Rams update: Fisher tweaks his coaching staff/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams update: Fisher tweaks his coaching staff
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...e-9142-f5ff8b798188.html#.Vb0PICViEOU.twitter

Jeff Fisher has done some tweaking on the defensive side of his Rams coaching staff.

Chuck Cecil, the team's defensive backs coach the past three seasons under Fisher, has been given broader duties this season with the title senior defensive assistant.

"Chuck has been a huge contributor to this staff, and he's gonna continue to do so," Fisher said. "We felt like his value comes from more of a big-picture, intimate-project, I'm gonna say kind of a coordinator perspective.

"But rather than dealing specifically with DBs, we felt like his value was greater on a big picture basis, overseeing everything. So he'll do a lot of projects for us. I'm really excited about his future with us."

Brandon Fisher and Dennard Wilson will take over the defensive back coaching duties.

"They're sharing responsibility in the secondary," Jeff Fisher said.

Brandon Fisher, the head coach's son, will spend most of his time with the team's safeties. Wilson will work mostly with the cornerbacks. Wilson, 33, has spent the past three seasons as a defensive quality control coach with the Rams. From 2008-11 he was a scout with the Chicago Bears.

Brandon Fisher, 28, spent the 2011 season as defensive assistant with the Detroit Lions before joining the Rams in 2012.

While losing offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer to the Georgia Bulldogs in the offseason, Jeff Fisher has added four assistants to his staff: quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, offensive assistants Jeff Garcia and Barrett Trotter, and defensive quality control coach Jeff Imamura.

Trotter, a former Auburn quarterback, joined the Rams in 2013 working in both football operations and scouting.

Counting the head coach, the Rams' coaching staff now consists of 27 coaches.

RamzFanz

Damnit
"But rather than dealing specifically with DBs, we felt like his value was greater on a big picture basis, overseeing everything. So he'll do a lot of projects for us. I'm really excited about his future with us."

That's what I would tell employees I was moving away from my team. Special Projects, over there, in the corner, away from me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
27 coaches!?!? I thought Kroenke was a bad owner that didn't spend money on his team!

Sorry couldn't resist

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, should be easier to assign credit....and of course the blame....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder what the average number of coaches is, per team?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's the average number of coaches per team?

I wonder what the average number of coaches is, per team?

Couldn't find a site that just lists the number but I found two things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs

And I also found an article on espn.com saying Buffalo had the second most in the NFL with 24

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/75333/bills-have-nfls-second-largest-coaching-staff

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Well, at least they have depth. If a coach goes down in pre-season they got a guy ready to go.