Rams unveiling 12 personnel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Anderson was certainly a pleasant surprise. We know the AZ run defense is pretty bad. Not only do they give up the most yards, they're in the bottom 5 in YPC. But what CJ gave us was a much needed boost and a legit run threat to compliment Gurley.

The Cards might be bad in run defense but they are an NFL team. Most players in the NFL are so evenly matched, most times there is a fine line between the worst and the best.

The road gets a little tougher next week. But it was a good start for the new look offense. One step at a time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The offensive line played better. They weren’t outright dominant, but were mostly good, especially when run blocking. The line sort of started resembling a single organism again, rumbling out toward the flats on zone schemes, and not having very many apparent blown assignments. One area of concern is center John Sullivan who continued to struggle with the strength of the Cardinals interior line. It will be interesting to see what the Rams do with Sullivan after this season. They could call it a wrap and take on $1,000,000 in dead money, or keep him on ice and use him to mentor Brian Allen or whoever they decide else they decide to start.

Yeah IMO Allen's time is just about here. Not sure what the Rams perceive to be the dropoff on the line calls, but physically I think there is already an advantage to plug Allen in there. So I think it's coming soon, maybe even this year's playoffs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is the best thing for the rams right now. When kupp is healthy they shouldn't even contemplate it, which they didn't. Nfl defenses had no answers when kupp was on the field.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah IMO Allen's time is just about here. Not sure what the Rams perceive to be the dropoff on the line calls, but physically I think there is already an advantage to plug Allen in there. So I think it's coming soon, maybe even this year's playoffs.
Do I think there is big room for improvement & upgrade to our well seasoned & battered savy vet. @ this time ....? Yes. Do I believe it will happen this season ? No.

Of course that would change very quickly if JS was to sustain an injury. I hope this does not happen. I normally beleive in the golden OL rule the longer this OL stays & plays together the better overall they can overcome the routine bad things that happen during games. However JS is the OL's weakness.:(

We know Kromer has rested our 3 over 30 OL'ers constantly during weekly practice's for the last 17 wks. Not sure or how to really gage the con's to this Kromer practice, but when you have played as long as JS & AW I do not think it's much of a negative & in this case most likely a positive trying to keep them fresh & strong enough to weather this season. If Kromer is giving big rest periods to these 2 vets @ LT & OC...then I would conclude that rookies Noteboom & Allen have had a good amount of practice time with the rest of the starters. Right?

Most all the draft reviews with any good reputation said BA would come into the NFL ready to start @ OC. Some 2018 NFL mock drafts on the NFL Draft board had OC Brian Allen as a late first round draft choice or early 2nd rd pick. Others had BA as a late third day draft selection too. It appears his size was a major factor for teams to look away from him being 6-1 & playing around 290 plus @ Mich St.

Veteran JS has had issues all season long & it's been trending downward ...mainly on his strength @ the point of attack in dealing heads up with Large strong DT types & most fail mode comes in pass pro situations. In addition our opponets have also been utilizing inside LB's & safeties to flood & race into neutral zone off snap directed @ JS.

BA's
was also projected below average in foot quickness & overall athleticism too. Hopefully Kromer & Andy Dickerson have been working hard with BA on that. When you consume all the BA Bio's.... what hits you most is he grades high in his toughness & strength at the point of attack;). BA had power to burn when dealing close up with big large DT's.

When you see video or still shots of BA ...you see a very condensed squatty size OL much like a walking thick square block. He certainly has beefed up since the early TC weight in @ 303 lbs. Not sure how long McVay will stay with the 12 personnel & upticks' in his run offense but if we may get a chance to see much more of BA here against the 9ers if we can get up on them early & where we can run the ball mostly.:yess:

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nfl defenses had no answers when kupp was on the field.

Yeah when he went down I had that sick feeling in my stomach, and it only got worse as we went forward. The KC game we didn't really see the defensive adjustments to Kupp being out. But those last few games it's been really clear how our offense is good but not great without C-Kupp.

In the long run this is going to help Everett & JRey in speeding what should be the end of their development. But it does not help the Rams in their playoff run. We're in for scrum-like games against every team we will face, it's gonna be fun of course but we aren't going to have that offensive ability to run away with games or come back from big deficits without our top wideout.

Here's hoping the defense finishes strong vs SF and goes into the playoffs on a bit of a roll. We gonna need them to play well to advance.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do I think there is big room for improvement & upgrade to our well seasoned & battered savy vet. @ this time ....? Yes. Do I believe it will happen this season ? No.

The matchups we are going to see in the playoffs do make it possible though; Sully was showing his age vs the Bears and they're not the only team with the horses to shut down our run game and simplify our attack.

I'm very concerned about how well Sully will hold up in the playoffs. But that said it's a big benefit to us that we have a young center who might be ready to carry the load.