Rams under most pressure in 2014 NFL Draft/Jeremiah

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There will be more talent on the Rams this year than several of the playoff teams from last year.

Fisher has got to get them playing to their ability and then some. And I believe he will providing one thing happens.

I look at teams like the Saints and Colts, who we crushed, and I see teams with less overall talent than the Rams. But they have a winning attitude, they expect to win. And of course, they believe in their QB.

It overwhelmingly comes down to Bradford. He needs to stay on the field, and he needs to get the players around him to totally buy into him as the guy who will always give them a chance to win.

I remember the team believing in him during his rookie year. He needs to show the fortitude to recapture that confidence. And it will be harder now after the fall from the aura of the #1 pick QB.

Can he do it? That's the $99,000 question.

It's been done before. Case in point, Terry Bradshaw. He was a mess his first 4 years, getting benched twice. But he fought back.

Sam is gonna get opportunities this year to show he can take a big hit, make the big play, and lead his team to a big win. He either does it, or they look for a guy who will.

IMO if the Rams played in the AFC North or South they make the playoffs/win the division. Same with the NFC East or North. Unfortunately for them they play in the division with two of the top 3 teams in the entire league and 3 of the top 5 defenses. If the Rams were in any of those 4 divisions Fisher would have gotten serious Coach of the Year consideration.

Put the Colts, Eagles, Bengals or Packers in the NFL West last year then take away their starting QB for the rest of the year in the middle of the 7th game and none of those teams win 7 games. So IMO Fisher is getting guys to play well, the circumstances have been so adverse that it's had some negative effect on results.

So when we remove the Fisher part of the equation that leaves us with the other half of the QB/HC duo that is critical to a teams success, at least according to all the talking heads. So I agree it overwhelmingly sits on Bradford's shoulders.

nighttrain

Legend
"it could be a make-or-break situation for Fisher"

I highly doubt that. With the talent the Rams have now I expect a very good season.

The draft is important but Quinn took 3 seasons so...? Can we judge this season's draft this season?

Doubt it. We judge the last three season's drafts this season.

If Rams are all about impact players it will be Clowney / Mathews first pick.

Yes?
I like the way you think amigo, rooks seldom make sudden impact, where i'm really hoping is for are guys heading into 3rd season to GET IT
train

F. Mulder

Starter
I agree with the irony of the NFC West suddenly becoming a powerhouse division. Back in the day (I'm dating myself I know) in the 70s all the Rams had to do was field a team vs the likes of the horrible Falcons, Saints, and 49ers. Anyhow, I think the division makes the Rams a better team. First we have seen that they can compete and win vs all 3 teams. Second, it gives them a very honest assessment regarding where they are at and where they need to be to win in that division. IF the Rams got in as a 9-7 or 10-6 team I'd be scared to death to play them. OTOH, any team from the NFC East wouldn't scare me much at all.

It's going to be hard for them to be anything better than 8-8 or 9-7 this year but I like the plan and approach but it all comes down to cashing in on opportunities and the Rams have had some nice opportunities to shape their team/roster the way THEY want via all the draft picks and roster churning. Now it comes down to being right in the evaluation, the players developing to the levels expected of them, the coaches ensuring the players know what and why they are doing what they are doing, and for this young team to gel. If we look back on this period 3-4 years from now and have little to show for it we are back where we started and blew a great chance to be a power for years to come. All roads lead through Seattle and SF and if the Rams want the love they feel they lack and deserve (both from media types and the fans) they need to prove it on the field and not in press conferences. We have seen glimpses of who they can be but until they beat teams they should and surprise teams the shouldn't they are just another team in a long line of teams with high hopes but little to show so far.

boozeking

IMO if the Rams played in the AFC North or South they make the playoffs/win the division. Same with the NFC East or North. Unfortunately for them they play in the division with two of the top 3 teams in the entire league and 3 of the top 5 defenses. If the Rams were in any of those 4 divisions Fisher would have gotten serious Coach of the Year consideration.

Put the Colts, Eagles, Bengals or Packers in the NFL West last year then take away their starting QB for the rest of the year in the middle of the 7th game and none of those teams win 7 games. So IMO Fisher is getting guys to play well, the circumstances have been so adverse that it's had some negative effect on results.

So when we remove the Fisher part of the equation that leaves us with the other half of the QB/HC duo that is critical to a teams success, at least according to all the talking heads. So I agree it overwhelmingly sits on Bradford's shoulders.

The Rams most definitely play in the toughest division in football and should be commended with how they performed this season. They seem to be up on the rise and I love how Jeff Fisher is building this team and stocking draft picks. I agree with most of what you said however though, I'm not so sure about the comments you made about the Colts or Packers only getting 7 games in the NFC West. The Colts beat some quality football teams this year. They beat both the Seahawks (one of the best games of the year) and the 49ers. Not to mention they were the team that knocked off the undefeated Broncos in Indy. Indy has the potential to win any game they play imo. And as far as the Packers, they went to the playoffs. 8-7-1 and by no means a pretty record but Aaron Rodgers was out for 9 games. Even though their defense sucks, as long as they have Aaron Rodgers at the helm, it's no way I'm counting them out. They'd just lose to the 49ers twice a year because the 9ers own the Packers lol.