Rams trying to trade Tru J.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh boys, I'm balls deep in proving this clown a fraud. For those who have twitter I suggest you log on his profile and read.

Absolutely emabarassing that he would play off like he knows someone on the inside, then run a report on twitter that he knows someone from SRAMs HQ, who told him in private on another forum..

Just let the guy have his 30 seconds of fame. It's not hurting anyone. But what he said about footballsfuture isn't correct. I posted the rumor over there based on what Bubba said here.(and I made sure to note that the rumor was not coming from me) I do not work for the Rams, so...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Oh boys, I'm balls deep in proving this clown a fraud. For those who have twitter I suggest you log on his profile and read.

Absolutely emabarassing that he would play off like he knows someone on the inside, then run a report on twitter that he knows someone from SRAMs HQ, who told him in private on another forum..

Brian Hylerio? I popped in to check it out lol

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

View: https://twitter.com/andrewj0nes/status/841125367154913280

Is this anyone here? I'm not trying to call anyone out by any means, but this person claims to have heard on a Rams forum from a a Rams employee that the Tru to Miami trade rumors may indeed have legs. I'm skeptical and tweeted him in two separate posts to clarify whether he was going off the rumors that were swirling on twitter and posted here in our forum, or what board he was talking about that has an employee from the HQ ballsy enough to leak Rams info. Like I said, I'm skeptical but I figure I ask if this was anyone here.

I have a hunch Mr. Jones is posing as an insider and going off info our board and running it as if he knows an insider.

Well, ... there are a couple posters from this board who have claimed to have inside knowledge, although i'm not sure i've seen any of their prognostications actually yield information which later turned out to be meaningful. It's certainly possible for an insider to go rogue, although dangerous for job security, it's equally possible some information is allowed to be leaked by management in order to create an illusion, kind of like fake news to foster a fiction or steer a dialogue in another direction. Say Cleveland wants to trade but doesn't want to give value, nothing better than creating an impression that another team like Miami is a strong competitor. We know that both players and agents play these games, no reason to believe team management hasn't joined in on the fun. A false narrative or decent reporting can often turn to mush in a rumor mill, it's better to be patient and wait to hear from established reliable sources than jump at every Tom, Dick & Mary trying to get attention. jmo.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
So that everyone knows, after going back and forth with him and Proving him false, he took all his posts down regarding it and my comments.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah, you appreciate the 31 mill guaranteed!

I don't know how to feel about this.
Are the numbers that far off?
Did the Rams under-cut him in 2016 negotiations?
2017 negotiations?
Is he demanding too much?
Is he unsignable?
Does he just want out?

Will it be a distraction?

So many questions.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know how to feel about this.
Are the numbers that far off?
Did the Rams under-cut him in 2016 negotiations?
2017 negotiations?
Is he demanding too much?
Is he unsignable?
Does he just want out?

Will it be a distraction?

So many questions.
JJ (who was the superior player) signed a 5 year 62.5 mill deal with 28 mill guaranteed and many scoffed at paying him that much. So instead, Tru got essentially a 2 year 31.5 mill deal all guaranteed.
After only 1 INT last season, Tru surely has paid attention to the Sam Bradford method of getting paid like big time without playing like it

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Whoa. That's definitely interesting.

Makes you wonder about the timing. Did his agent suggest to him something is in the air ? Another team meeting his demands for a long term contract ? Whatever happens, its gonna shape how we draft.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I wonder how a player would know if they're on the trade block or not.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

His agent.
No team is just gonna give a draft pick or another player away to trade for TruJo and his franchise tagged contract CAP number. Plus, he'd be a free agent next season. If a trade is going to happen, there will have to be a long term contract involved that Tru, his agent, and new team agree upon. jmo.

tempests

Hall of Fame
JJ (who was the superior player) signed a 5 year 62.5 mill deal with 28 mill guaranteed and many scoffed at paying him that much. So instead, Tru got essentially a 2 year 31.5 mill deal all guaranteed.
After only 1 INT last season, Tru surely has paid attention to the Sam Bradford method of getting paid like big time without playing like it

We paid him very little his first four years in the league. That includes 2015 where he far outplayed his contract.

Assuming he plays out 2017, the Rams paid him 34.5 million for six years of service. It's not that bad.

The Cortland Finnegan deal was far worse.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen some posters suggest that a team interested in trading for him would likely want a long term deal agreed to first. Sounds reasonable, I just don't know if its legal. But if it is doable, that would surely tip him off....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We paid him very little his first four years in the league. That includes 2015 where he far outplayed his contract.

Assuming he plays out 2017, the Rams paid him 34.5 million for six years of service. It's not that bad.

It also includes 3 years when he didn't out play his contract, and couldn't stay on the field.
He's had 1 good season in his first 5 years and is the highest paid CB by far in the league.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
His agent.
No team is just gonna give a draft pick or another player away to trade for TruJo and his franchise tagged contract CAP number. Plus, he'd be a free agent next season. If a trade is going to happen, there will have to be a long term contract involved that Tru, his agent, and new team agree upon. jmo.

For sure. But you'd think his agent would only tell him, if there were teams talking with the Rams. By him saying that hes "still" on the trade block, that would mean talks are being had, no? My thoughts on it at least.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

You can't just count a rookie contract and compare that to a vet receiving a contract like Finnegan. Rookie contracts are what they are. It's not like they could have paid him more.