Rams unsure if LT Jake Long wants to keep playing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

Tue, 30 Dec 2014 4:48 PM ET

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he's not sure if left tackle Jake Long wants to keep playing, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Long tore his ACL for the second straight season and has missed 10 games during his two-year tenure with St. Louis.

Long was the top overall pick in the 2008 draft by the Dolphins.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...-unsure-if-lt-jake-long-wants-to-keep-playing
---
Thoughts?

I think I'd be OK with that if he wanted to hang 'em up, but I believe it would make re-signing Barksdale a priority.

FRO

Legend
Did Fisher mention this in the press conference? I sure didn't see it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either way Long played his last down as a member of the Rams...unless he plays for cheap.

I think he's gone regardless of his contract.

He wasn't good this past season, before he went out. It will likely take him longer to get ready, and probably would take too long to get him truly ready to play effectively for him to be a factor in 2015. The Rams would be better off taking all the cap savings and using it to sign one or more healthy, effective OL. Heck, it would pay for Barksdale, with money likely left over.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Did Fisher mention this in the press conference? I sure didn't see it.
I think fisher said Long could possible play interior or compete for another position along with saffold for possibly right tackle. that's a decent lineup with new SOLID rookies to backup. also said he will have his 3 safeties on the field a lot.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fisher was asked if Long was coming back. Said he wasn't sure, but that Long's been in the building every day. Was asked who the LT was and said it was definitely Greg Robinson. Was asked if Long could play another position and he said he could easily move inside or play RT if he wanted.

With Fisher's penchant to trust vets like Long, it wouldn't surprise me to see Long back. I don't want it, but if he's strong and is willing to play RT, then I could see them giving him a chance, anyway. I would still think they'd see signing Barksdale as a priority.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm saying it now, I expect Christian Bryant to make a name for himself in this off-season.

That guy was the heart of the OSU defense and guys like that don't quit. He's going to come back with a vengeance.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm saying it now, I expect Christian Bryant to make a name for himself in this off-season.

That guy was the heart of the OSU defense and guys like that don't quit. He's going to come back with a vengeance.

I hope you are right. The Rams can always use good players.........even if they are OSU scum :fighting:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench or even playing guard.
At a much lower rate though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
So we can expect badassness from Bryant, Alexander, Barron, and McDonald then @Mackeyser ?

Bad ass!(y)

Yes! I actually think with Bryant and Barron, Alexander may end up being the odd man out... but Bryant will surprise people.

I'm not part of the college rivalry thing so I dunno what to say about the OSU deal, although as a born Bruin...born at UCLA Medical Center to a UCLA student... I am genetically predisposed to hating all things USC. I can't help it. That said, I got over McDonald being from USC the second he put on the Horns.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes! I actually think with Bryant and Barron, Alexander may end up being the odd man out... but Bryant will surprise people.

I'm not part of the college rivalry thing so I dunno what to say about the OSU deal, although as a born Bruin...born at UCLA Medical Center to a UCLA student... I am genetically predisposed to hating all things USC. I can't help it. That said, I got over McDonald being from USC the second he put on the Horns.

I hope that they move Alexander to linebacker and Joyner to safety, actually. Alexander's amazing at special teams, Joyner could start at free safety, and Bryant could still compete with Davis for the fifth safety slot.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO Long will retire three years in a row with injury time to call it a career and go join Jim Harbaugh at Michigan on his coaching staff.