Rams uni concept on Sportslogos.net

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
It is in St. Louis. About 15 minutes from Downtown by way of I-44 east if you are familiar with the area.

Got it.
I'm not familiar with the area.
I live in Sacramento California. ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Got it.
I'm not familiar with the area.
I live in Sacramento California. ;)

cowbell.jpg

Most people won't get the reference......hehehe

tahoe

Pro Bowler
meh those look kinda boring to me. im probably in the minority but I like the current unis(except for the blue on blue) they are much more modern than the previous version. the yellow and blue were really dated by the time they replaced them. I want the uniforms to be modern and interesting, as crazy as it seems sometimes kids choose the team they want to root for by how they look and in todays day and age you could lose some future fans due to boring unis. I wish they would bring back the gold pants and lose the blue pants.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Love Walken! "hey look... i put my pants on just like you guys in the morning. The only difference is... after I put my pants on... I make gold records!"

The reference is the Kings fans and the cowbells they bring to the games. Phil Jackson, during the heated playoff battles between the Lakers and Kings once called Sacramento a "cow town" and the fans turned it into a rallying cry. It got loud at the games and even Phil got a smile out of the whole thing.

At one point I think they banned them because of the noise. I'm not sure.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
The reference is the Kings fans and the cowbells they bring to the games. Phil Jackson, during the heated playoff battles between the Lakers and Kings once called Sacramento a "cow town" and the fans turned it into a rallying cry. It got loud at the games and even Phil got a smile out of the whole thing.

At one point I think they banned them because of the noise. I'm not sure.

San Francisco was calling St. Louis a cow town during the 1987 NLCS too... We needed more cowbell then too.

For other Chris Walken fans, do you remember the SNL skit with him, Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch and Chris Parnell called 'Colonel Angus'?? One of the best ever. "Tell them if they're looking for Anal Lingus... knock on the back door .... of Shady Thickets."

Alan

Legend
Rambitious1 wondering about Webster Groves:
Where is Webster Groves?
I was a resident(?) of Webster Groves Children Center (orphanage) from the age of 6 until I was 12. All I really remember of it was the roaches. When you pulled down the covers on your bed you could see them run. Not good memories.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yellow & Blue looks way too much like the old UCLA Bruins uni. But really like the Blue n Whites.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I was a resident(?) of Webster Groves Children Center (orphanage) from the age of 6 until I was 12. All I really remember of it was the roaches. When you pulled down the covers on your bed you could see them run. Not good memories.
There is a lot more to that story. I liked your post not the fact you were in an orphanage. I spent a couple years in a Boys home and I am not comparing it to an orphanage, but wanted to empathize with you. I am very grateful for my time and what I learned in that environment.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
rdlkgliders with a huge understatement:
There is a lot more to that story.
Nothing good comes from dwelling on any of the negatives from your past. But...while wracking my brain to come up with something good to say about the place there's this: Every Monday during the summer, the orphanage packed up all the children who were interested and took them to the St. Louis Municipal Opera. We saw operas like "Oklahoma". That was very enjoyable.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I saw the name and imagined rows upon rows of Emmanuel Lewis's growing in the field.

It's been a tough year for them though. The crop is a little short this year.