm, these guys coming out of their breaks won't get over looked. Foles sees the field well and this goes double for Tavon. Everybody's numbers dropped after the Bradford injury. I think Britt alone would of had at least 300-500 more yards.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
With all the exciting moves/transactions the Rams have made so far during this offseason I thought I would give me personal opinion on how I think the individual transactions have gone but more importantly I am hoping to see how other Rams Fans feel about the Rams transactions:

1) Nick Foles/Sam Bradford Trade - As much as I like & respect Sam Bradford (And, I have always
been a Sam Bradford fan since the day the Rams drafted him! But, to be totally honest I would had
been more than happy just to make the Sam Bradford for Nick Foles trade straight up just to get
rid of Bradford's salary. It will be interesting to see which QB ends up having the better career
(My money is on Nick Foles). And, I do wish Bradford the best of luck and I hope he has a
great career with the Eagles (Except when he plays the Rams!)! And, to think the Rams got a
couple of pretty good draft picks included in this trade was just a very added bonus!
Grade: A+

2) Akeem Ayers - I have to admit that I don't know much about Akeem Ayers but from what I
have read he seems to be a pretty good signing for the Rams. Ayers should help make an
already very good Rams defense even better!
Grade: B

3) Nick Fairley - I will also have to admit that I was shocked when the Rams signed Nick Fairley!
I never thought the Rams really were that interested in Fairley nor did I think they really
had a shot at getting him if they were interested! But, adding Fairley to a defensive line that
that already has Quinn, Long, Donald and Brockers should make the already very good Rams
defense one of the better (Potentially the best?!) defenses in the league! And, it sounds like
they got him at a very reasonable price.
Grade: A

4) Lance Kendricks - This is probably my most questionable signing. Not that I doubt how
good Kendricks can be or that he can definitely contribute to the Rams offense but his contract
seemed to be a little steep to me (But, I honestly don't know all the specifics of his contract so
maybe it is not as expensive as I think) and I personally probably would had tried to offer
some of his salary to sign another offensive lineman or two. But, if the Rams can still sign
Barksdale and another offensive lineman (Winsiewski, Blalock, etc) then Kendrick's signing
will make a lot more sense to me.
Grade: C

5) Kenny Britt - I really thought the Rams needed to re-sign Britt and I am very happy they
did but kind of like Kendricks I am not sure if they overpaid or not. But, then again I do
not know the specifics of his contract and I do think he was almost a must have sign player!
Grade: B+

Overall - I am thrilled with the Rams offseason so far and if they can re-sign Barksdale AND sign
another quality offensive lineman (Wisniewski, Blalock, etc) I will be one very happy
Rams Fan going into the Draft!!!

Paceram you pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly lol. Would of like to seen a little more attention devoted to the oline but I have to believe the FO has a plan.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paceram you pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly lol. Would of like to seen a little more attention devoted to the oline but I have to believe the FO has a plan.

I also think the Rams have a plan to add some offensive linemen to their roster. I just hope these players cooperate and agree to whatever deals the Rams have in mind for them! And, I wish the Rams would come to terms with these players (Offensive Linemen) soon so I could rest easier! I am getting too old for these offseasons!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I also think the Rams have a plan to add some offensive linemen to their roster. I just hope these players cooperate and agree to whatever deals the Rams have in mind for them! And, I wish the Rams would come to terms with these players (Offensive Linemen) soon so I could rest easier! I am getting too old for these offseasons!

I hear ya, the older I get the less my patience gets lol

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This ass hat at bleacher report seems to think that our trading for Foles was one of the more underwhelming moves. He ranks the top 50 additions from the past week and he has the Foles acquisition at #49 after Philly re-signed Sanchez. Oh, and he has Ryan Fitzpatrick signing with the Jets ranked at #20 and Bradford going to the Eagles at #44. THIS is why many view bleacher report as a joke.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ignings-ranking-the-top-50-adds-from-1st-week

Just another reason I don't take the BR seriously! I am by no means an NFL or Rams expert but personally I thought this trade was a great move by the Rams!