Rams turn attention to front-office improvements

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Rams will turn attention to possible front-office improvements

Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2017, 5:55 AM EST

Now that the Rams have a new head coach, other changes could be coming to the organization.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams will now look at ways to improve their front office. While searching for their latest coach, the Rams obtained feedback from various persons. They will study how to implement the changes.

Don’t be surprised if they add to the front office, supplementing G.M. Les Snead, possibly with someone who would occupy a higher position on the organizational chart.

Making an addition to the front office more likely is that COO Kevin Demoff will now be focusing more on getting the stadium built on time and within budget, and less time working on football matters.

Good grief...... Demoff should NEVER have been doing anything in the football end of things, other than salary cap and contract issues.
If he's been making Football decisions no wonder the Rams have not been getting any better.

All this time I thought we had gone away from 'non-football' people making football decisions.
So I guess now we know................
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Demoff got McVay and Wade Philips so I'm not gonna throw stones at him right now...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Polian is on death's door, sorry to say. That ship has sailed.

I think it's Ballard. Chiefs blocked the 9ers from interviewing him due to playoffs, and they are now eliminated. IMO he's the guy for the job.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
What has me worried is who is going to be picking the players from the draft. How much imput could Sean McVay have given the fact he's never seen most of the Rams players up close and in private? (and isn't going to any time soon due to the CBA) and being only 31 years old? He can't work with players til April 3. All on Snead?
And who are they hiring for the front office? Someone with lots of experience and a good football mind or a close buddy (good 'ol boy syndrome) who won't threaten anyone's job? And who exactly is making this alleged hire?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I can't imagine any serious changes to our FO, I think this is just smoke being blown up our ass by Florio.

I can't imagine Snead not being the guy calling the shots on draft day. He has been spending this year and last preparing, why put the selections in someone else's hands? After discussing with McVay our player personnel, I would imagine Snead will select players that fit his scheme and also address immediate needs to get us to a .500 team.

This year's theme? Sign our important defensive free agents/last year guys and focus on Oline and weapons via free agency and draft.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What has me worried is who is going to be picking the players from the draft. How much imput could Sean McVay have given the fact he's never seen most of the Rams players up close and in private? (and isn't going to any time soon due to the CBA) and being only 31 years old? He can't work with players til April 3. All on Snead?
I would hope that McVay is going to look at every possible skill position acquisition considered by Snead.

This should have been done YEARS ago.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
none, think he takes a year off... Maybe a media gig
Yeah he's getting a nice pay day this year, doesn't need to be aggressive.
But I wouldn't be shocked to see his name pop up in next years purge of HC

Bruce2980

Starter
Yeah he's getting a nice pay day this year, doesn't need to be aggressive.
But I wouldn't be shocked to see his name pop up in next years purge of HC
But Fisher has already been purged. Doesn't he have to find a job to get purged again?